It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:43 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

how many repeat procedures?

So my company's health insurance will be changing on Jan 1st, and there is a 50% chance that Dr Dake will no longer be in my network.

I'll be having my initial MRV and probable procedure prior to the insurance change.

If I am no longer in Dake's network, I'll have to find a local vascular doc to do my followup MRV. That's not a problem I don't think.

But I'm sort of worried about ...
Read more : how many repeat procedures? | Views : 1154 | Replies : 2

checking in

Any new breakthroughs/progress in the last couple of months to report? I know, I could go through the threads but I thought this would be easier and quicker!!!
Read more : checking in | Views : 1002 | Replies : 8

UK people having CCSVI tests & procedures done abroad

Perhaps like many of you, I see little point (for now) in trying to convince my GP and Neurologist to organise any kind of CCSVI tests for me here in the UK because they probably won’t be very sympathetic to the proposed links between MS and CCSVI. Even if they were, it would take forever to organise and I doubt that many professionals over here would conduct the tests in accordance with the specific protocols ...
Read more : UK people having CCSVI tests & procedures done abroad | Views : 2674 | Replies : 7

Anyone have Darcy's phone number?

I have Alex's phone number but need Darcy's. Alex's voice mail box is completely full--can't even leave a message now. She must be SUPER busy.
Read more : Anyone have Darcy's phone number? | Views : 928 | Replies : 2

Liberation Procedure Research on line 11/24

OK. This out of Italy. Dr. Zamboni's paper on the results of the Liberation Procedure patients and their 18 months of followup after the procedure will be here for free on Nov. 24th-
http://www.jvascsurg.org/inpress

cheer
Read more : Liberation Procedure Research on line 11/24 | Views : 2703 | Replies : 4

Who are the BIG names in CCSVI ?

The CCSVI Pioneers :

Dr. Roberto Bergamaschi, Director of the MS Center of Pavia (Italy)

Steven R. Brenner, MD, Associate Professor Department of Neurology & Psychiatry, St Louis University School of Medicine
Dr. Brenner responded favorably via an eletter response to Dr. Zamboni's paper "Chronic cerebral venous insufficiency in patients with multiple sclerosis"

Dr. John Cooke, MD, PHD, professor of cardiovascular medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine

Dr. Patricia Coyle, Stony Brook University Hospital, NY ...
Read more : Who are the BIG names in CCSVI ? | Views : 89519 | Replies : 129

FYI - Buffalo ccsvi study

Hi All:

I just got into the Buffalo Study, Dr Weinstock Guttman is my neuro. I have already received the doppler test and I'm scheduled for the MRI Dec 5th. I just discovered that their not doing the MRV as part of the study anymore. They only planned to do an MRV on the first 250. So, I missed out. Also, they only do an MRI on the brain but my lesion is in my ...
Read more : FYI - Buffalo ccsvi study | Views : 4545 | Replies : 5

How many veins are affected by CCSVI?

I’m still trying to get my head around all of the information that’s on here so forgive me if this has already been answered in another topic somewhere, but....

Are veins ever hampered in other areas related to the spinal cord? I see plenty of people commenting that tests revealed problems in the neck/jugular areas but is there any other veins that connect to the Spinal Cord outside of the head area, and if so ...
Read more : How many veins are affected by CCSVI? | Views : 2474 | Replies : 14

What is the best way to contact Dr Simka?

Hi, the subject says it all really.

Thanks to the good people on TIMS I have learnt a great deal about CCSVI and I would like to start the ball rolling to get tested (and hopefully treated).

Is there a proper way to engage with Dr Simka? I have found his email address via this forum but I'm wondering if there is a formal way or process that I should follow to get his help? ...
Read more : What is the best way to contact Dr Simka? | Views : 1759 | Replies : 12

Going to Motown, counting down the days !!!

It's exactly 3 weeks until my husband and I drive from St. Louis to Detroit (about 9 hours) so I can be scanned by Dr. Haacke with his protocol. This morning I had the required GFR blood test to make sure my kidneys are OK. I think Paula Morton RN, Dr. Haacke's research coordinator should have all my information this week. So now all I have to do is wait. I know this isn't as ...
Read more : Going to Motown, counting down the days !!! | Views : 3027 | Replies : 25

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226239 • Total topics 23792 • Total members 15094

Contact us | Terms of Service