Doctors that Prescribe LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
popsie
Getting to Know You...

Re: Doctors that Prescribe LDN

Post by popsie »

Doctor Name: Dr E Varipatis
Doctor Location:Manly, New South Wales, Sydney, Australia

Doctor name: Dr Marilyn Golden
Doctor Location : Chatswood, New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
KeepFaith

Post by KeepFaith »

Hi all! I have not been on this forum since 2004. Wow, I didn't even realize that I had messages. I have been on LDN for 8 going on 9 years now and I have only had two exacerbations. Both of these have been since losing our only child in 2008 to a horrific accident right after he graduated from High School. So, with the poor stress eating diet I have been on since his death and the stress, I am surprised I have not done worse. This medicine is amazing and my family doc did tell me it is the pharmaceuticals not being able to make money on the big priced drugs that keeps this from going mainstream. I don't have insurance and I pay $17.50 a month for this medicine. It is amazing. Most people don't know I have MS... If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at bkisslin@columbus.rr.com. My name is Betty. Thanks everyone!!!!
nutri009

Post by nutri009 »

Doctor Name: Brian Lamkin D.O.
Doctor Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Doctor Contact Info: 405-285-4762
www.lamkinclinic.com
Theresaa

Post by Theresaa »

Doctor Name: Dr Pat Crowley
Doctor Location: Kilkenny, Ireland
Doctor Contact Info: .00353 65 7721320

:-D :roll:
Thanks for helping make the lives of fellow MS'ers better.
anika22

Post by anika22 »

can anyone recommend a doctor that will treat me with LDN for Transverse Myelitis in florida or michigan? Desperately seeking help before I become crippled. I hope I posted this correctly. anika
mikeydoc

Post by mikeydoc »

Hi, my name is Michael Rothman, I am a medical doctor in Spring Lake NJ, I prescribe LDN as well as offering other innovative treatments for my patients with MS. I would be happy to assist you.
KeepFaith

Post by KeepFaith »

I posted the following post almost 10 years ago. My MS is still pretty stable but I have had a few ups and downs in the last year and half. However, I can contribute those to Stress (our son passed away in 2008 just 10 days after graduating high school. Plus I have been raising my niece for 10 years and her mom suddenly wants to go to court and has become quite difficult.) and bad eating habits.When I am stressed, I make bad choices when it comes to food and then I know to expect problems. But anyway, I am on the LDN still. Have never taken any of the other meds and you would never know by looking at me that I have MS. I am so thankful that I found this drug. So, I am re-posting my previous post from 10 years ago but updating the docs info that prescribes in Ohio. PS. He will only prescribe to people in Ohio for now because of his license. Hope this helps someone. If anyone has any questions, email me directly at bkisslin@columbus.rr.com. This site does not send me notices if someone responds to my post. Thanks so much and may we all win this beatable battle!

** vvvvv PREVIOUS POST FROM 2004 vvvvv**

Doctors that prescribe

Postby KeepFaith » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:46 am
Hi, I have been on LDN for almost a year now. I just seen my Neurologist today and she said I have no active lesions. She would not prescribe my medication so I had my family physician put me on it. He is a great doctor and takes his time with people. I have had no side effects except for a time when I was off of it for a few weeks because my mail order insurance company screwed up on getting me my meds. I don't even feel like I have MS. Before I started on this drug I had pain and numbness all the time. Now I have none. I am 34 and refuse to take the injectables that have such bad side effects. Anyone with MS should try this drug!!!

My prescribing doctor:

Dr. James Johnson
4160 S Broadway
Grove City, OH 43123
614-875-0079
wildguygoche

Post by wildguygoche »

Doctor Name: Dr Marleen Haverty, ND
Doctor Location: Portland, Oregon
Doctor Contact Info: (503) 278-3385
http://sevencirclesnaturalmedicine.com/

Please don't contact unless you are willing to make an office visit, Thanks!
ChuckSaden

Post by ChuckSaden »

Hi, y'all from Houston. Hope everyone is doing okay and doesn't forget their LDN before they comfortable under the covers...like me. I recognize some folks from this board, even ones I met in NY at the first LDN Conference. I have been on LDN since 2004 and am looking for a doctor that will do a phone interview to obtain a prescription. I really don't want to take the day off from work to go to my long time DO, Arlette Pharo in Houston. Someday I'll post how I found her in 2004, it's a trip.

But if anyone has a current list of Doctors who do phone consultations, I would appreciate it.

chuck
ChuckSaden

Post by ChuckSaden »

Never Mind.

