Sorry to be so slow with a reply - I just saw this post.
There is a seperate forum for Novantrone here on ThisIsMS
It does not appear to be very active, but if you post there hopefully you will get more feedback.
My daughters neuro also recommended novantrone.
We did a lot of research and opted not to go that route at this time.
I would certainly educate myself and not be afraid to ask questions. Be your own best advocate and be sure the proper tests are being run to monitor your condition if you do decide to take it.
As with any MS treatment it is a very personal decision and not only do you have to weigh the possible risk/benefit, but so much depends on your individual situation.
Good Luck with your decision