It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:21 am

News News of Avonex

Site map of Avonex » Forum : Avonex

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex

ECTRIMS report

A post-hoc analysis from a Phase III clinical trial of AVONEX(R) (interferon beta-1a) and post-randomization eight-year follow up shows that six-month sustained progression of disability at two years, using the Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS), is a significant predictor of long-term disability, as measured by EDSS milestones of 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 at eight years, in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS).

The analysis suggests that patients taking AVONEX for two years were less ...
Read more : ECTRIMS report | Views : 2248 | Replies : 2

Psoriasis disappearing since starting Avonex!!

Ive been on Avonex for 2 months and the Psoriasis (which is also autoimmune) I had on both elbows is going away. The surface area that was affected is 95% gone on my right elbow and 80% healed on the left.

I was wondering if this occurrence has happened to anyone else, or anything similar to this. Ive been amazed by this for the past 6 weeks since I started noticing it getting better as ...
Read more : Psoriasis disappearing since starting Avonex!! | Views : 4266 | Replies : 7

Auto-injector

I have just taken my 8th Avonex pre-filled injection today, but today was my third with the auto-injector... Wow, it is truly amazing.

I was wondering if what I heard is true, that the auto injector is only available in Canada and Europe. Is this true? I figured the drug makers would make it available wherever the drug is sold, in order to make taking the drug easier. Hence keeping people on it longer.

I ...
Read more : Auto-injector | Views : 9093 | Replies : 16

muscle pain and cramps with Avonex

Hi there

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the really debilitating muscle cramps and pain that come with Avonex. I really want to keep on this medication, but this is a problem for me for about two days each week. I take the ibuprofen and tylenol that the docs tell me to, but although it helps with the fever and chills, it does nothing for the cramps (or headaches). I am ...
Read more : muscle pain and cramps with Avonex | Views : 8844 | Replies : 22

vaccinations and interferons

Hi there

I could not find any info on this on the Avonex site, but maybe someone else could shed some light?

My Oncologist (I had cancer 10 yrs ago and stiill go for regular checks) is something of an expert on interferons in general as it is commonly used for the treatment of certain cancers. She told me that I could not have any vaccinations whilst on interferon, or for 3 months after stopping ...
Read more : vaccinations and interferons | Views : 1952 | Replies : 0

Maximizing INTERFERON-Beta effectiveness

MMP-9s KILL the activity of ALL IFN-Betas.

It is a VERY GOOD IDEA to lower MMP-9s if taking an Ifn-Beta drug.

:wink: If you want to maximize Avonex (or any beta interferon), lowering MMP-9s will prevent it from being degraded by being cleaved into parts thus killing its Activity/Effectiveness.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12764058

Also getting the most activity from the least amount of near natural (human) interferon like Avonex will ...
Read more : Maximizing INTERFERON-Beta effectiveness | Views : 9204 | Replies : 20

Starting Avonex within a month

Hello everyone, I will be starting Avonex pre-filled injections very soon. I've read every single post in the forums about avonex, but I have a few questions...

I wonder mostly about what is going on between the 24/48 hr side effects and the next shot. I have had 2 relapses since my first symptoms began 5 months ago, but I still have quite a bit of mobility. My body went numb from my left foot ...
Read more : Starting Avonex within a month | Views : 5682 | Replies : 11

buying from online pharmacy?

well, my wife has been prescribed to avonex due to the ms... I don't want to buy from a local pharmacy where poeple would judge me or my wife and want to buy from an online pharmacy. i've come across a canadian online pharmacy drugdelivery.ca which offer avonex for a reasonable price. anyway, where my wife's health is concerned, i don't care about the price + insurance will cover up most of it. but the ...
Read more : buying from online pharmacy? | Views : 2979 | Replies : 1

WHETHER AVONEX WILL HELP OT IS THERE ANY OTHER CURE KNOWN

I am 37 Yrs old, married & have 3 children and by the grace of God involved in my business upto now. I'm still working, walking and able to lead an 'almost' normal life but I'm restricting hectic schedules or stress. At this point of time it feels that I should be looking seriously to find alternative cure because the doctors of western medicine have their hands for and nothing more to offer.

I was ...
Read more : WHETHER AVONEX WILL HELP OT IS THERE ANY OTHER CURE KNOWN | Views : 2503 | Replies : 1

Curious about date of posts...

I'm wondering if there is a reason that the posts for Avonex seem to be quite old compared to some of the other drugs? I am also curious if people here check in every day, every week, every month... or what the normal "posting time" is. Hope you are all well!!
Read more : Curious about date of posts... | Views : 2357 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220310 • Total topics 22802 • Total members 14389

Contact us | Terms of Service