LDN Placebo effect ?

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
NormB
Family Elder

LDN Placebo effect ?

Post by NormB »

Last September 2012 I started the normal titration of LDN and three weeks later I started feeling the good effects such as better bladder control, more energy to my legs and better torso strenght. I was extremely happy with the outcome of the drug effect. I am Secondary progressive and still mobile. At the end of November I began to lose all the benefits I had acquired. Also I had a groin skin yeast infection around that time which I read it may affect the performance of tthe drug. If it is due to the yeast infection and deal with this problem should I expect to regain the benefits?
It is simply discouraging to feel that well and fall back. Which is I entertain many thoughts like placebo effect and or the yeast infection.

Regards,

Norm B
'92 diag RR - '05 SP
On LDN since Sept. 2012 with better quality of life.
milesap
Family Elder

Re: LDN Placebo effect ?

Post by milesap »

If you have a yeast infection it would probably aggravate your MS because infections do that. I would not blame LDN for that.I would keep taking it since it helps boost the immune system to normal.