My Neurologist wrote me a scrip for it
vsedille25

Post by vsedille25 »

looking for an LDN prescribing Dr or dr's in New Hampshire.
MScubanchick

Post by MScubanchick »

I'm new to this forum...
My nightmare started July 4 of this year.. was on my infamous daily route to get coffee and on the phone with my daughter explaining a funny symptom of superficial numbness on my right side cheek and what also seem to be anesthesia type numbness upper roof of mouth etc..
"Mom go to the hospital.. you're having a mini stroke!!"
I was at the drive thru to get coffee..and not about to leave without it!..
Went to the ER...
Spent the night..
Was told I had a mini stroke..
But needed further testing.. was discharged and told to take an aspirin daily and was given a prescription for cholesterol medication..(although my cholesterol is normal) a week later
Went to a neurologist.. very good..
But really dismissed my symptoms as nothing to be concerned about.. pretty much.."come see me if it hasn't cleared" but I wasn't going anywhere without more..so he ordered blood test and a MRI without contrast... said he would call me with results...
Gotta tell you that I was experiencing vibrations on my tailbone..and tingling bottom of both feet..
That week one night..I felt as if I had ants crawling on my arms..etc..
Felt I was losing my mind..
Dr called me told me I had MS...
Told me to come in to further discuss...
I felt numb hearing this..
Next day I read all about Dr.teri wahl. And how she had MS and reversed her symptoms with foods.. nutritional.. lifestyle..
I think I spent 5 days reading..
I went on a Paleo/autoimmune diet..
Got rid of everything in my kitchen.
The next visit to the Dr he mentioned no Lyme but wanted more testing another MRI with contrast.
When I mentioned LDN..
He said "oh that's quackery..etc"
I expressed thanks and said bye"
In one of these ms/LDN forum..
Someone mentioned they had a great Dr for MS in the North East..
Robert Wood Johnson university (NJ) hospital..and voila! I called and made an appointment..Dr. Balashov
This Dr spent 2 hours with me..
Let me go back to tell you I saw him on September..on August 29 I had a laser surgery..(done after cataracts to rid of scar tissue..and completely clear the lenses)
I was seeing great right after the surgery..but a couple of hours later..I developed double vision..
Like a kaleidoscope..more than double..more like 6 etc..
I had to close one eye to see ok.
So I wore a black eye patch.. awful.. when I saw the Dr.. I was in bad shape...
The good thing..this double vision lasted 6 weeks...gone now
The Dr prescribed LDN and I opted to have it delivered from a very reputable compounding pharmacy in Boca Raton FL.. Skip pharmacy.
Got it delivered to my door!
Will take it tomorrow!
My Dr said my MS is early stages..not progressive.. mild.. although he said I have had it since 2008..
Feeling ok now..I guess I had a nasty flare-up..
I have lost weight..read about nightshade..and all inflammatory vegetables.. fruits.. etc.
Got rid of all dairy.. nightshade family.. potatoes.. eggplants etc..
Only eat grass fed beef..(Australian.. nature's reserve..you can get it in shop rite)
Wild caught fish..
Wild blueberries.. organic..
But if it's from Canada..it doesn't have to be organic.. otherwise I try to eat organic..
Gotta say.. eating different.. eating Paleo..yeah I have to plan all meals..but I'm feeling better
The optic issues cleared after 6 weeks...I'm sharing this... because someone else shared with me..
When I was desperate searching for a Dr that would be open to prescribing LDN... God bless every one who's suffering with MS..
Stay positive..stay strong..and laugh a lot.
Stay away from negative people!
Maggie
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

MScubanchick wrote:Was told I had a mini stroke..
But needed further testing.. was discharged and told to take an aspirin daily and was given a prescription for cholesterol medication..(although my cholesterol is normal) a week later
Went to a neurologist.. very good..
But really dismissed my symptoms as nothing to be concerned about.. pretty much.."come see me if it hasn't cleared" but I wasn't going anywhere without more..so he ordered blood test and a MRI without contrast... said he would call me with results...
Welcome to ThisIsMS, Maggie (MScubanchick).

Since you suffered a mini stroke on July 4, you may have some interest in the following article which deals with major strokes:

Low Vitamin D Levels in Stroke Survivors a Bad Sign, Study Finds, 12 February 2015
HealthDay
https://consumer.healthday.com/cardiova ... 96093.html

Low vitamin D levels are linked to an increased risk of suffering a severe stroke and poor health in stroke survivors, new research finds.
The study included almost 100 stroke patients who were treated at a U.S. hospital between 2013 and 2014. All had experienced an ischemic stroke, which is a stroke caused by blocked blood flow to the brain.
People with low blood levels of vitamin D -- less than 30 nanograms per milliliter (ng/mL) -- had about two times larger areas of stroke-related dead brain tissue than those with normal vitamin D levels, according to the study.

In my opinion (I have no medical background), if the hospital doctors or your neurologist did not order a vitamin D test, it might be a good idea to call your GP and request a vitamin D blood test, called the "25-hydroxy D." Ask for your own copy of the test results – it is important to have the actual number.
KeepFaith

Post by KeepFaith »

Hi everyone! Not sure if this board is still active.... I posted my family doc who prescribes LDN several years ago. I am pretty sure he is no longer doing family medicine. He went over 100% to addiction medicine. The family doc I currently use is in Lancaster Ohio and prescribes it for me. However, I work for him and am not sure if he would for anyone else. You can try him. His name is Martin Menosky, 740-687-2430. Also, not sure if any of you have ever tried CBD oil for MS? It is amazing. I am currently taking that as well. We are so impressed with the results and the product (which is totally legal), that my husband became a distributor. If you would like any info on LDN and how it is working for me (have been on it since 2004) or about the oil, please feel free to contact me at bkisslin@columbus.rr.com. Please make the message urgent so I do not miss it. Unfortunately because I have the email addy out on this site, I get slammed with junk. Thanks everyone!!! God bless!!! Betty

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”