It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:58 am

News News of Antibiotics

Site map of Antibiotics » Forum : Antibiotics

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS

Pregnancy

So let's say you are in the antibiotic camp - for infection, not neuro protection. How would one explain that many women with MS feel great during pregnancy? If there is a chronic infection, what happens during pregnancy?

Any guesses? This will come up with my neuro - I know it will, and I haven't thought of or read of a good response.

Thanks - feesher
Read more : Pregnancy | Views : 2099 | Replies : 6

Someone treating MS as an infection.

For anyone in the US who is of a mind to try treating their MS an an infection, a Stanford trained rheumatologist called Dr. M. Powell, known by Stratton and Sriram from Vanderbilt and using their regime, but based in Sacramento, is willing to treat you, if you can make the trip to Sacramento and are willing to sign an informed consent form. He needs to see you at first, for obvious reasons, but thereafter ...
Read more : Someone treating MS as an infection. | Views : 7717 | Replies : 23

DR. LUTHER LINDNER'S RESEARCH

In researching pathogens and MS I stumbled upon some research done by a Dr. Luther Lindner from Texas A&M university. It was pretty old so I decided to email him to see if he was still working on it. The following is his reply followed by a link to his patent.

I am indeed working on some bacteria that may play a role in MS. I want
to strongly caution you, however, that at this ...
Read more : DR. LUTHER LINDNER'S RESEARCH | Views : 5074 | Replies : 7

Effects of Minocycline

a brief history:

When first diagnosed, my treatment option that I selected was an Interferon. I had to stop taking it due to severe side effects. On what I have read, most people's flu like side symptoms dissipated after three months on the drug. But for me it never got better.

I wanted to be on some sort of treatment beside my daily regiment of supplements, so I decided to try Minocycline.

In the beginning, ...
Read more : Effects of Minocycline | Views : 2996 | Replies : 2

An Empirical Course Of Treatment

I am going to be following the regime for the treatment of adults with chronic persistent Chlamydia pneumoniae infection.

Doxycycline 200mg once a day
Roxithromycin 150 mg twice a day
After three months five day pulses of Metronidazole 400mg three times a day

Vitamins and Supplements have a big part to play in that they will help to repair some of the damage caused by MS

Vitamin C 1 Gram daily (antioxidant)
Vitamin B complex ...
Read more : An Empirical Course Of Treatment | Views : 2539 | Replies : 2

Antibiotics as a treatment in the UK.

To anyone thinking about trying the antibiotic treatment who lives in the UK.

It would probably be worth contacting your GP in the first instance, giving him/her David Wheldon's papers to peruse, unless you felt you have a very forward thinking neurologist, of course! If that fails, Dr. David Wheldon is a consultant microbiologist and does not charge for a private consultation, since his primary concern is to get people better. He can sometimes manage ...
Read more : Antibiotics as a treatment in the UK. | Views : 2133 | Replies : 0

Calling anyone using antibiotics as a treatment for MS

Will anyone currently trying antibiotics, whether minocycline being used as an immunomodulator, or the full-blown treatment, please post updates in the regimens section? whether good, bad or no change. It would appear at the moment that it is only Byron's girlfriend and myself trying the complete treatment, Wilson on minocycline and Karrie who decided it wasn't for her. I know there are more, but it would seem we are the only ones.

Please!!

Sarah
Read more : Calling anyone using antibiotics as a treatment for MS | Views : 5059 | Replies : 19

Merely anecdotal

I would just like to say that I only started my posts because of the results of my MRI scan 6 months after starting antibiotic treatment. No misdiagnosis possible here, having seen the original scans. Nobody on that thread seemed inclined to raise a debate: was I supposed to start one myself? I am too busy working to spend all day arguing with myself. I was talking solely from my own experience, which I thought ...
Read more : Merely anecdotal | Views : 1864 | Replies : 2

Antibiotic Update

TOO ALL:

In view of all of the recent "discoveries" pointing to a possible pathogenic cause for all of us, I have a request.

Anyone who has been pursuing this venue of treatment, please post an update as to the effectiveness........or lack there of. (Ie: symptoms diminishing, intensifying, side effects, MRI results, etc.) Please try to be fairly detailed if you would.

I for one have an appointment soon with both my Neuro. and at ...
Read more : Antibiotic Update | Views : 2176 | Replies : 4

Chlamydia pneumoniae: the possible cause of MS?

My husband started with this posting on the Minocycline thread:

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:36 pm Post subject:

A small double-blind trial of antibiotics from the Vanderbilt team has just been presented at a conference:

Sriram, S., Song, Y., Moses, H., Stratton, C.W., Wolinsky J.: A pilot study to examine the effect of antibiotic therapy on MRI outcomes in relapsing remitting MS. Poster Presentation. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of ...
Read more : Chlamydia pneumoniae: the possible cause of MS? | Views : 28134 | Replies : 129

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221786 • Total topics 23030 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service