It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:32 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Practical question on operation technique

I'm sorry if I have missed the explanation of this (and the laziness in not searching the net for angioplasty... :oops: ). Nonetheless, from what I understand, both the stenting or ballooning of veins using "key-hole" entry would require that the surgeon has a "view" as to the real-time placement / location of the stent or balloon.

My question is, is / has / was this done ...
Read more : Practical question on operation technique | Views : 1406 | Replies : 9

What a wonderful trip!

Hi All!

We went to Stanford on Thursday. Mel had her MRV, MRI. No need for an ultrasound now apparently.

Blood work too.

Met with Dr. Dake, he was just back from Lisbon and is heading over to Liverpool (my home town) in October.

Mel's stents look great, the flow is good and she can stop all the drugs apart from a baby aspirin forever.

Mel still feels great, so much so when she had ...
Read more : What a wonderful trip! | Views : 7086 | Replies : 66

New Here

Hi All.
I am new to this site. Dx RRMS 2001 with more sx than I want to write about. Permanently disabled from my career.
I am very excited to learn about CCSVI and I have all of my paperwork into Dr. Dake.
Alex said my chart is on his desk so I am anxiously waiting for a call from him.
How long did most of you guys have to wait? I know he has ...
Read more : New Here | Views : 1547 | Replies : 14

Dr Dake Contact Info

Read more : Dr Dake Contact Info | Views : 2984 | Replies : 5

Welcome to Retta and other new visitors-

Just wanted to welcome new visitors to the site. We've been referring folks here from Facebook and other places to come and learn-

Learn all you can about CCSVI. Read the research sticky and the long, long thread. Check out the glossary, there are alot of new terms. Become acquainted with the search function. Most every question you can think of has been discussed before.

As far as diagnosis and treatment- I recommend that individuals ...
Read more : Welcome to Retta and other new visitors- | Views : 857 | Replies : 1

IVIg

Hello everyone. Because I am highly allergic to copaxone and my body blocks the effects of the interferons my doctor has me on an "off-label" treatment for MS which is a once a month infusion of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg). I have been trying to figure out how this fits in with the CCSVI model for MS and have been having difficulty figuring it out. From what I can understand IVIg is antibodies extracted from plasma ...
Read more : IVIg | Views : 1211 | Replies : 6

exercise and CCSVI

hey all, I am still on the newbie-train when it comes to CCSVI and thus I don't necessarily understand everything. So, wanted to see what you all thought about the implications of CCSVI on exercise. If there is a blockage in the vein which causes reflux, and if exercise increases blood flow, wouldn't exercise result in worsening of the condition because of increased reflux? Conversely, would lowering the blood pressure have positive effects on MS/CCSVI? ...
Read more : exercise and CCSVI | Views : 1320 | Replies : 3

Quick Update From Mel & Jamie @ follow up!

All is great, scans look good for flow in both jugs, off the meds and see Dr. Dake in a year. Didn't have the MRI ready, but Mel's MRI has been stable since hicy anyway, and with all due respect we'd only be bothered about that if she hadn't shown a 100% turnaround. If we were searching for 'evidence' you know? But we're not. The evidence is there everytime I look at her.

Lots more ...
Read more : Quick Update From Mel & Jamie @ follow up! | Views : 1136 | Replies : 8

Horse Chestnut??

My wife just had some varicose veins fixed up. The doctor suggested she start taking 'horse chestnut extract', that it is tremendous for veins and he feels even works as good as the compression stockings that she is also supposed to use.
Just wondering if it might not be a bad supplement to use..

"The herb horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) is one of the most widely used natural treatments for varicose veins and chronic venous ...
Read more : Horse Chestnut?? | Views : 1976 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219648 • Total topics 22677 • Total members 14293

Contact us | Terms of Service