It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:43 pm

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

one week after campath

I went into the Neuro's office today, 'cause I just can't get my legs to work right. They're super duper spastic and the dropped foot is way worse. The team was supportive, they gave me some different drugs to try for the spasticity and some oral steroids to see that if that didn't help me feel better and get walking better sooner. Tomorrow I have to go back to work so I was nervous about ...
Read more : one week after campath | Views : 1707 | Replies : 5

Second Campath infusion

I detailed the experience @ www.myspace.com/chilliwacklove under my blog, it's public so read it if you're interested. The 3rd and final infusion was on Wednesday. Thursday I woke with the rash; and had my mom around all day in case I needed her. Really I just wanted to rest. Today another rash but it didn't return as fierce as usual, 4 hours after the last benadryl. I continue to ...
Read more : Second Campath infusion | Views : 1293 | Replies : 1

Freiguy....

Freiguy, if you happen to be checking in, I sent you a PM.
Read more : Freiguy.... | Views : 1236 | Replies : 0

second dose day two

I have in IV in my right wrist, so it is hard for me to type. Therefore, I not sure how long this post will be. Yesterday the infusion went ok. Although, I went into vagus shock during the IV insertion and passed out ( my blood pressure also dropped in half). But after that is was pretty smooth sailing. Kristin and I had some serious headaches. I also had a stomach ache and some ...
Read more : second dose day two | Views : 1216 | Replies : 0

Second dose.....tomorrow

Well Kristin and I go for our second dose of Campath tomorrow. It has almost been one year to date since our last infusion. Our MRIs showed good things. No progression in mine, and I think Kristin's even showed some improvement. It has been stressful trying to prepare for tomorrow. In fact , Kristin and I both feel like we are having a mini flare up.

Yesterday I made sure to fit in some fun ...
Read more : Second dose.....tomorrow | Views : 1425 | Replies : 3

Campath research

Given that a number of people have received this treatment / are thinking about it, here is an abstract of some research to be presented in April about disability improvements.

Ian

http://www.abstracts2view.com/aan2009se ... 9L_P06.145
Read more : Campath research | Views : 1429 | Replies : 1

finally OUT part 1

Well the fine folks at Genzyme have given me the boot. I am apparently not treatment naive because of the 28 days I was in the open label with Tovaxin and I am not eligible for Care 2 because I wasn't on treatment??? The clinical Neuro went to bat for me and still, NO. The only thing more frustrating than MS is trying to find a useful treatment for it. I would like to once ...
Read more : finally OUT part 1 | Views : 1810 | Replies : 9

Campath feedback please

Hello all,

I am new to the Campath forum but some of you may recognize me from the Tovaxin forum. I want to for some feedback from you folks, especially the those who have gone through the Campath treatment. Below the paragraph with my questions is a description of my situation if that helps with your input.

After the Tovaxin study was shut down, the Campath folks finally decided to let us Tovaxin folks into ...
Read more : Campath feedback please | Views : 4600 | Replies : 17

finally in part 2

Signed consent forms today (Doc scared the shit out of me). A question to those of you in the know, how long after treatment did it take to get back to an OK physical place, i.e. work, hobbies, general activities etc.?
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : finally in part 2 | Views : 1625 | Replies : 7

Finally in

After what seems like months of waiting for the call and the issues related to my participation in the Tovaxin trial, I finally got the OK from my nearest Campath site. I have been doing the standard paper faxing etc., weighing the pro's and con's (mainly that I don't want to be on Rebif) and trying to make damn sure this is the right avenue. I have to be in Care One which improves my ...
Read more : Finally in | Views : 3601 | Replies : 25

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221805 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service