It is currently Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:12 pm

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

EPA and blood thinners

Hello, I'm going to have the procedure with Dr Simka in December.
I currently take fish body oil by the bucketful and my blood has become very thin and slow to clot.
I dont know my INR but assume it would not be a good idea to continue with the EPA/EFA as you all seem to go onto blood thinners post procedure.
I'm guessing that my blood would be way too thin if I continued ...
Read more : EPA and blood thinners | Views : 1247 | Replies : 5

PM - Brainteaser

Brainteaser - check your PM box please
Read more : PM - Brainteaser | Views : 881 | Replies : 1

Stem Cells, Remyelination and Repair

Stem Cells, Remyelination and Repair in the Central Nervous System: Prospects for Multiple Sclerosis

Saturday, November 21, 2009 from 7:00 AM to 1:30 PM
The Wayne State University fifth annual Multiple Sclerosis Symposium.

This caught my eye because somewhere in this forum I saw mentioned that an IR from Wayne State was becoming involved with CCSVI, maybe through Dr Haacke? Anyway, now that I have stents, the next ...
Read more : Stem Cells, Remyelination and Repair | Views : 2170 | Replies : 10

Eye doctors and CCSVI

Hi all, I have my annual eye exam next week. Just a regular checkup. Thankfully I've never had ON or any eye other issues, other than being near sighted. Earlier this year I dropped off Dr. Z's December 2008 paper and the Charring Cross paper to my eye doctor. Next week I'll bring him up to date with Dr. Dake, the September conference, Dr. Haacke's website and the Jacobs study.
My question is -- is ...
Read more : Eye doctors and CCSVI | Views : 1155 | Replies : 2

CCSVI and MS Heat Sensitivity

Hypothesis : CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis and why people with MS are so heat sensitive

Ozarkcanoer - November 5, 2009

Temperature sensitivity and selective brain cooling in humans : From Dean Falk - University at Albany, SUNY :

The human brain is an exquisitely heat-sensitive organ. According to noted vascular physiologist, Mary Ann Baker: “A rise of only four or five degrees C above normal begins to disturb brain functions. For example, high fevers in ...
Read more : CCSVI and MS Heat Sensitivity | Views : 1437 | Replies : 2

translation issues

just wanted to say that it would be nice and helpful to foreign people who don't speak english that well if you could try to use simple and "schoolbook" english on things that contain real information about CCSVI and procedure, if possible. Most of non-english speakers use programs like google translator. Medical terms are no problem, but inofficial abbrevations and slang words are. If you refer to jugular vein as jug... well.

I really ...
Read more : translation issues | Views : 1104 | Replies : 4

Narcotic sensitivity

Doesn't seem like an awful lot of us are narcotic sensitive? This doesn't seem as frequent in my non-ms friends. Why would that be?
Read more : Narcotic sensitivity | Views : 904 | Replies : 0

How long until you drove after the procedure?

Hey, I was just wondering how long it was before you 'stenters' starting driving again after the procedure. I know it will vary due to several factors, I am just looking for a range.
Read more : How long until you drove after the procedure? | Views : 1343 | Replies : 8

Blast off in 4, 3, 2, 1...

Blast off in 4, 3, 2, 1...

Okay, I just got back from Disneyland a few weeks ago. One of my favorite rides is California Screamin’ , the roller coaster. When we go, we ride this, a lot. Several years ago, after we returned, I watched my kiddos playing in the back yard. My youngest would load up his big sister and brother in the wagon and then recite, “Blast off in 4, 3, 2, ...
Read more : Blast off in 4, 3, 2, 1... | Views : 5182 | Replies : 45

How to really perform USG Doppler?

Last week we managed to get the examination and USG in one of the best institutes for vascular and heart diseases in Slovakia. When I started explaining to one young doctor (angiologist) about CCSVI and showed him the report from Dr. Simka he was very surprised and decided to call all his colleagues to come down to him. (Well that was really funny, because I felt like an expert making a lecture for them, which ...
Read more : How to really perform USG Doppler? | Views : 1273 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227822 • Total topics 24080 • Total members 15416

Contact us | Terms of Service