It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:06 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Procedure in Poland

Today, it was the first procedure/surgery in Poland made by Dr. Simka and his team. Of course, successful!
Erika
Read more : Procedure in Poland | Views : 33051 | Replies : 87

Rhonda's Consultation and Surgery DAY!

I'm leaving soon to meet with Dr. Dake. Sharon has offered to post for me as soon as I can update her. Wish me luck!
Read more : Rhonda's Consultation and Surgery DAY! | Views : 6365 | Replies : 49

CCSVI Research Funds

There are now three funds dedicated to CCSVI research, and I thought it would be useful to have them all in one place. I’ve listed the link to the TIMS discussion on the topic relating to the fund as well as the link to each fund. The three funds are:

1. Dr. Dake’s MS Innovations Fund at Stanford University. If you donate to this fund, please remember to note that your donation is in memory ...
Read more : CCSVI Research Funds | Views : 1205 | Replies : 0

Rose Testing/Stents

Hi All.
I go to Stanford tomorrow Oct 19/ Stenting Oct 20th if indicated.
I did write somewhere I would start a thread to enter my experiences if you want to read.
I just spent an hour writing this then pushed something and it disappeared, so I think this will be shorter. Lucky for you!

Dx 2001 RRMS still. Diagnosed and hospitalized for over a week in 2001 at Stanford so I do have a ...
Read more : Rose Testing/Stents | Views : 13797 | Replies : 125

CCSVI and Chronic Sinusitis?

I just recently had my first allergy test appointment, and the doctor told me be believed I had chronic sinusitis... then I read about sleeping positions at http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8455.html and it made me wonder if there's a lot more people with MS that have nasal congestion every morning? (Every morning I have to spit out a little phlegm that seems lodged in my throat... this is from as far as ...
Read more : CCSVI and Chronic Sinusitis? | Views : 1449 | Replies : 4

Compassionate Treatment

I am going to throw this highly speculative post in here about compassionate use of new experimental technology.

I believe it is time to acknowledge the truth we all know on some level but do not want to discuss.

Dr Dake can't possibly treat all the MSers who want help.

AND at some point, he will be required to do a trial with inclusion criteria. As soon as he is required to outline an actual ...
Read more : Compassionate Treatment | Views : 5111 | Replies : 38

Opinions of likely changes please after ccsvi

I am very keen to have this procedure and would welcome your input on changes I can expect.
I have been diagnosed with Primary Progressive for twelve years now.
I'm guessing my EDSS is about 6.5.
What are my chances of improvement, or at least stabilization?
Is there anyone in a similar position to me who's had it? How did it go?
Thanks
Read more : Opinions of likely changes please after ccsvi | Views : 1377 | Replies : 5

Timing on replies from Stanford

I am so excited and anxious to get my chance! How long after our latest honored invitee's to Stanford sent their info in did they got their invitations to go?
I realize they must be getting inundated with requests, especially after this weeks news articles! I'm just wondering how long is this backlog.
Read more : Timing on replies from Stanford | Views : 893 | Replies : 1

radeck's Stanford experience

I had an MRV Wed night and have have an appointment with Dr. Dake Monday morning (hey Rhonda and Rose, hope to run into you...).

Not much informative to say at this point, except that the technician doing the MRA said afterwards that I breathed really regularly and that made the images come out crisp. I wasn't aware that this mattered, so y'all might want to practice some deep breathing before the next scan. I ...
Read more : radeck's Stanford experience | Views : 7382 | Replies : 58

CCSVI and sweating, etc

Hellou again, I'm always asking questions and once again. This time about ccsvi and it's relation to temperature issues and sweating. Many operated people has said that they have felt better dealing with hot/warm weather and sweating also.

Is there scientific explanation for this, yet? Thank you.
Read more : CCSVI and sweating, etc | Views : 974 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222345 • Total topics 23094 • Total members 14620

Contact us | Terms of Service