It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:30 am

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Campath research articles

First thing - happy New Year.

A belated Christmas present for Lyon and others.

Here is a link to Dr Alasdair Coles which give an overview of his work with Campath for MS. If you go down the page there is a section called Key publications. The first publication is the research article on the 3 year Phase II trial (CAMMS 223) - open the PDF file. Worth printing out as it is quite long ...
Read more : Campath research articles | Views : 1507 | Replies : 4

A few Campath questions

Hello All,
As a recent transfer from the Tovaxin trial, I, like some others am considering the Campath trial. Thanks for all the posted info and videos on this site. A few questions; is Campath considered a true re-boot like Revimmune? Unlike Revimmune, I do not hear the term Chemotherapy used to describe Campath and yes I have watched all the videos and have read as much as I can but still wonder exactly what ...
Read more : A few Campath questions | Views : 4107 | Replies : 19

Campath trial

I got a phone call today from my neurologists office asking me if I'd be interested in this study. They are already approved as a trial site for the Campath/Rebif study. I go in on the 10th to see them and I've looked at info on the internet but is it really true that if you get Rebif while in the trial that it's covered cost wise? It's a question my husband asked me and ...
Read more : Campath trial | Views : 1607 | Replies : 7

just back from my pre-screening

I just got back from my pre-trial screening. The site I am looking at is in the final stages of hopefully getting approved. I should know by next Monday latest. A lot of things concerned me about the site and trial. I would be the 1st participant at this site. That means possibly not as much experience with Campath as a site that has given many already. Otherwise the site seemed fine. There is a ...
Read more : just back from my pre-screening | Views : 1378 | Replies : 3

Talked to my Dr about campath

He does the most recent 2 clinical trails for Campath and he says things are looking great for the drug as a true major MS treatment. He said it was doing better than rebif by 70 something percent.

I am doing fine on rebif so not a candidate for campath yet. He has very high hopes for it's use.

Keep all of us posted on your campath treatments so we choose our next course of ...
Read more : Talked to my Dr about campath | Views : 1307 | Replies : 0

8 month update, and a long rant.. enjoy....

Well it has been 8 months since my first campath infusion.

I actually have been feeling pretty good lately. I can't say it's a miracle drug or that it has repaired any damage so far. Although, some days my eyesight seems a bit better.

My general energy level is really pretty good and I seem to be able to manage my symptoms better. I think part of that is that I have just learned to ...
Read more : 8 month update, and a long rant.. enjoy.... | Views : 3006 | Replies : 9

Treatment after long term RRMS

I am trying to get Campath off-label. The thing that worries me, even though I am still RRMS, I have had symptoms for over 13 years, with a diagnosis about 3 years ago.

Most of the people I have seen here who have received it, have been usually considerably less time with this disease, but more aggresive. I have read the studies that show its more effective with people in early RRMS, and I don't ...
Read more : Treatment after long term RRMS | Views : 2833 | Replies : 8

Side effects

Our neuro is one of the coordinators of the phase III trials for Campath.Other than having a good CV,he is very open-minded and quite straightforward so we highly value his opinion..Regarding the side effects,his opinion is that although they are potentially very serious (ie strokes can occur because of the bleeding disorder),they are in most cases manageable if the patient is closely monitored and the risk identified.

I just read the phase II trial paper ...
Read more : Side effects | Views : 1330 | Replies : 1

Sky news "Puff Piece" (video)

VIDEO

And another VIDEO
Read more : Sky news "Puff Piece" (video) | Views : 1493 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219647 • Total topics 22677 • Total members 14292

Contact us | Terms of Service