It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:27 pm

News News of Avonex

Site map of Avonex » Forum : Avonex

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex

pregnancy and Avonex

Plenty of info warning women to get off Avonex if they become pregnant. Also a handy registry to register yourself if you're pregnant and on Avonex at http://www.criver.com/clinical_services ... tml#Avonex.

That's all well and good. But where's the research? Where are the outcomes? Avonex has been around for years now, as have the other MS drugs. Aren't there any conclusions or initial hypotheses yet beyond just "don't do it"? ...
Read more : pregnancy and Avonex | Views : 2312 | Replies : 0

Avonex and yeast over growth

Wow! I am so happy to find this site. I come from a family with a strong history of autoimmune problems. My mother has a diagnosis of MS and has been on Avonex for about 4 years, with good success. She claims she is really healthy now, but I had her here for 3 weeks and she seemed pretty sick to me still. Primarily her energy is very low.

What I am wondering is, have ...
Read more : Avonex and yeast over growth | Views : 2750 | Replies : 4

Interferon Beta 1a

Okay, I have a stupid question...

If Avonex and Rebif are the same drug (interferon beta 1a) and the difference is the way it is injected (IM vs. SC), then why couldn't someone buy a months supply of Rebif (which is approximately the same price as Avonex) and simply inject 2/3 of the 44mcg dose IM? For the same price (appoximately) you would have 3 months worth of drugs?

Just a silly thought...

Thanks,
Aaron
Read more : Interferon Beta 1a | Views : 2899 | Replies : 4

why avonex?

what made you choose Avonex over the other CRABS? My son will have to start one soon, and Im torn between which one we should go with. His Dr. asked me to research them and decide. They both have good and bad sides. Side effects, times etc.

Maybe you all could give me more ideas on which one?
Thank you.

kristy
Read more : why avonex? | Views : 3512 | Replies : 3

side effects everyone?

sorry this may be sort of a repeat of anther question.

Does everyone get side effects like the flu and chills etc. from avonex? my son starts soon, but I do think the Dr. wants us to choose between this one and the beta one. But leaning toward this one due to the once a week thing. one the other hand, the side effects do sound aweful.

kristy
Read more : side effects everyone? | Views : 4284 | Replies : 9

avonex + methotrexate

Is anyone else on the avonex + methotrexate combination?
I had been on avonex + cellcept but the cellcept side effects
were not worth it (finally figured out that was what was
causing the diarrhea). So the (new) doc has switched me
to methotrexate instead. The little research I did showed it
to be "mildly" better than avonex alone.

Does anyone have better info on methotrexate and its use
in MS?
Read more : avonex + methotrexate | Views : 2301 | Replies : 2

Research on Avonex

Read more : Research on Avonex | Views : 1694 | Replies : 0

anyone NOT get Avonex side effects, or get them mildly?

Just curious to see if anyone has had the less dramatic course with Avonex. I'm going to start it soon and, well, I'm n-e-r-v-o-u-s! So I'm looking for positive feedback.
Read more : anyone NOT get Avonex side effects, or get them mildly? | Views : 6367 | Replies : 7

Will the side effects ever cease?

I've been on Avonex for 1 year now and still have the normal side effects every week that come with it. I've gotten a pretty good routine to minimise the effects using Tylenol, eating, rest, and more Tylenol, but they are still there every week. Some weeks are worse than others. The neuro said when I started I'd only have them a couple of months. Wrong. Then he talked about switching to Copaxone for less ...
Read more : Will the side effects ever cease? | Views : 4240 | Replies : 11

Avonex

I have been on Avonex for 4 years. Do you get to a point when you need to change meds? For the past month I have such horrible shooting pains up and down arms and legs and I have been extremely exhusted.

Read more : Avonex | Views : 3009 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219673 • Total topics 22681 • Total members 14297

Contact us | Terms of Service