It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:53 am

News News of Antibiotics

Site map of Antibiotics » Forum : Antibiotics

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS

links on Chlamydia pneumoniae

I apologize for the double-post, but here's a list of links on Chlamydia pneumoniae, the targeted pathogen in antibiotic treatment, for many at least.

If you read through these you'll be pretty well-informed on CPn.

Here's a list I compiled of many relevant links on Chlamydia pneumoniae:

** Information on Chlamydia pneumoniae in general **
http://herkules.oulu.fi/isbn9514269853/html/x467.html

** Information on Chlamydia pneumoniae and its relationship to human diseases in general ...
Read more : links on Chlamydia pneumoniae | Views : 2852 | Replies : 4

Research at University of Wisconsin

My wife brought me this cutting from UK Good Housekeeping magazine:
New MS treatment goes on trial

A common antibiotic is the latest hope for treating multiple sclerosis (MS), which affects 85,000 people in the UK. Researchers believe minocycline could be used to supress the inflammation that destroys the protective covering of nerve fibres (myelin) in MS sufferers, causing numbness and paralysis. Animal tests suggest that minocycline could suppress MS if given in the early stages. ...
Read more : Research at University of Wisconsin | Views : 1423 | Replies : 0

New data on Chlamidia presence in MS

Citation from
http://www.bostoncure.org:8080/article. ... ode=nested

"Three research papers recently came out, one finding a link between infection with C. Pneumoniae and another that found no link and a third study is sort of in-between, saying that Cpn seems to be present, but for a number of neurological disorders, not just MS. The debate rages on."

There are links to the abstracts, which are written in a very professional language. ...
Read more : New data on Chlamidia presence in MS | Views : 2344 | Replies : 5

Why antibiotics might work?

Hello everybody,

Let me shortly introduce myself. I’m 29 years old and I have MS. When diagnosed with MS 2 years ago, I was told that there was pretty much nothing that could be done. Now I’m not really the type who accepts such an attitude. As long as we are breathing there is a solution. You just have to find it. I have been following this forum for a while and got convinced of ...
Read more : Why antibiotics might work? | Views : 2369 | Replies : 7

Marshall Protocol

Any thoughts on this:
http://www.marshallprotocol.com

Resonates with some of the MS / multiple pathogen "conspiracy" theories ;-)
Read more : Marshall Protocol | Views : 26629 | Replies : 29

I think this post belongs here: re Lyme and MMP9

http://iai.asm.org/cgi/content/full/69/1/456

MMP9 upregulated in both sero-positive and sero-negative LD patients.

Hmmm... points back to our friend minocycline again.
Read more : I think this post belongs here: re Lyme and MMP9 | Views : 1764 | Replies : 1

The promise of minocycline in neurology

In the latest Lancet Neuro:
<shortened url>

I actually bought the article out of curiosity, and I don't know if I should copy/paste the whole thing here. If it's kosher/legal, I will post it.

feesher
Read more : The promise of minocycline in neurology | Views : 7422 | Replies : 33

The state of an infectious cause of MS

What is the state of an infectious cause of (at least some types of) MS? And by that I mean from the research world.

Why do I ask? The Antegren approval!

My wife is RRMS. Been on avonex, and it's not working. Also, the side effects have never diminished and are intollerable (and belive me she is one tough b*tch so it's not like she can handle it). The last neuro trip was coincidentally last ...
Read more : The state of an infectious cause of MS | Views : 1789 | Replies : 2

David Perlmutter's "Letter to Doctors and Patients"

From David Perlmutter's "letter for Doctors and Patients" from Nov. 2003, but still very relevant.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a fairly common and generally progressive disease of the central nervous system with a prevalence in the United States of approximately 350,000 cases annually. Although the onset of MS typically occurs between the ages of 10-59 years, onset as early as 2 years of age has been described. Annual expenditures for the treatment of this disease ...
Read more : David Perlmutter's "Letter to Doctors and Patients" | Views : 4437 | Replies : 9

Pregnancy

So let's say you are in the antibiotic camp - for infection, not neuro protection. How would one explain that many women with MS feel great during pregnancy? If there is a chronic infection, what happens during pregnancy?

Any guesses? This will come up with my neuro - I know it will, and I haven't thought of or read of a good response.

Thanks - feesher
Read more : Pregnancy | Views : 2095 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221015 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service