Natural Approach and ...

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
dinkeygirl

Natural Approach and ...

Post by dinkeygirl »

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the forum. My name is Amber and I was dx in 2007, although I had been feeling off for at least 2 years before that. I have not taken any DMD's at all. I am unfortunate enough to be very very sensitive to drugs and I'm allergic to a whole host of medicines. From what I have went through I'd say so far it's all been mild(except the fatigue..right? Yes) Anyway I take a lot of fish oil, flax, ALA,Vit C, Milk Thistle etc etc....

I had a baby Sept of 2010 and had none of my sx during pregnancy it's been 13 months since having my son and guess what. WHAM got hit a week ago with sx - this time around they seem to be a little more intense. I'd like to mention that I haven't had any support at all from anyone except a few family members - I decided to try and finally find others that understand. This flare up has made me very frightened. 200 ms sufferers, 200 different symptoms I know. The funny feeling in my left leg ( feels like it's ..well I can't describe it it's almost a tickly feeling not tingling necessarily) This time it started with my head feeling like it had pressure in it while I was trying to go to sleep - then the leg, now my right eyebrow twitching.

I feel like I'm being a baby. It isn't as bad as some people have but it has really scared me this time. Not knowing if it will completely go away.... I look at my little boy and I cry. I don't want to be less of a mom just because I can't pick him up due to fatigue..

I think I'm at the "I hate this, why me, I don't know what to expect and I'm terrified phase" LOL hardly fitting into the 4 types box. The only thing I had during this year after having him was some minor twitching in my thumbs and a couple of toes on my foot. Then like I said WOW. That isn't bad for one year I suppose. I am open to suggestions on what may help when your case is mild. I was thinking about trying Zyflamed.

I also just need some support from those that KNOW what this is like. I look out my window and just get very sad. I am not one for self pity - some days it just gets so hard to think I'm on top of this ya know?

Thanks for listening. I am now going to check out the other natural threads.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Re: Natural Approach and ...

Post by mrbarlow »

These symptoms you describe are very similar to mine. If they are transient its probably just sensitive nerves from the past demylination playing up.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: Natural Approach and ...

Post by lyndacarol »

dinkeygirl (Amber) – Welcome to ThisIsMS. I think you will find a supportive group here – we understand, not only the physical manifestations, but the emotional ups and downs of MS. We are MANY different personalities and hold MANY different ideas on what MS is; I am sure you will find "kindred spirits" here.