Progress on LDN trial, Call for Collaborating Neuros

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
SammyJo
Family Elder

Progress on LDN trial, Call for Collaborating Neuros

Post by SammyJo »

After seeing my progress at 10 weeks, and the results of the LDN survey, an LDN trial is being proposed by my neurologist at Univ. Texas! Will post follow ups.

LDN Survey now has over 260 responses
http://home.earthlink.net/~dflomer/LDN/

Yash is going to write a case study in conjunction with my neuro, and is looking for any other neuros who might be interested in collaboration on trials. Here is his post:

Folks we need to have multiple small trials going on. Ultimately, they will lead to a larger trial. So my question to you is:

1. Have you any objective evidence that you have benefitted from LDN. This could include some clinical or MRI proof of a history of progression, which has stopped. Your neuro's expression of an open mouth does not count. To be convincing, the neuro should feel that you were going down hill with conventional treatment and that LDN has
clearly helped.

2. This neuro must be affiliated with an academic medical center.

If you meet both of these conditions, pl. contact me by personal mail. yashagrawal@yahoo.com. I may be able to convince them to do a trial.

Thanks,
Yash
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

EXCELLENT JOB! Who is Yash?
CCmom
Volunteer Moderator

Not quite sure...

Post by CCmom »

Hi, Aaron. I'm not quite sure who Yash is, but I'm sure I've read postings on one of the Yahoo groups for LDN from him/her. Whoever it is, more power to them. If they can just open a few eyes to the "possibilities" of LDN, we'll be that much further ahead than we were!
Kim R.
msmaybe

LDN

Post by msmaybe »

Can I ask who your neuro at Univ of Texas is. Mine is at University of Texas too and I would like to know if he is planning a trial.