It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:48 am

News News of Antibiotics

Site map of Antibiotics » Forum : Antibiotics

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS

Do antibiotics preclude other treatments?

Thanks to information I've obtained from this site, and the exceptional contributions of Anecdote (Sarah) and others...I have just now started on an antibiotic regime, in fact, on my third day. My question is, I've started the antibiotics through assistance of my GP. I have an upcoming MRI and appointment scheduled with a neurologist at the MS clinic. If the neurologist recommends that based on the MRI I start on one of the CRABS, do ...
Read more : Do antibiotics preclude other treatments? | Views : 1986 | Replies : 5

"Anecdote's Personal treatment Regime" additions

If you look at the first of my postings in "Anecdote's Personal treatment Regime" in the Regimens section, you will see that I have made some additions to the supplements list. These are in no way compulsory, but I have found them very beneficial, especially when you get onto the metronodizole. It means you don't have to take so much of the other supplements as well!

Also, coming soon, new paper from Vanderbilt.

Sarah ...
Read more : "Anecdote's Personal treatment Regime" additions | Views : 3492 | Replies : 13

Recent Research from Vanderbilt

Ok, I'm new to this site, so I don't presume I can actually say much that would be of interest but here goes.

I recently checked Vanderbilt site and noted that S. Sriram will shortly be publishing the results of his pilot trial of antibiotics in RR MS.

So I called him. Of course he didn't answer, but the woman who did was friendly. I said I was SO looking forward to the publication because ...
Read more : Recent Research from Vanderbilt | Views : 2089 | Replies : 5

New Lancet Study: Infectious causes of MS

And another...

Lancet Neurol. 2005 Mar;4(3):195-202. Related Articles, Links

Infectious causes of multiple sclerosis.

Gilden DH.

Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA. don.gilden@uchsc.edu <don.gilden@uchsc.edu>

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a serious chronic neurological disorder in which demyelination and inflammation occur in the white matter of the CNS. The findings of many epidemiological studies and a discordance of MS in monozygotic twins suggest that the ...
Read more : New Lancet Study: Infectious causes of MS | Views : 1875 | Replies : 2

Study:"Autoimmunity [not] adequate...to explain MS"

Interesting new study proposing a dual MS autoimmune/infection pathogenesis...

Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr. 2005 Marz;73(3):143-149. Related Articles, Links

Kornhuber ME, Presek P, Zierz S.

Klinik fur Neurologie der Martin-Luther-Universitat Halle-Wittenberg (Direktor Prof. Dr. S. Zierz). malte.kornhuber@medizin.uni-halle.de.

It is well established that relapses can be suppressed by different substances in patients with relapsing-remitting ...
Read more : Study:"Autoimmunity [not] adequate...to explain MS" | Views : 1376 | Replies : 0

Question from the Netherlands

Hello,

This is the first time i am writing on this forum.
I'm a dutch woman,46 years old and MS since 1997(RRMS)
Last year i read for the first time about treatment with antibiotics.
It immediatly had my interest,because i keep getting the evidence for myself that my MS is caused by an organism like C Pn.

I told my neurlogist about the theory,he was interested,read about it,asked several bacteriologists about it,but finally he wold ...
Read more : Question from the Netherlands | Views : 13003 | Replies : 53

Antibiotic?

Isn't Antegren/Tysabri an antibiotic infusion of sorts? At least that's my understanding of it's function albeit on a very fundamental level of my describing it here.

Somebody with a bunch of letters after your name please be kind enough to better enlighten me on how this topic (and/or method of treatment) ever came up either in real life practice or just as a theory?

:?

Gil
Read more : Antibiotic? | Views : 1665 | Replies : 2

antibiotics ?

hi iam just starting my reserch on this treatment for ms rrms dec 15 2000 first attack o/n left eye 1997 i am on ldn right now and would like toknow if anyone else is on ldn and the antibiotics will it be ok to stay on the ldn at the same time ?
i hope this ? is in the right spot and thank for any and all replies anything else to add feel ...
Read more : antibiotics ? | Views : 2003 | Replies : 1

links on Chlamydia pneumoniae

I apologize for the double-post, but here's a list of links on Chlamydia pneumoniae, the targeted pathogen in antibiotic treatment, for many at least.

If you read through these you'll be pretty well-informed on CPn.

Here's a list I compiled of many relevant links on Chlamydia pneumoniae:

** Information on Chlamydia pneumoniae in general **
http://herkules.oulu.fi/isbn9514269853/html/x467.html

** Information on Chlamydia pneumoniae and its relationship to human diseases in general ...
Read more : links on Chlamydia pneumoniae | Views : 2845 | Replies : 4

Research at University of Wisconsin

My wife brought me this cutting from UK Good Housekeeping magazine:
New MS treatment goes on trial

A common antibiotic is the latest hope for treating multiple sclerosis (MS), which affects 85,000 people in the UK. Researchers believe minocycline could be used to supress the inflammation that destroys the protective covering of nerve fibres (myelin) in MS sufferers, causing numbness and paralysis. Animal tests suggest that minocycline could suppress MS if given in the early stages. ...
Read more : Research at University of Wisconsin | Views : 1418 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220864 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service