It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:32 pm

News News of Avonex

Site map of Avonex » Forum : Avonex

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex

Injection Technique

In using the dry powdered form of Avonex, I've developed the following injection technique which is a modification of the instructions in the doctor's prescribing information which is packaged with the medication. I've discovered that if you remove all of the air from the syringe prior to the IM injection, then there will be about 65 µL which will remain in the syringe. With Avonex, this represents a loss of about 2 µg of the ...
Read more : Injection Technique | Views : 4461 | Replies : 4

Discontinuing My Avonex Injections

Hi everyone - I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to post. I just quit injecting Avonex two weeks ago after doing the injections for just about two years. I couldn't take the side effects any longer which after two years never really subsided. On my "good" nights I would experience all the typical flu-like symptoms but after every several "good" nights I would experience extreme side effects (uncontrollable shaking - convulsion like, headache, ...
Read more : Discontinuing My Avonex Injections | Views : 30457 | Replies : 32

For anyone flying

This is from another post I had setup. I hope this may be helpful for someone...

I just ordered from the "Small Medication Cooler kit good for Avonex Byetta Copaxone Embrel Forteo Humulin Xolair", costs about 45$ US. I found it through There was a slightly larger one for 55$. Im not gonna take a chance with anything else. The description is as follows from

Description: ...
Read more : For anyone flying | Views : 4872 | Replies : 4

Nose bleeds

I was just wondering if anyone has had spontaneous nose bleeds while on Avonex. Its been 3 months on avonex and in the past 2 weeks I have had spontaneous nose bleeds. Not regular nose bleeds, but ones that flow at a high rate and for a long time (3 to 5 minutes). 2 weeks ago while eating supper I had to go and take care of this inconvenience, and today while a client was ...
Read more : Nose bleeds | Views : 6425 | Replies : 4

anyone on this with mild MS syptoms?

Hi all - I just started this at the advice of my neuro last month. I hate it - BAD side effects for me so far, despite taking Naproxen (1000mg 1 hour prior). The thing is, I've had 3 attacks in the past 5 years and have recovered completely from all of them. I only had to miss work for 4 days with one of them. I don't feel like the type of MS I ...
Read more : anyone on this with mild MS syptoms? | Views : 5775 | Replies : 3

Injecting in shoulder

I was wondering if anyone here rotates their shoulders into their injection routine, and whether they use the 1 and 1/4 inch needle or the 1 inch (or anything else). Im thinking about getting my arms into the rotation since I feel as though my legs can use a longer break between shots.

Im receiving the shorter needles this week just in case I decide to do it in the arm. Im still not to ...
Read more : Injecting in shoulder | Views : 3127 | Replies : 3

ECTRIMS report

A post-hoc analysis from a Phase III clinical trial of AVONEX(R) (interferon beta-1a) and post-randomization eight-year follow up shows that six-month sustained progression of disability at two years, using the Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS), is a significant predictor of long-term disability, as measured by EDSS milestones of 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 at eight years, in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS).

The analysis suggests that patients taking AVONEX for two years were less ...
Read more : ECTRIMS report | Views : 2591 | Replies : 2

Psoriasis disappearing since starting Avonex!!

Ive been on Avonex for 2 months and the Psoriasis (which is also autoimmune) I had on both elbows is going away. The surface area that was affected is 95% gone on my right elbow and 80% healed on the left.

I was wondering if this occurrence has happened to anyone else, or anything similar to this. Ive been amazed by this for the past 6 weeks since I started noticing it getting better as ...
Read more : Psoriasis disappearing since starting Avonex!! | Views : 4641 | Replies : 7

I have just taken my 8th Avonex pre-filled injection today, but today was my third with the auto-injector... Wow, it is truly amazing.

I was wondering if what I heard is true, that the auto injector is only available in Canada and Europe. Is this true? I figured the drug makers would make it available wherever the drug is sold, in order to make taking the drug easier. Hence keeping people on it longer.

I ...
Read more : Auto-injector | Views : 9940 | Replies : 16

muscle pain and cramps with Avonex

Hi there

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the really debilitating muscle cramps and pain that come with Avonex. I really want to keep on this medication, but this is a problem for me for about two days each week. I take the ibuprofen and tylenol that the docs tell me to, but although it helps with the fever and chills, it does nothing for the cramps (or headaches). I am ...
Read more : muscle pain and cramps with Avonex | Views : 10310 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234577 • Total topics 25250 • Total members 16458

Contact us | Terms of Service