New Zealand mum recently diagnosed

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
magsnz

New Zealand mum recently diagnosed

Post by magsnz »

Just want to introduce myself and say hi :mrgreen: and tell you all about myself

I was diagnosed in November - the week before my 30th birthday :( needless to say my friends made sure i had a really good time and forgot about things for a while... my neurologist now thinks that i have ms for about 13 years (since i was 17) when he thinks i had my first symptom. thankfully it was just extreme tiredness and i managed to have many years of playing my fav sport (basketball) until the beginning of last year.

I have had many symptoms over the years - but was always told "theres nothing wrong with you", i had double vision, tingling down my legs, tingling and weakness in my hands and arms. about four years ago i started getting "temporary paralysis"in my left leg... basically when i walk for too long my leg stops working - i fell playing basketball last year and that is when the neurologist finally realised something was wrong.

so after mri scans and lumber puncture i was diagnosed with ms.

i was devastated as i always thought i could be "fixed". anyway this year my bladder has started to get mixed messages - for anyone else who has this it is so frustrating :?

the good news is i can still work full time and be a good mum - although it is very tiring...

i look forward to chatting to everyone and maybe getting some advice on how to cope (on those bad days when nothing seems to go right) :cry: :lol: :x
Mags :)
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hi Mags, we're happy you found us. :)
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.