New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Hsan

Post by Hsan »

Hello, my name is Hilda. My 19 year old daughter was diagnosed with MS 2 years ago. She was very sick when she was 1st diagnosed. She spent 26 days in the hospital. She was unable to move her arms, legs, unable to swallow and talk. Treatments were massive doses of IV steroids, blood plasma exchange and finally chemo. That seemed to do the trick for almost 2 years. Had a couple of flare ups in the last 2 months and the IV steroids have not helped so she decided to do another chemo treatment (Novantrone) since she really wants to go back to college in Aug. I have found great info on this site. Thanks to all !
DawnsBrain
Family Member

Post by DawnsBrain »

Hello Hilda and Welcome!
I am sorry to hear of your daughter's dx with MS but, glad she has found a trtmt that is working for her. I hope she will be back in full swing in her life soon.

You may want to look up another member CCMom as she has a son that was dx'd and is also on the same med I believe. She is a wonderful woman who is also experiencing some of the things you are. Lots of wonderful ppl and info here on this site. Glad you found us.
CCmom
Volunteer Moderator

Post by CCmom »

Hi, Hilda. I responded to your private message, so I hope you got it. My son isn't on Novantrone, but it sounds like they both started out very similar to each other.

Thank you for the kind words, Dawn.

Aaron, if you're reading this, maybe that forum for teens/parents of teens with MS is going to eventually be necessary!

This board is fantastic, Hilda. You will find a wealth of information here. I am really excited about it!

Please stay in touch!

Kim
Kim R.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hilda- welcome to the site. I honestly wish you had no reason to use it, but because you do, welcome to the community.

And Kim-- great memory :) I think it may indeed need to be set up (unfortunately...).

Return to “Introductions”