It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:42 pm

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Need a workable, simple definition of CCSVI & stenting

Hi everyone,

I've mentioned this elsewhere in posts, but now I'm starting a new thread about the huge need for a short, simple definition of CCSVI that explains the concept and stenting for both the jugular and azygous veins.

Perhaps everyone can help develop one???

Otherwise, I'm afraid patients aren't going to be telling their doctors much of anything.

After all, a major symptom in MS is cognitive problems, so a boiled-down definition would help ...
Read more : Need a workable, simple definition of CCSVI & stenting | Views : 1834 | Replies : 7

Anyone been to Stanford who has no CCSVI?

Well, the question sounds silly so I must explain it.

Apart from me another german woman had her veins checked by Dr. Simka in Poland via doppler without finding any problems in the jugulars.

But at least in my case Dr. Schelling said after seeing my MRT's that I have quite definitely a problem with the veins concerning the lesions in my head (I also have lesions in the spine but the azygos vein can't ...
Read more : Anyone been to Stanford who has no CCSVI? | Views : 4332 | Replies : 21

Questions - Possible New Underlying Cause Of MS Investigated

I came across this article and though it was interesting, but I have some questions of my own that it raises.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/168653.php

Possible New Underlying Cause Of MS Investigated By Neurologists

“The possibility that the symptoms of MS result from narrowing of the primary veins outside the skull, a condition called "chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency," or CCSVI” - (Now I want you to notice the words possibility & symptoms ...
Read more : Questions - Possible New Underlying Cause Of MS Investigated | Views : 1055 | Replies : 1

Read more : 123 | Views : 1333 | Replies : 8

Read more : 123 | Views : 967 | Replies : 1

what do I need from my GP? (pre/post stent)

I am going in for my first GP doctor visit since I was a child for a full checkup - I have a neurologist, but never had a regular doctor.

But since I am going out to Stanford in December, I thought I should probably get one, to help deal with the post-op blood thinner stuff, etc.

OK, so in addition to letting him take my health measure across the board, I want to prepare ...
Read more : what do I need from my GP? (pre/post stent) | Views : 1098 | Replies : 3

Low jugular stenosis, SCM muscle, and inspiration

Collapses low down in the jugular veins, one-sided (unilateral) or both-sided (bilateral) is the second most common type of blockage found by Dr. Dake. They are above the clavicle/collar bone, at the intersection of sternocleidomastoid (SCM) muscle and jugular vein. The SCM muscle is an accessory muscle of inspiration, i.e. it helps holding up the windpipe when you inhale. In another thread (http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8518.html
) we consequently had some discussion ...
Read more : Low jugular stenosis, SCM muscle, and inspiration | Views : 2224 | Replies : 4

Science Daily on CCSVI - word is spreading!

I haven't seen this posted yet. My apologies in advance if it's been posted elsewhere. I learned some new things I didn't know:

Neurologists Investigate Possible New Underlying Cause Of Multiple Sclerosis

ScienceDaily (Oct. 27, 2009) — Neurologists at the University at Buffalo are beginning a research study that could overturn the prevailing wisdom on the cause of multiple sclerosis (MS).

The researchers will test the possibility that the symptoms of MS result from narrowing ...
Read more : Science Daily on CCSVI - word is spreading! | Views : 1734 | Replies : 10

Relapser's, Here's your poll about MS symptoms--

Unfortunately we obviously don't have everyones results in the tracking thread. I have added a simple poll just to get an idea of how people are doing. If you have had a procedure (angio or stent) and are RR please fill this out one time!
Thanks
Read more : Relapser's, Here's your poll about MS symptoms-- | Views : 1025 | Replies : 2

Poll re MS symptoms for progressives who have been treated -

Unfortunately we obviously don't have everyones results in the tracking thread. I have added a simple poll just to get an idea of how people are doing. If you have had a procedure (angio or stent) and are SP or PP please fill this out one time!
Thanks
Read more : Poll re MS symptoms for progressives who have been treated - | Views : 1459 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221694 • Total topics 23016 • Total members 14540

Contact us | Terms of Service