New from Dayton, Ohio

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Loobie
Family Elder

New from Dayton, Ohio

Post by Loobie »

Hello All,

I'm Lew Chapman from Dayton, Ohio. I am a 40 year old, white male that has had MS for 5 years now. I'm very high functioning in that none of my symptoms affect my motor ability now. I have horrible Optic Neuritis, bladder and bowel issues and lots of tingling and numbness. The only thing that approaches debilitating is when my bladder makes me pee every ten minutes. And truthfully I would call that more of a nuisance since I still can do it on my own. The bad part is that it keeps me up all night and I suffer from sleep deprivation.

I am entering the Phase IIb of a trial on a drug called Tovaxin. This is the MS vaccine from PharmaFrontiers. I am very excited about being in this trial as even if you get placebo, you still get the real thing when it is over since it is only good for you (it is made from you own stem cells and does no one else any good). Very promising outlook for this drug and I plan to update on here as it goes by.

I just wanted to introduce myself!
bromley
Family Elder

Post by bromley »

Hi Lew.

I'm a 41 year old white male - dx 2.5 years ago. Thankfully, do not have and bladder / bowel problems - mainly stiffness in knees and ankles. Good luck on the Tovaxin trial and please keep us posted.

Ian
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hi Loobie, welcome to the site... your participation in a clinical trial is commendable and I do encourage you to share your experiences with the community. Hope comes through knowledge of what's around the corner.

Welcome again.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Grumpster
Family Elder

Post by Grumpster »

Hi Lew,

I am 36 year old white male. I also have O.N. pretty bad in both eyes, but for now I am still able to work. In addition, many other bizarre symptoms grace me daily. Good luck in the trial. We all could use some real breakthrough.

Best Regards

G
JFH
Family Elder

Post by JFH »

Hi Lew

I cant remember where I got this link - might even been on TiMS ! But a very good presentation from MS Soc CA on bladder and bowel problems with MS and their management. Hasnt stopped me "going" every 60 mins but I feel I know more about why that's happening 8)

Welcome aboard and hope you find the community here a real support - I have.

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/pdf/LFL_bowel_PPT.pdf
John
I am what I am
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Thanks for the link John. I appreciate it!

Return to “Introductions”