It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:10 am

News News of Antibiotics

Site map of Antibiotics » Forum : Antibiotics

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS

Chlamydia pneumoniae: crossing the barriers?

This paper goes to illustrate just how much chronic infection has CPn as the root.

http://erj.ersjournals.com/cgi/content/full/23/4/499

Chlamydia pneumoniae: crossing the barriers?
F. Blasi1, S. Centanni2 and L. Allegra1
1 Institute of Respiratory Diseases, University of Milan, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, and 2 Institute of Respiratory Diseases, University of Milan, Respiratory Unit, San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy

Correspondence: F. Blasi, Institute of Respiratory Diseases, University of Milan, Pad. Litta, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, ...
Read more : Chlamydia pneumoniae: crossing the barriers? | Views : 2414 | Replies : 6

Anti-biotics - what's the bigger picture

Sarah,

You have been an inspiration to many who use this site. There appears to be a large number of people who are following the anti-biotic regime (either your husband's regime or another similar regime). Many have now been on the regime for a reasonable amount of time (6 months plus and many for more). The results that have been reported are generally encouraging (although those who had not seen good results may not bother ...
Read more : Anti-biotics - what's the bigger picture | Views : 1845 | Replies : 5

Counterfeit medication

I found this in the London Times, Saturday July 9th, 2005. So do be careful, especially people in Great Britain and other parts of Europe, where you buy your antibiotics from. Luckily the Canadian company first reported by GPlover would seem to be OK.

July 09, 2005

Body&Soul

A lack of chemistry
How do you know the tablets you take are real? Vivienne Parry reports on the counterfeit boom

We’ve all heard of dodgy handbags ...
Read more : Counterfeit medication | Views : 2416 | Replies : 6

Another One on Dr. Wheldon Regimen

Hello, everybody!

I am a 47 y/o physician, who was diagnosed in November 2002, after having MS for 15 years. At that time I was hospitalized immediately following a horrible MRI. It showed a brain edema and an incredible load of the lesions. I was given IV Decadron, while the neurologists argued with the radiologist if it was a brain tumor or a severe encephalitis.

At the time of diagnosis I was a hopeless, miserable ...
Read more : Another One on Dr. Wheldon Regimen | Views : 9603 | Replies : 20

Link with asthma and chronic infections

An old but interesting piece about the link between mycoplasma and chlamydia species and chronic asthma, and by inference other chronic chest infections.

Another reason for the need of the return of the General Physician, I would have thought.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Retrieve&list_uids=11295645&dopt=AbstractJ

A link between chronic asthma and chronic infection.

Martin RJ, Kraft M, Chu HW, Berns EA, Cassell GH.

Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center and The Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, ...
Read more : Link with asthma and chronic infections | Views : 2902 | Replies : 13

Chronic Lyme borreliosis at the root of multiple sclerosis

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... &DB=pubmed

Med Hypotheses. 2005;64(3):438-48. Related Articles, Links

Chronic Lyme borreliosis at the root of multiple sclerosis--is a cure with antibiotics attainable?

Fritzsche M.

Clinic for Internal and Geographical Medicine, Soodstrasse 13, 8134 Adliswil, Switzerland. markus.fritzsche@gmx.ch

Apart from its devastating impact on individuals and their families, multiple sclerosis (MS) creates a huge economic burden for society by mainly afflicting young adults in their ...
Read more : Chronic Lyme borreliosis at the root of multiple sclerosis | Views : 1827 | Replies : 1

Antibiotic Regimen

I've been on the regimen since January 05. So far, nothing really to report, although my leg spasticity has been getting progressively worse. Has anyone else noticed the same? It would seem that 1) this could be as a result of the regimen and is a passing phase 2) it is totally unrelated or 3) the antibiotics may be having a long-term adverse effect (I read on the BBD site that antibiotics can contribute to ...
Read more : Antibiotic Regimen | Views : 2033 | Replies : 3

Ignoring the Evidence

Well, it may not be a hefty scientific paper, but this arrived through our letter-box this morning.

"Hospital Doctor" is the British hospital doctors' coffee break reading matter, published weekly
and very widely read. David wrote this in an hour or so and I supplied the artwork!

Then we both forgot about it.

Now I have put it in the occasional essays section of my website
because the "Hospital Doctor" only has a certain amount ...
Read more : Ignoring the Evidence | Views : 1909 | Replies : 2

Vanderbilt Article in Press

Pilot study to examine the effect of antibiotic therapy on
MRI outcomes in RRMS

S. Sriram
b, * , S.Y. Yao
b
, C. Stratton
a
, H. Moses
b
, P.A. Narayana
c
, J.S. Wolinsky
c
a
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
b
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
c
Neurology University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA ...
Read more : Vanderbilt Article in Press | Views : 6048 | Replies : 23

Calling all Minocycline Users

Minocycline has great promise as a therapeutic for MS (just search for it on our forums and you will unearth a mass of information explaining why). As it is a very straightforward therapy IF it works, there is a great deal of interest to see how those experimental souls willing to try it are faring.

Could all the people using minocycline please post their experiences in this thread? In the loose form of:

How long ...
Read more : Calling all Minocycline Users | Views : 28116 | Replies : 40

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221763 • Total topics 23028 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service