I am new to this forum

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Creiaa

I am new to this forum

Post by Creiaa »

My name is Carrie. After 3-1/2 years on 3 mg of LDN, which I began taking right after being diagnosed with MS, I had a serious relapse. My new doctor is a top MS neurologist. He treated me with steroids and I'm now taking Gabapentin for pain and spasticity. I'm feeling a lot better.

Here's my question. I'm seeing the neuro again at the end of June. He wants to put me on one of the CRABs and mentioned a "cocktail." I have no idea if I'll have any choice in the matter, but I'd love to hear from people who are taking any of these drugs successfully. The idea of taking such a powerful drug AND self-injecting is a little scary.

Thank you in advance to all who reply.

Carrie[/b]
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

you DEFINTELY have a choice in the matter. The fact that you found and started taking LDN (I would guess it wasn't on suggestion by your neuro) shows you are ready to find a treatment for yourself.

If you search these forums, you will find a wealth of information on alternatives to the CRABS. I was on rebif, and through this web site have tried MANY a treatment. I am now on Statins and Mino (with 4-AP for symptoms) and am doing a lot better than I did while injecting myself. Although others are doing really well on the crabs.

There are also many trials that have shown promise, that you may consider.

Oh, by the way, welcome.
Gilenya, 80mg Lipitor, Inosine, Minocycline, Suppliments galore.
3 CCSVI treatments, no major noteable benefits thus far.