It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 pm

News News of Antibiotics

Site map of Antibiotics » Forum : Antibiotics

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS

Minocycline - stomach

My 20 year old daughter just started the Minocycline a month ago but is now complaining of severe heartburn, upset stomach, etc. Does anyone on the Minocycline have this problem & what have you used to help. Over the counter antacids don't work. Taking the Minocycline 100 mg x2 a day, she is also taking aspirin x2 a day (was on provigil but was told to try the aspirin for fatigue), she is still doing ...
Read more : Minocycline - stomach | Views : 2019 | Replies : 2

Not sure if it has been posted as of yet

Do Bacteria or Viruses Cause MS?

by John C. Martin
Article Date: 07-08-05

The origins of multiple sclerosis apparently lie in an abnormal assault by the body's immune system against certain parts of the central nervous system, which include the brain and spinal cord.1

Similar Proteins Targeted?
Though it hasn't been clear as to the cause of this immune system miscue, a new study from Switzerland suggests that a certain bacterium or virus may be ...
Read more : Not sure if it has been posted as of yet | Views : 1240 | Replies : 0

Are any neurologists taking notice?

Dear all,

One of the most visited areas of this site is on anti-biotics. Sarah (Anecdote) by following her husband's regime has reported impressive improvements. Others are reporting some beneficial changes and some are perhaps too early in their abx regime to report anything.

The question that must be asked is are neurologists taking note and, if not, why not? Sarah has reported improvements in both MRI and clinical measures (EDSS scale). Given that this ...
Read more : Are any neurologists taking notice? | Views : 13179 | Replies : 50

WHere is the best info

HI! It's me Marie. I have another question. I have been reading this forum until I'm bleary -eyed the last few days and have a tablet full of notes to compile into something coherent that I can present to the doc who treats MS with minocycline. What fabulous information from everyone who generously donates their time. Thanks!

I find I am confused as to the life cycle of the CPn and the cryptic form etc. ...
Read more : WHere is the best info | Views : 2284 | Replies : 10

Hello new to board

8O
Gosh, Hi! My name is Marie. I am a nurse and I've had MS for about 15 years. I am about an edss 4. I read pubmed all the time and am into the non autoimmune model for MS (big believer) and am also into antioxidants and other supplements. I also use LDN. It makes me have a sense of well being and improves my sleep ...
Read more : Hello new to board | Views : 2017 | Replies : 7

Additions to David Wheldon's MS pages.

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html

Over the last little while, my husband, David Wheldon has made many adjustments and fine tunings to his MS pages, so it might be worth re-reading them to keep up to date. For instance, the adjuncts section has been much changed, using the both of us, for testing purposes, as the guinea pigs. I copy it here, but there is much more new.

Adjuncts

The brain has extraordinary powers of repair, but must be ...
Read more : Additions to David Wheldon's MS pages. | Views : 2222 | Replies : 5

Chlamydia pneumoniae: crossing the barriers?

This paper goes to illustrate just how much chronic infection has CPn as the root.

http://erj.ersjournals.com/cgi/content/full/23/4/499

Chlamydia pneumoniae: crossing the barriers?
F. Blasi1, S. Centanni2 and L. Allegra1
1 Institute of Respiratory Diseases, University of Milan, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, and 2 Institute of Respiratory Diseases, University of Milan, Respiratory Unit, San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy

Correspondence: F. Blasi, Institute of Respiratory Diseases, University of Milan, Pad. Litta, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, ...
Read more : Chlamydia pneumoniae: crossing the barriers? | Views : 2366 | Replies : 6

Anti-biotics - what's the bigger picture

Sarah,

You have been an inspiration to many who use this site. There appears to be a large number of people who are following the anti-biotic regime (either your husband's regime or another similar regime). Many have now been on the regime for a reasonable amount of time (6 months plus and many for more). The results that have been reported are generally encouraging (although those who had not seen good results may not bother ...
Read more : Anti-biotics - what's the bigger picture | Views : 1809 | Replies : 5

Counterfeit medication

I found this in the London Times, Saturday July 9th, 2005. So do be careful, especially people in Great Britain and other parts of Europe, where you buy your antibiotics from. Luckily the Canadian company first reported by GPlover would seem to be OK.

July 09, 2005

Body&Soul

A lack of chemistry
How do you know the tablets you take are real? Vivienne Parry reports on the counterfeit boom

We’ve all heard of dodgy handbags ...
Read more : Counterfeit medication | Views : 2375 | Replies : 6

Another One on Dr. Wheldon Regimen

Hello, everybody!

I am a 47 y/o physician, who was diagnosed in November 2002, after having MS for 15 years. At that time I was hospitalized immediately following a horrible MRI. It showed a brain edema and an incredible load of the lesions. I was given IV Decadron, while the neurologists argued with the radiologist if it was a brain tumor or a severe encephalitis.

At the time of diagnosis I was a hopeless, miserable ...
Read more : Another One on Dr. Wheldon Regimen | Views : 9194 | Replies : 20

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218650 • Total topics 22530 • Total members 14176