It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:17 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Back from Poland

Wow, words cant express what a wonderful experience Poland was, or my words cant, but here goes.

It turns out I didn't have stenosis but one jugular had a valve that was upside down, the other jugular had a membrane across it.
Both problems were congenital and have been cleared using balloons rather than stents. My Azygous vein was O.K.
Already my voice is clear and strong, last night there were none of the sleep ...
Read more : Back from Poland | Views : 14981 | Replies : 82

Regarding Dr. Zamboni's article

I couldn't wait anymore, so I called the Journal of Vascular Surgery, who directed me to the editors at Elsevier.

They told me that the article should be on-line sometime this week. The original date for publication of the December issue was November 24th, but that was delayed as a result of usual processing delays.

Apparently they've been getting a number of calls about it...
Read more : Regarding Dr. Zamboni's article | Views : 5223 | Replies : 28

Great CTV/W5 article for new people

If you click around on the CTV/W5 site you find this, but I thought I'd make it easier for new people. It's a great CCSVI synopsis.

http://tinyurl.com/yh2ebgv
Read more : Great CTV/W5 article for new people | Views : 1468 | Replies : 1

NHS- their concerns are expressed....

First releases coming out from NHS express the following:

ConclusionThis is valuable research that builds on what is known about the physiological changes that occur in the venous system draining the brain and spinal cord in people with MS. The findings also indicate that there are differences in the venous abnormities in people with the four different disease courses of MS. This suggests that the venous obstruction and its location may have a role in ...
Read more : NHS- their concerns are expressed.... | Views : 1790 | Replies : 10

There's something going on in Italy: Zamboni blocked

Hi all,

On our Dutch forum, someone posted a mesage from an Italian MS forum, about Zamboni being very frustrated because eveyone is blocking his research.

Because my Italian is very bad (it only can buy food in restaurants :D ), I am looking for help. Can someone translate and understand what's going on?

This is the information I could gather:

Taken form the italian MS ...
Read more : There's something going on in Italy: Zamboni blocked | Views : 4757 | Replies : 22

Anomalous venous blood flow and iron deposition in multiple

Image Multiple sclerosis (MS) is primarily an autoimmune disorder of unknown origin.

This review focuses iron overload and oxidative stress as surrounding cause that leads to immunomodulation in chronic MS. Iron overload has been demonstrated in MS lesions, as a feature common with other neurodegenerative disorders.

However, the recent description of chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency (CCSVI) associated to MS, with significant anomalies in cerebral venous outflow hemodynamics, permit to propose a parallel with chronic venous ...
Read more : Anomalous venous blood flow and iron deposition in multiple | Views : 1501 | Replies : 0

UK: Article on ‘NHS choices’ website re CCSVI

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/11November/Pages/MS-and-blood-flow-from-the-brain.aspx

Great news that CCSVI is slowly creeping onto the UK NHS radar but this is somewhat tempered in that the information listed doesn’t quite correlate with what I’ve already read elsewhere about CCSVI. This is quite sad because a number of UK health professionals refer to this site and may well be influenced by the underlying tone of the article. Reading between the lines, they seem to be pushing the angle that it is ...
Read more : UK: Article on ‘NHS choices’ website re CCSVI | Views : 1889 | Replies : 5

Circulation problems, anyone?

Hi there, This is my first post!

I have 'mild' MS, and bad circulation in my feet and hands; they are always cold. I read somewhere that a woman who had the vein surgery had the unexpected side effect of getting warm hands and feet for the first time in years.
It all seems to me to be adding up...
Also, I almost always set off the metal detectors when going through security checks at ...
Read more : Circulation problems, anyone? | Views : 4351 | Replies : 13

Might CCSVI be caused by a VIRUS?

Hello from a newbie!

Several blogs on Dr Zamboni's stunning breakthrough have alluded to a thought-provoking and important (potential) paradox: a) Why is MS more prevalent in colder climates (eg. Canada)? b) How do we reconcile this with Zamboni’s finding of structural changes in veins?

Here is my kick at the can – mostly a collection of (potentially connected) observations and hypotheses:
1) Higher latitudes have less sun;
2) Less sun = less vitamin D ...
Read more : Might CCSVI be caused by a VIRUS? | Views : 2474 | Replies : 5

Jeff's Wonderful Music

I watched A Dog Named Christmas tonight. Jeff's music was lovely and so perfectly tuned with the moods and action in the film. I'm sure he has always been a fine composer, but I'm especially touched tonight knowing that the "Liberation" treatment may enable him to do even more both professionally and for his family in the future.

My hope for each of us with MS is that we will be able to unleash the ...
Read more : Jeff's Wonderful Music | Views : 1962 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241215 • Total topics 26395 • Total members 17569

Contact us | Terms of Service