It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:50 pm

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

My Campath Story

WOW, what an interesting but very stressful journey to finally get to this point! The short version of the story is that I was a Tovaxin lab rat who received Tovaxin during the 1 year of the Phase IIb trial and then 4 out of 5 vaccinations in the extension phase before Opexa ran out of money and shut the study down. At that point it seemed like the obvious thing to do was enter ...
Read more : My Campath Story | Views : 3089 | Replies : 11

Any updates?

Any updates/reports from the Campath recipients?
Read more : Any updates? | Views : 1364 | Replies : 1

I have a decision to make

I am unsure what to do about the Phase 3 Alemtuzumab study. I have been approved for it, but have not yet done the Screening and Baseline visits. They made some changes to it on 3/5/09, and now I would have a 1 - 3 chance of being radomized into the Rebif group, when before it was 1 - 5.

I am almost 50 years old. Yikes, I've never seen that in print, if ...
Read more : I have a decision to make | Views : 1299 | Replies : 2

one week after campath

I went into the Neuro's office today, 'cause I just can't get my legs to work right. They're super duper spastic and the dropped foot is way worse. The team was supportive, they gave me some different drugs to try for the spasticity and some oral steroids to see that if that didn't help me feel better and get walking better sooner. Tomorrow I have to go back to work so I was nervous about ...
Read more : one week after campath | Views : 1824 | Replies : 5

Second Campath infusion

I detailed the experience @ under my blog, it's public so read it if you're interested. The 3rd and final infusion was on Wednesday. Thursday I woke with the rash; and had my mom around all day in case I needed her. Really I just wanted to rest. Today another rash but it didn't return as fierce as usual, 4 hours after the last benadryl. I continue to ...
Read more : Second Campath infusion | Views : 1349 | Replies : 1

Freiguy, if you happen to be checking in, I sent you a PM.
Read more : Freiguy.... | Views : 1269 | Replies : 0

second dose day two

I have in IV in my right wrist, so it is hard for me to type. Therefore, I not sure how long this post will be. Yesterday the infusion went ok. Although, I went into vagus shock during the IV insertion and passed out ( my blood pressure also dropped in half). But after that is was pretty smooth sailing. Kristin and I had some serious headaches. I also had a stomach ache and some ...
Read more : second dose day two | Views : 1253 | Replies : 0

Second dose.....tomorrow

Well Kristin and I go for our second dose of Campath tomorrow. It has almost been one year to date since our last infusion. Our MRIs showed good things. No progression in mine, and I think Kristin's even showed some improvement. It has been stressful trying to prepare for tomorrow. In fact , Kristin and I both feel like we are having a mini flare up.

Yesterday I made sure to fit in some fun ...
Read more : Second dose.....tomorrow | Views : 1464 | Replies : 3

Campath research

Given that a number of people have received this treatment / are thinking about it, here is an abstract of some research to be presented in April about disability improvements.

Ian ... 9L_P06.145
Read more : Campath research | Views : 1470 | Replies : 1

finally OUT part 1

Well the fine folks at Genzyme have given me the boot. I am apparently not treatment naive because of the 28 days I was in the open label with Tovaxin and I am not eligible for Care 2 because I wasn't on treatment??? The clinical Neuro went to bat for me and still, NO. The only thing more frustrating than MS is trying to find a useful treatment for it. I would like to once ...
Read more : finally OUT part 1 | Views : 1844 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227603 • Total topics 24031 • Total members 15391

Contact us | Terms of Service