It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:28 am

News News of Antibiotics

Site map of Antibiotics » Forum : Antibiotics

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS

Got mino but too scared to start

HI all,

I have my minocycline prescription. (50mg) but I am too scared to start. Anytime I try anything I get such a herx that I am praying to die. I am on 1.0 mg Low Dose Naltrexone which has held me steady for the last year. I started something called Ultra H 3 by Unikey and I am really in a herx. I had to stop for a while.

I hear soo many different ...
Read more : Got mino but too scared to start | Views : 2970 | Replies : 4

New website on Chlamydia Pneumonia (Cpn) treatment/research

Hi all-
Wanted to let you know that we have a new, noncommercial website up on Chlamydia Pneumonia (Cpn) treatment and research:

www.CPn Help.org

I wanted to have a central place for information that crossed diffferent disease diagnoses so we can compare, contrast, and get patient reports as well as all levels of information from casual to technical. David Wheldon, Charles Stratton, Sarah Wheldon and others have lent their support, ...
Read more : New website on Chlamydia Pneumonia (Cpn) treatment/research | Views : 2511 | Replies : 7

Bugs in AD even CPN

This article on the Boston Cure points to bacteria in the brains of alzheimers patients...including CPn. http://www.bostoncure.org:8080/article. ... 29/1140239

It is interesting to note the article discusses some ways bugs adapt and are insidious as well as the trend in science to ignore their presence.It is pertinent to our discussion here in that is also the trend in MS.

quote: Balin: There is a presumption that the presence of ...
Read more : Bugs in AD even CPN | Views : 1346 | Replies : 0

Herxheimer

There has been some people posting elsewhere on this board that perhaps what people experience is not a herxheimer reaction (herx) but in fact a reaction to flagyl. Is this fair?

Herxheimer phenomenon have been described in many illnesses when treated with antibiotics. First discovered in 1895 by Jarsich herxheimer and his brother Karl dermatologists treating syphilis (another germ-a spirochete-of the brain) it was noted that upon treatment people would get markedly worse before improving. ...
Read more : Herxheimer | Views : 3782 | Replies : 3

I need a protocol

Hi all.

I will be seeing my gp on Thursday morning. He has agreed to give me antibiotics but the problem is he doesnt' really know anything about ms and antibiotics.

I am soo confused on what to start with and what to take. Can someone give some advice?

The reason I looked into this was because 3 months ago I took Zithromax and within 4 hours my whole body relaxed. For the next 3 ...
Read more : I need a protocol | Views : 1728 | Replies : 2

Relapses and pseudo relapses whilst on antibiotics

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/relapse_pseudo.html

This is a new page on Dr. David Wheldon's site, discussing relapses and pseudo relapses in antibiotic treatment, following on from this section:

Can relapses occur after starting antibiotics?

In relapsing-remitting MS the major cause of relapse, a new respiratory infection with Chlamydia pneumoniae, will be prevented by the antibiotics. However, for the first six months or so it is possible for a relapse to occur secondary to a virus infection. This may be ...
Read more : Relapses and pseudo relapses whilst on antibiotics | Views : 1665 | Replies : 0

How many get "Herx"?

Hi,

I just started antibiotics today.

This treatment sounds VERY promising, especially considering its the only one that may actually possibly cure ms (with a scientific base...)

One of the things which i was sort of ALMOST hoping for, was a MILD "Herxheimer-type" reaction. The reason: it would prove that something was not right, and the abx were doing something.

I asked my dr if a "normal" person would get this reaction from abx, and ...
Read more : How many get "Herx"? | Views : 2638 | Replies : 10

New from Lisbon

Hi!

I’m new in this forum and I have been reading your post with interest. I would like to introduce myself. I’m 45 years old women, live in Lisbon and I have MS since 1989. Since 2000, I think MS became progressive.
My brain it’s not been affected (until now) and my big problem is my legs, I need canes to walk and I get tired very soon. I’m always trying to find something new ...
Read more : New from Lisbon | Views : 5138 | Replies : 26

Antibiotic trial NCT00043264

NCT00043264 is a phase II clinical trial looking at antibiotic treatment of MS. Double-blind, placebo controlled, all that good stuff. It should have been finished something like 9 months ago. Does anyone know if the results were released? I haven't heard anything. It would be nice to get some scientific data about treating MS with antibiotics. The results could either jumpstart more people receiving such treatment or serve as a warning flag for those considering ...
Read more : Antibiotic trial NCT00043264 | Views : 2303 | Replies : 4

Second anniversary since starting treatment

Copied from the Regimens section, because I don't want the bit about pseudo relapses versus real relapses to go unmissed.

Either Monday or yesterday was exactly two years since starting the antibiotic treatment. These last two years have been very strange ones, to say the least. Not being someone generally inclined to post on forums or either look at them come to that, six months into the treatment, with an amazingly improved MRI scan (for ...
Read more : Second anniversary since starting treatment | Views : 4745 | Replies : 21

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220871 • Total topics 22893 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service