Experiences with Low Dose Naltrexone

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Re: Experiences with Low Dose Naltrexone

Postby Danabnyc » Wed May 29, 2013 8:38 pm

I am new to this site so I am not sure if my reply got posted.
I had said I am also on the smaller side -- 5ft nothing and under 100 pounds.
I had planned to up my dose on the 10th day but now after reading about people responses to higher dosage I am not sure.
This is all so overwhelming.
Danabnyc

Postby Kronk » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:09 pm

I have been on LDN about 7 months, I started at 3mg and jumped to 4.5mg after a month. I did not notice anything, much like taking a vitamin. I had 9 lesions when diagnosed in 2012 and 5 relapses in the 6 months that followed. I started Copaxone after the 4th and LDN after the 5th. I think i have had 1 relapse since I have been on LDN but it was incredibly minor, 2 of my toes on my left foot fell asleep for a week. My primary existing symptom of poor vision in my right eye was not improved by LDN. I did notice it changed a bit... not necessarily for the better, i got better acuity but the contrast dropped a bit. Due to its lack of side effects and the HUGE amount of beneficial anecdotal evidence I wouldn't go without it!
Kronk
Family Elder

Postby raceya » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:21 pm

I've been on LDN for over a year now. I started at 1.5 and then increased to 3.0 after a week, then I increased to 4.5 after 10 days. I felt more spasticity on 4.5 and went back to 3.0 and I've been there ever since. No relapses, no attacks, occasional spins, but never escalates into anything. Picked up my prescription in January, only to find that my insurance had started covering half! Like wow!! That was an awesome day! So, I am continuing to take LDN with acidopholus (sp?). And living well.
raceya

Postby Lynn62 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:37 am

raceya,
I am also taking LDN 3 mg. My doc started me at 3 and won't increase me "because of my weight". I am 5'4"and 111 lbs.

What problems did you notice when increasing from 3 to 4.5? I don't know if LDN is helping/hurting my leg stiffness. There has been no improvement there. I do sleep better, have vivid dreams and a better feeling of well being, more energy and less trips to the bathroom!

Glad your insurance is helping you pay,
Lynn

Dx RRMS 1990
took Avonex for 15 years
Dx SPMS 2013
started LDN 3 mg. 11/2013
Lynn62
Getting to Know You...

Postby wildguygoche » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:45 am

I've been on LDN and nothing else for two years. I forgot it for a week at the same time that I ate a ton of grains and dairy and that's been the only relapse I've had.

My diet is a version of paleo. I stay the hell away from all milk proteins and grain proteins. My suspicion is that these proteins trigger a cross-reacting immune response that alerts the CD4 white blood cells to mark all biologically similar proteins. In my body that happens to be myelin.

Back to the LDN. I take 3 mg each night and definitely notice it when I haven't taken it for a few days. I also bike 12 miles per day and eat for my health according to The Wahl's Protocol, Paleo, and what grows in my garden.
wildguygoche

Previous

Return to Low Dose Naltrexone