It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:08 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

translation issues

Hello,

just wanted to say that it would be nice and helpful to foreign people who don't speak english that well if you could try to use simple and "schoolbook" english on things that contain real information about CCSVI and procedure, if possible. Most of non-english speakers use programs like google translator. Medical terms are no problem, but inofficial abbrevations and slang words are. If you refer to jugular vein as jug... well.

I really ...
Read more : translation issues | Views : 1058 | Replies : 4

Narcotic sensitivity

Doesn't seem like an awful lot of us are narcotic sensitive? This doesn't seem as frequent in my non-ms friends. Why would that be?
Read more : Narcotic sensitivity | Views : 869 | Replies : 0

How long until you drove after the procedure?

Hey, I was just wondering how long it was before you 'stenters' starting driving again after the procedure. I know it will vary due to several factors, I am just looking for a range.
Thanks!
Read more : How long until you drove after the procedure? | Views : 1311 | Replies : 8

Blast off in 4, 3, 2, 1...

Blast off in 4, 3, 2, 1...

Okay, I just got back from Disneyland a few weeks ago. One of my favorite rides is California Screamin’ , the roller coaster. When we go, we ride this, a lot. Several years ago, after we returned, I watched my kiddos playing in the back yard. My youngest would load up his big sister and brother in the wagon and then recite, “Blast off in 4, 3, 2, ...
Read more : Blast off in 4, 3, 2, 1... | Views : 5024 | Replies : 45

How to really perform USG Doppler?

Last week we managed to get the examination and USG in one of the best institutes for vascular and heart diseases in Slovakia. When I started explaining to one young doctor (angiologist) about CCSVI and showed him the report from Dr. Simka he was very surprised and decided to call all his colleagues to come down to him. (Well that was really funny, because I felt like an expert making a lecture for them, which ...
Read more : How to really perform USG Doppler? | Views : 1234 | Replies : 3

mri after procedure

I just wondered if anyone had his mri after stenting/balooning procedure to see what is happening with lesions,or to look for new ones if any... or maybe there is some special schedule for mri checkup after procedure and we still have to wait for wonderfull news like "no new lesions" ? I know that we need more time ...
Read more : mri after procedure | Views : 4524 | Replies : 33

risks of stenting procedure

I'm going to Poland for doppler/MRV/the procedure the 2nd week of December. At least I WAS going. Now I have some doubts because my ex-partner (a pathologist) thinks it's dangerous.

He asked me if there are surgeons stand-by if something goes wrong during the operation and the patient needs an emergency operation.

Does anyone here know this? How safe is this procedure?
Read more : risks of stenting procedure | Views : 1705 | Replies : 7

TEDMED and Boston Scientific

Hello,

I just stumbled upon a very interesting article in a german science online magazine called "technology review":

http://www.heise.de/tr/artikel/Transpar ... 48684.html

It's about the TEDMED, an independent meeting of innovative medical professionals.

http://www.tedmed.com/

In this article, Boston Scientific is mentioned, a company that produces stents. On their website, I found this:

<shortened url>

and this:

<shortened url>

Especially their procedures for vascular deseases ...
Read more : TEDMED and Boston Scientific | Views : 964 | Replies : 1

FTY720 (Fingolimod) &

Hey all,

I was doing some research on Fingolimod when I stumbled onto something I thought may be related to the discussions we are having here. Fingolimod is a sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1-P) receptor modulator and has been shown to reduce relapses and disability progression. When I googled "sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1-P) receptor modulators," the research article below popped up. In it, the research shows that S1-P significantly attenuates "vascular barrier dysfunction." I have a limited understanding ...
Read more : FTY720 (Fingolimod) & | Views : 1141 | Replies : 1

Post CCSVI stenting - getting off meds safely and exercise

Hi Everyone,
I am post procedure and have been lucky enough to feel real improvement. I want to eliminate all unnecessary meds, ASAP! I have no patience, LOL. :lol: I do know how distressing this can be to my body, so I'm trying to go slow. :roll:
I was on pain, anxiety, and musclerelaxant medications, which I do ...
Read more : Post CCSVI stenting - getting off meds safely and exercise | Views : 1657 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222304 • Total topics 23088 • Total members 14617

Contact us | Terms of Service