New to this board

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Leila

New to this board

Post by Leila »

I'm Leila and my beloved big sister has been diagnosed for 3 years now and it has been a roller coaster. She has a very aggressive progressive form and it has been the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my life. I always imagined we would remain close as adults, vacationing together, hiking together, running 5ks together, she would watch my babies while I worked since she stayed at home. I can barely think about the fact that none of those things will come true and we face a much darker reality. I'm just looking for a community of people who understand since no one in my life does. They pity and they feel bad but they don't understand. And in the same way I don't understand what she goes through so I hope to learn more from this forum and look forward to participating.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: New to this board

Post by lyndacarol »

Welcome to ThisIsMS, Leila. You have found just what you were looking for – a community of people who understand .We are here to answer any questions that we can, to offer our opinions, to share our experiences, or just to listen if that is what you need.

We do not all necessarily think alike – my own ideas are quite unconventional: I think many MS symptoms can be traced back to excess insulin. I encourage every person diagnosed with MS to request a "fasting blood insulin test." I think this is the reason many have seen improvement with a regimen of diet and exercise, such as Dr. Terry Wahls and her experience (http://www.TerryWahls.com)

Your love for your sister is apparent; it will sustain both of you through this journey. All the best to you and your sister, Leila.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"

Return to “Introductions”