LDN and Tysabri

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

LDN and Tysabri

Postby stsolakos » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:11 pm

Hi all.

I am considering starting LDN. I 've been on Rebif for more than 4 years and it seems that it has stopped working for me. My neuro said that it would not do any harm to test it for a few months. He wanted me to start Tysabri, but... you know!

So, I was wondering whether taking Tysabri (as soon as/if it gets available again) in combination with LDN could do any harm to me. Tysabri to prevent T cells from entering the CNS and LDN to maintain a good immune system balance.

What do you think?

Of course, we won't be the guinea pigs to test the combination, but I wanted to share opinions with you. Theoretically speaking :D.

Be all well,
Stavros
stsolakos
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby Arron » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:14 pm

combination? Tysabri?!?!?!?! Are you out of your mind?!?!?! ;)

LOL.

I suspect many will react in just that way though... given T's recent press coverage, we may want to shy away from tweaking the immune system in any way past the effect of the drug.

But I'm not a doctor, nor claim to play one on TV or message boards. So my guess is as good as yours.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Low Dose Naltrexone