It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:41 pm

News News of Avonex

Site map of Avonex » Forum : Avonex

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex

Bruising While Injecting with Avonex

I have been taking Avonex for over a year now. My boyfriend gives me my injections every Saturday night (usually in my upper thighs). He did the same this past weekend and the next morning I woke up with an enormous bruise at the injection site - this is the first time this ever happened. The injection did not hurt at all. Does anyone know what would cause this? Did I hit a vein or ...
Read more : Bruising While Injecting with Avonex | Views : 2836 | Replies : 4

interferon side effects.

Has anyone experienced seizures while on the above. My daughter was diagnosed with Rel/Rem. M.S. at the beginning she would have a relapse and then feel well for a period of time. It was decided she should go on Beta Interferon started this in Sept. 04 went into rel. within a month of taking the drug and gradually got worse so bad now urine incontinent and cognitively very badly impared, She then had a very ...
Read more : interferon side effects. | Views : 2944 | Replies : 3

studies on discontinuing therapy

This is just a hope that someone has heard of a study on the impact to an individual when stopping therapy after over 4 years of treatment. I have asked my neurologist and he was not aware of any.

Is there any evidence supporting increased disease activity or accelerated loss of capability after the therapy is terminated?

The primary reason for the question is that it appears upon retirement I will either have to stop ...
Read more : studies on discontinuing therapy | Views : 3597 | Replies : 3

Avonex warning

The FDA and Biogen IDEC have made a joint press release warning of possible severe liver damage to those who use Avonex. For more details please go to this site:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _biogen_dc

Harry
Read more : Avonex warning | Views : 4397 | Replies : 11

BC PILL

HELLO ALL :D

WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE IS ONT BIRTH CONTROL PILL WHILE ON AVONEX, I KNOW WITH ALOT OF MEDS, IT MAKES THE PILL LESS EFFECTIVE, WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY "INCIDENTS" WITH KNOWING? THANKS GUYS
Read more : BC PILL | Views : 2243 | Replies : 2

Question for Avonex veterans...

What type of protocol does your neuro have you on for blood tests re: liver function, neutralizing antibodies, etc.?
Read more : Question for Avonex veterans... | Views : 3288 | Replies : 11

side effects

I get awful flu like symptoms from the avonex but nyquil or something with an antihistamine really seems to help. Renee :D
Read more : side effects | Views : 2629 | Replies : 2

when is enough enough?

well my frustration over this drug is coming to the end. I was diagnosed in oct of 2003. my only symptoms being tingling on my left side, and the "jolts" when I bent my neck down. Within 3 months overything was back to normal but my doctor reccomended I take something as a prevenative.So last year in march I started taking avonex. I was suprised to read on the box that it said it wasnt ...
Read more : when is enough enough? | Views : 2914 | Replies : 4

Injecting When you are Sick

I jut got over a very bad cold virus (almost 2 weeks) and since I am on Avonex, I need to take a weekly injection. I wasn't sure if it was okay to inject myself if I am not feeling well so I called my neuro and he suggested that I wait a day or two, which I did. Has anyone every injected when they were sick?
Read more : Injecting When you are Sick | Views : 2464 | Replies : 2

Who injects themselves?

Im wondering whether you guys inject yourselves or get someone else to inject you.
Read more : Who injects themselves? | Views : 4665 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220807 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14449

Contact us | Terms of Service