LDN very first impressions

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

LDN very first impressions

Postby stsolakos » Thu May 19, 2005 12:23 am

Hi all.

Thanks to this great community and a very friendly person that I have met here, I heard about LDN and decided to give it a try.

Yesterday I got my very first dose (3 mg at 23:00). I don't know whether it will work for me or not but I am feeling GREAT at the moment. Despite the fact that I managed to sleep just for a couple of hours, my energy levels are near their maximum. In addition, I feel easier to control my right hand and a little dark spot in my vision has gone away. I wish it is not the placebo effect!

The only negative I can find is the fact that it has increased my spasticity a little. However this can be corrected. It may resolve in a few hours.

LDN has nothing to do with Rebif (which I used to take for 4 years.) or chemo (which my doctor wanted me to do). Even if it does not work, it worths a try.

I am posting this message because I feel the obligation to thank this great community. Thank you all.

I would also like to hear about your very first impressions on LDN.

Stavros
If God created MS, Devil would create Rebif to treat it!
stsolakos
Family Member

Postby Arron » Mon May 23, 2005 6:16 pm

Stavros, good luck with your new treatment. Please keep your doctor informed of your progress and situation, as of course, LDN is not technically "approved" for MS treatment.

Your signature is hilarious by the way-- I wonder how many people here agree with you! :)
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Postby CCmom » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:26 am

My 17 year old son went from Rebif to LDN, and I'm sure he would agree totally with that signature, Stalvos! Good for you! Hope you have nothing but improvements from here on in!

My son is starting LDN again next week, his neuro had requested that we try Copaxone alone, which we did, and now we are all in agreement that he does better on LDN.

Take care!

Kim
Kim R.
CCmom
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Low Dose Naltrexone