It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 pm

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Relapser's, Here's your poll about MS symptoms--

Unfortunately we obviously don't have everyones results in the tracking thread. I have added a simple poll just to get an idea of how people are doing. If you have had a procedure (angio or stent) and are RR please fill this out one time!
Thanks
Read more : Relapser's, Here's your poll about MS symptoms-- | Views : 1002 | Replies : 2

Poll re MS symptoms for progressives who have been treated -

Unfortunately we obviously don't have everyones results in the tracking thread. I have added a simple poll just to get an idea of how people are doing. If you have had a procedure (angio or stent) and are SP or PP please fill this out one time!
Thanks
Read more : Poll re MS symptoms for progressives who have been treated - | Views : 1446 | Replies : 7

Brain Veins! and L'hermettes

I have seen a couple of comments related to the 'alternative' veins that the body uses and what happens to them when the jug's are opened and working correctly.
Did I miss a thread on this or something?

Also, this is just a thought, but could l'hermettes have anything to do with our problem with lack of 'room' where our veins/nerves/arteries are getting pinched together?
Read more : Brain Veins! and L'hermettes | Views : 1378 | Replies : 4

Mino

Minocycline is a antibiotic that is showing promise in brain damage. It is known that it down regulates microglia, the brains immune cells that are able to open the BBB, to call in T cells and b cells and to phagocytose damaged tissue in the brain.

Here is a story on Minocycline
TELEGRAPH

Dr Simka offered in one of his papers that perhaps Mino could be used post procedure to moderate any immune reactions left ...
Read more : Mino | Views : 1443 | Replies : 7

Materials used in Stent construction

This is very applicable for people who are metal sensitive or allergic. For people who dont know if they are, the website to check out is MELISA.org.

insights, perspectives and inside data from the founder of MMD
Materials used in stent construction
The materials used in coronary stents must be flexible, supportive, capable of expansion, and biocompatible. Typically, foreign materials implanted into the human body results in trauma, inflammation, immune response and eventual healing and/or ...
Read more : Materials used in Stent construction | Views : 1157 | Replies : 1

2 month check-up done somewhere other than Stanford???

I am one week out from surgery and feeling good! Alex called to schedule my 2 month check-up today. I really can't head back to CA at Christmastime, which is when I'd have to go. I asked if I could have the imaging done elsewhere and I'm waiting for an answer.
Has anyone had their check-up done somewhere other than Stanford???
Read more : 2 month check-up done somewhere other than Stanford??? | Views : 1169 | Replies : 6

Best article to bring to medical school doctor?

I have an appointment tomorrow with my neuro opthamologist for a usual checkup at the medical school in my city. I'd like to introduce him to CCSVI. I'm sure this has been asked before but what are the best scientific articles to bring copies of? The sticky keeps getting bigger and bigger! I like this doc.. He's a smart one and open to talking about new ideas.
Read more : Best article to bring to medical school doctor? | Views : 1076 | Replies : 3

CCSVI: had liberation done in January 09

I am sorry that I failed to mention,I was the first U.S. patient in CCSVI's preliminary study. If I had to go back & do it again,my answer is YES,YES,YES.

In January 2009, I left my home & country and went to Italy for Liberation at the University of Ferrara Vascular DiseasesCenter,all in hopes to help my brothers&sisters around the globe end the suffering!

3 years in to my MS diagnosis, tried Avonex, MANY IV's ...
Read more : CCSVI: had liberation done in January 09 | Views : 2263 | Replies : 4

Iron is associated with neuropsychological symptoms MS ??

There is a new(Oct 25, 2009) link on the CCSVI Facebook page that points to a news article about CCSVI. The article is short and pretty much rehashes what most of us already know. However the article states : "Iron is associated with neuropsychological symptoms of the disease". Now that is news to me !!!! Does anyone here have any more information on this ??
Read more : Iron is associated with neuropsychological symptoms MS ?? | Views : 1064 | Replies : 1

Response from Canadian MS Society Re: CCSVI

I had expected better:

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/research/medmmo_20091021.htm

My take on this article is that it is factual and fair but it doesn't convey the kind of hope and promise I feel CCSVI deserves.
Read more : Response from Canadian MS Society Re: CCSVI | Views : 6778 | Replies : 32

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219345 • Total topics 22633 • Total members 14267

Contact us | Terms of Service