It is currently Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:28 pm

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Symposium on Spinal Cord injury/repair. Video.

Hi all, I know there's not much new under the sun here, this was mentioned awhile ago but the video is great for newbies like me and oldbies too! I stumbled across this on the Research Channel and was fascinated by it all.

Also it is good at explaining in picture form some of the various processes as it relates to oligodendrocytes, myelin, calcium and sodium channels, etc etc.

FWIW applies here of course.

This ...
Read more : Symposium on Spinal Cord injury/repair. Video. | Views : 994 | Replies : 0

Which comes first? Candida, CCSVI or MS?

This will be a long post, but please bear with me and hear me out. I have NO medical background, I’m just another MS patient on a similar search for answers to the question, What causes MS.
My little uneducated brain keeps coming to the conclusion that we are what we eat and absorb through our skin and breath from our environment. I can’t wrap my head around the thought that our own bodies would ...
Read more : Which comes first? Candida, CCSVI or MS? | Views : 3117 | Replies : 9

New to the forum

While I have been lurking for a while so I thought I would introduce my self. My name is Jason I am 36 and I was DX'd almost 1 year ago RRMS and found the CCSVI info about 2 months ago so I am scheduled with my PCP the 23rd to get a refferal to Stanford then hopefully that portion can happen quickly, luckily I live just north of Phoenix so Stanford is not to ...
Read more : New to the forum | Views : 1481 | Replies : 7

Zamboni at Charcot foundation meeting !!!!

The CCSVI Facebook page has a new entry this morning about the Charcot Foundation Meeting in Europe. Apparently Dr. Zamboni and Dr. Salvi will have their CCSVI posters there. It's being held in Lisbon November 12, 13 and 14. I was disappointed that Dr. Zamboni is not giving a talk !!!! We all know the lack of impact of his posters at ECTRIMS. The Charcot foundation page has a button survey to see if a ...
Read more : Zamboni at Charcot foundation meeting !!!! | Views : 1827 | Replies : 5

Clexane injections (Heparin)

My little story about Clexane:
Some of you know I was scared to inject myself.
I am lucky I do not have any psychological block against it.
Day before the procedure, a nurse injected it. I was watching. She started about 15 cm far from my belly and the needle was inside. After she pushed slowly the syringe to inject the liquid inside of my skin. It was over and little bit painful for about ...
Read more : Clexane injections (Heparin) | Views : 2351 | Replies : 10

Funding for Buffalo CTEVD study !! What can WE do !!??

From Sawdoggie on another thread :

"The good news is, they are very optimistic that they are on to something and the first phase of the study will be released either late this month or early in December. I specifially mentioned to Dr. Weinstock-Guttman that the press release and press conference seemed very confident and she confirmed that it was. The first phase is going to include roughly 500 people and after this they will ...
Read more : Funding for Buffalo CTEVD study !! What can WE do !!?? | Views : 1465 | Replies : 5

New MRI Scanner at UCL Institute of Neurology in London

Roads Closed For Powerful MRI Scanner Delivery

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/164719.php

Roads were closed in central London on Saturday as a new high-powered, six tonne MRI scanner was installed at the UCL Institute of Neurology in Queen Square.

The new scanner is more powerful than previous ones and will allow much better images to be taken of the effects of MS throughout its course.

Professor David Miller from the Institute of Neurology, ...
Read more : New MRI Scanner at UCL Institute of Neurology in London | Views : 1317 | Replies : 4

"Crawling T-Cells?

Stumbled over this article and thought I'd share

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/170153.php

Real-Time Observation Sheds New Light On Multiple Sclerosis
Scientists at the Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, the University Medical Center Göttingen, using a two-photon microscope, succeeded in tracing the movements of aggressive T-cells. Outside the nervous system, the T- cells moved just as we would expect them to; most cells were floating along with the flow of the bloodstream. "Things ...
Read more : "Crawling T-Cells? | Views : 890 | Replies : 1

MS lesions and edema

This is interesting...

Acute Multiple Sclerosis Lesion: Conversion of Restricted Diffusion Due to Vasogenic Edema.

J Neuroimaging. 2009 Nov 3.
Balashov KE, Aung LL, Dhib-Jalbut S, Keller IA.
From the Departments of Neurology (KB, LLA, SD-J); Department of Radiology (IAK), UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey.

It is widely accepted that acute demyelinating plaques in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) demonstrate increased apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) and increased diffusion weighted ...
Read more : MS lesions and edema | Views : 1478 | Replies : 3

[b]New Tool To Accelerate Discovery Of Autoimmune Disease Me

This looked interesting, but it was more than my non-medical gray matter can process, lol.

New Tool To Accelerate Discovery Of Autoimmune Disease Mechanisms And Therapies

Currently, 5 - 8% of the U.S. population is afflicted with an autoimmune disease.
To help researchers investigate these common pathways, The Jackson Laboratory has published Pathways to Discovery: Autoimmune Diseases (http://www.jax.org/jaxmice/pathways/autoimmune), a unique, interactive, and publicly accessible online resource that illustrates the genetic networks involved in five ...
Read more : [b]New Tool To Accelerate Discovery Of Autoimmune Disease Me | Views : 971 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227153 • Total topics 23953 • Total members 15298

Contact us | Terms of Service