It is currently Thu May 26, 2016 9:42 pm

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Avis Favaro online tomorrow ??

I just looked at the Facebook page and there is a notification of an online Q&A with Avis Favaro tomorrow. Does anyone know how to join this online session ?
Read more : Avis Favaro online tomorrow ?? | Views : 1207 | Replies : 4

CCSVI in Canada: Who/What/Where

Hi All
Update December 19, 2009
UCC in False Creek Vancouver, B.C. is doing the scans
Here is their website
http://www.urgentcarecentre.com/

Braden

--------------------
In this discussion I'd like to ask for and share information regarding CCSVI testing in Canada - especially BC and Vancouver/Victoria.

Near as I can figure out, this is a specialized Ultrasound Testing and a special MRI testing called MRV.
Note: this is not just ...
Read more : CCSVI in Canada: Who/What/Where | Views : 27687 | Replies : 116

Eric's thoughts on women, VO2, CCSVI, MS

So...Jeff and I are hanging out last night in pre-op with a young nurse, Eric. He starts talking about his research interests in the cardiovascular field, and the differences between men and women, and how women have different responses than men when they do tread mill tests, EKGs etc and that what looks normal for women would look like a heart attack for a man...for the simple fact that WOMEN ARE SMALLER and have lower ...
Read more : Eric's thoughts on women, VO2, CCSVI, MS | Views : 1505 | Replies : 7

Plavix and aspirin vs coumadin post procedure ??

Today I visited the office of a professor/doctor of radiology/neuroradiology here in St Louis at the Washington University School of Medicine. He will be advising me after I get my MS-MRI scans in Detroit on December 7. I had a nice chat with his RN. She asked if people were given any medications post procedure. I told her I thought it was coumadin at Stanford and heparin in Europe. The RN said that they use ...
Read more : Plavix and aspirin vs coumadin post procedure ?? | Views : 3003 | Replies : 15

Has Anyone Asked, And Been Told No? (Canada)

Has anyone in Canada asked thier GP or Neurologist for a referal to have thier veins checked and been told "NO"?

If "No" what arguements are they using?

I'm only interested in "can i get the diagnostic procedures" at this time, as "can I have it done" is a whole other ball of wax.
Read more : Has Anyone Asked, And Been Told No? (Canada) | Views : 4186 | Replies : 25

CCSVI in Australia ??????????

Hi everyone,
I'm sitting here in Australia - thinking - well, what's going on ?
I noticed from one of the other threads that one Aussie has been extremely brave and ventured to Poland to have this done.
Has anyone here in Oz talked to their neuro about this ?

Fingers crossed.
Read more : CCSVI in Australia ?????????? | Views : 1830 | Replies : 5

My ultrasound show jugular blockage

Have not been here in a while but after 12 years of MS, this is exciting stuff. My radioogist found blockage in my right jugular vein and a kink in the left one. I will proceed with further tests, inlcuding a CT scan with contrast and an MRV (MRI for the veinss).

BMS
Read more : My ultrasound show jugular blockage | Views : 1661 | Replies : 2

Zamboni Paper to be released today?

Has anyone found a copy of Zamboni's paper that was supposed to be released today or know when it's supposed to happen if it hasn't already?
Read more : Zamboni Paper to be released today? | Views : 2568 | Replies : 11

Read more : 123 | Views : 903 | Replies : 1

Read more : 1234 | Views : 1712 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232454 • Total topics 24857 • Total members 16011

Contact us | Terms of Service