waiting time after Avonex before starting LDN?

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

waiting time after Avonex before starting LDN?

Postby batpere » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:10 am

I'm currently on Avonex and CellCept (another immunosuppressant).
How long should I wait after after stopping those before starting LDN?
I'm just planning for the future in case I can find someone to write me
a prescription for LDN. Thanks in advance.
batpere
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby CCmom » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:59 am

My son took his last Rebif injection on a Sunday night, and started the LDN on Tuesday night, when his next injection would have been due. You might ask your doctor or whoever prescribes the LDN about the Cellcept. It could be different with that. Good luck to you in finding someone to prescribe LDN. It has made a huge difference in my son's life, and given us hope that nothing else has.

Kim
Kim R.
CCmom
Volunteer Moderator

Postby stsolakos » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:06 am

Hi batpere.

My humble opinion is that you should not wait at all. Supposing that you stop now, your immune system will need about six months to return to normal. But starting LDN immediately will help your immune system "recover" much faster. Be prepared to experience some old symptoms (nothing new though) until LDN modifies your immune system.

I may be wrong, but it sounds sensible. I stopped Rebif and started LDN a week later because I had some problems passing LDN through customs (burreocracy for ever!) but I would start immediately. There are also some people taking both Avonex and LDN without any problem.

Stavros
If God created MS, Devil would create Rebif to treat it!
stsolakos
Family Member

Return to Low Dose Naltrexone