diagnosed just under a year, now what

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
tinytim

diagnosed just under a year, now what

Post by tinytim »

Back in 2010 I was at the emerg with face numbness and very druppy on the left side, since then had had many ct scans and MRI'S. I have over 35 leisons on the brain one large one very close to the spine. I have now been diagnosed with MS.
I am in my mid 50's and apparently have a mild case. However not sure what is in store for me. I have so many symptoms and now found out I am in a lucky 3% that also get the seizures. I have had not too much pain or discomfort for a few months. But the last few days I have had severe pain up the side of my head and into my face and eye with numbness. The pain leaves me so exhausted and not sure what triggers all of these symptoms. Does anyone know what would cause all of the pain and other symptoms? Is it normal to have all of this. Thanks for any info at this point. I guess like so many others I feel very scared and alone
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: diagnosed just under a year, now what

Post by jimmylegs »

hi TT welcome to the forum.
if you are interested in investigating nutritional approaches, I can help.
I am curious if you have your own copy of any test results that have been gathered so far?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

Every time I have tests of any kind they do give me a copy of them, I have a huge file and getting bigger. Saw my Neurologist last week and he now wants me to have a spinal MRI. It just never seems to end.. The worst pain I have is down my left arm which is strange, but at times it is so bad.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Dr. Bergman explains autoimmune disease. You get rid of the toxins and put good nutrition in the body you can get well. You already know you are sick so not sure what value all the test have except to give the doctors more money.

CaliReader
Family Elder

Post by CaliReader »

Hi Tim,

I also have facial numbness and pain. For symptoms like that there is a lot of trial and error. People are different in what works for them. They are also different in what they prefer. I only take pain meds at night. There aren't always good answers. I use neurontin for nerve pain and magnesium for muscle spasms. I also meditate, which helps me be less bothered by the pain I live with.

In your situation I would be working with either neurologist or primary doctor for pain treatment. I would read here about different things people have tried for pain. I don't know what to say about the fear. Mine has changed to be less intense with time, but I was diagnosed less than two years ago, so who knows about the future. Good luck.