It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:57 am

News News of Avonex

Site map of Avonex » Forum : Avonex

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex

1 Year milestone

Has anyone managed to get past the 1 year milestone on avonex and if so has it made a difference to your quality of life?

I also wonder does anyone feel it relives their tiredness - or perhaps add to it..

Im getting to the stage of wondering whether it does anything for me and are the side effects worth it??
Read more : 1 Year milestone | Views : 2773 | Replies : 3

a little help

hello all, i started avonex 2 weeks ago, and just wanted to let you in on my experience yesterday, in hope that it could offer help to others? i had looked at this board before taking my first shot, and had seen a few say they do not sleep on the night of their shot, and i thought it was because side affects were so bad, well here was my experience, my first shot i ...
Read more : a little help | Views : 1890 | Replies : 1

side affect question

hello all, i am new to this board and new to avonex last night was my first injection, and i had a question. i got the typical side affect with the flu and high fever, and needed to know if when i have this fever is it contagious? or no because it is just a side affect? i have 3 children and hope they can not catch it. any input would be greatly appreciated. and ...
Read more : side affect question | Views : 2427 | Replies : 4

Twice a week Avonex?

Hey,

My doc put me on Avonex shots twice a week, and since then I go for 12+ months without any relapses. Right now I'm on 14 months without a relapse.

I was wondering if anyone else was on this kind of program and what their experience has been.
Read more : Twice a week Avonex? | Views : 3024 | Replies : 6

More on Recall

Read more : More on Recall | Views : 5834 | Replies : 15

Avonex Recall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/enforce/2 ... 00847.html
Read more : Avonex Recall | Views : 2798 | Replies : 0

New User - also new on Avonex

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with MS in Dec. 2003, although I had been having symptoms for about 2 years prior. I am now on Avonex and have been for about 2 1/2 months. I am only on 1/2 of a shot, due to the side affects. I still have alot of side effects that seem to last 24 hours. I am very achy, get the sweats real bad and a headache. I also feel ...
Read more : New User - also new on Avonex | Views : 3259 | Replies : 9

Pre-filled vs. Powder

I got a letter from Biogen Idec which states that they will bring the powder form of avonex back to the market along with the pre-filled. They said that focus groups revealed that some people preferred the powder form. Personally, I think the pre-filled formula is much more convenient and the injection and side effects are no different than the powder form.

:?: My question: Why are ...
Read more : Pre-filled vs. Powder | Views : 3165 | Replies : 7

new user

I have my first shot of Avonex this coming Friday and I must admit I am a little anxious!! Is there anyone out there with some encouraging messages for me? The injection is not the scarey bit for me - it's the side effects!!

A scared Brit!

JD
Read more : new user | Views : 2808 | Replies : 10

My first Avenox injection--Whole lotta shakin going on

Two hours after my first injection, I received my first reaction to the med. The shakes. People would call them the "chills", but I experience something much more dramatic, like I was an unbalanced clothes washer on the spin cycle. I also had a headache and was achy but that may have been attributed to the shakes. Has anyone else had the same experience? :?:
Read more : My first Avenox injection--Whole lotta shakin going on | Views : 15188 | Replies : 19

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216413 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13902