Symptoms but no diagnosis

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Larisa0319

Symptoms but no diagnosis

Post by Larisa0319 »

Hey everyone, my name is Larisa I am 25 years old. I started noticing some weird symptoms that started about a couple years ago. Numbness in right leg, pins and needle feeling in legs, hands shake, weakness on right side of body, loss of some reflexes on right side of body, tired, dizzy, and see floating spots. Some symptoms are constant, others come and go, and some have happened once and haven't returned. I recently started seeing a new neurologist and so far he has done blood work and a lumbar puncture both came back normal. I am now being sent for an mri of my brain and spine and an EMG and NCT. I still have not been diagnosed with anything which is very frustrating because I know in my heart something is not right. I am wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with ms even though all tests that were done came back normal? Thanks for reading :-D
Youarethecure
Family Elder

Re: Symptoms but no diagnosis

Post by Youarethecure »

With those tests being normal it doesnt rule out ms. The mri will be a better indicator to see if there are lesions on your brain or spine.

But even still, It could be something as simple as a b12 deficiency, or MANY other things. MS is a diagnosis of ruling everything else out.

I know this sounds stupid, but make sure your neuro is a proper and good doctor. MS is tricky to deal with and diagnose.

best of luck,

Chris
Larisa0319

Post by Larisa0319 »

Thank you for your response. I have had my b12 levels checked and that was fine. I go for my mri's next week so hopefully I will know more then.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

here is a route to some potentially interesting reading related to tests and results that are often more subtle than will red flag anything in standard testing

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/search.ph ... mit=Search
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.