It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:14 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Lesion location relating to stenosis location?

Hi-

I'm new here, and have spent 2 days reading a lot of the material. I'm exhausted, but in a good way. I made it through the 50+ page original thread, and a lot of the other threads. Thanks to all of you who are contributing and being guinea pigs! This is exciting stuff.

I'm very interested in the procedure, and have emailed Dr. Dake's office.

My diagnosis of MS was based on c-spine and ...
Read more : Lesion location relating to stenosis location? | Views : 1026 | Replies : 2

Hope Happens in St. Louis

Hi,

I have a meeting this coming Wednesday, Nov 4, with THomas A. Woolsey (Google his name) and other researchers at the Hope Center for Neurological Disorders here in St. Louis. Please look at their website :

http://hopecenter.wustl.edu

I have already talked to Dr. Woolsey about CCSVI and he is cautiously favorable to the idea, but says he doesn't know much about MS. I hope I will get to ...
Read more : Hope Happens in St. Louis | Views : 1959 | Replies : 15

CCSVI on TIMS front page?

Hi

What about writing a CCSVI news article to the TIMS front page?

It seems that the latest news article was added in 2007. Compare with http://www.thisisms.com/archive.html

I think it's better if a native speaker writes a text. The submit link can be found on the front page.

Thanks to Juan for suggesting this.

Regards,
ibex
Read more : CCSVI on TIMS front page? | Views : 1353 | Replies : 5

Newbie getting ready to go!!!!!!!!!

Hi all I have gotten my turn to go see Dr. D on the 15th of Dec. I am so excited to go. I have no worries but my mother is a different story of coarse. She is freaking out about all of this. I know she is my mother and she has every right to be worried about something like this.
I have went against all of what everybody has wanted me to do ...
Read more : Newbie getting ready to go!!!!!!!!! | Views : 1590 | Replies : 5

Pseudo relapses

Radek mentioned having a 'pseudo relapse' and then qualified it as 'imaginary'. Actually, the way my neuro explained pseudo relapses to me was that something (maybe heat, excess exertion, stress, emotional upset, etc) would trigger something (maybe inflammation) that would cause actual symptoms, but that they didn't stick around as long as an exacerbation would. He said he thought I had one after having a bad emotional upset...I was upset that he thought I was ...
Read more : Pseudo relapses | Views : 1220 | Replies : 2

Smoking

Moved to the random ccsvi notions thread.
Read more : Smoking | Views : 915 | Replies : 1

EGCG, iron and the brain

Ursula, our German EGCG trial participant posted over in the Drug Pipeline
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8578.html

Wanted to make sure all CCSVI stento-teers and CCSVI curious knew about the iron chelating properties of EGCG (green tea extract)- thanks to Sharon for pointing this out again to Ursula-
Jeff's been on it for a year or so, as part of the endothelial health program. As we learn more about iron deposition in MS, ...
Read more : EGCG, iron and the brain | Views : 10197 | Replies : 43

SWI-MRI

From the Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center (BNAC).

SWI-MRI image shows high iron levels in MS compared to control.

NHE
Read more : SWI-MRI | Views : 1775 | Replies : 5

40-50k out of pocket??!!

Read more : 40-50k out of pocket??!! | Views : 2833 | Replies : 23

Read more : 123 | Views : 1016 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221009 • Total topics 22916 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service