It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Niacin

Hi, Found this online and I was wondering if Niacin could help to reverse mild stenosis and help with blood flow.

2) Niacin (nicotinic acid): We recommend 100mg to 3 grams, thirty minutes before meals and at bed hour, and also during the night if awake – whichever dose will produce a strong body flush. Niacin dilates the blood vessels, even those that have been compressed by scar tissue, allowing a greater amount of nutrient ...
Read more : Niacin | Views : 2063 | Replies : 15

Places that offer CCSVI??

I have been researching for awhile now and couldn't find another place that offers the procedure except for stanford. If anybody has any other information about other places that offer it please share it with us.

P.S.: Can anybody provide me with the contact info of the people in charge of the procedure in Stanford.
Read more : Places that offer CCSVI?? | Views : 961 | Replies : 1

18 months

It was mentioned in Bologna, that progressive MS is continuing to progress for 18 months after the balloon procedure, and then some recovery is beginning. Any theories on what might be going on with that?

Here's mine: the progressive MS brain and spinal chord are continuing to decline until the buildup of iron (from before treatment) is somehow mitigated by the body. Apparently, it takes the body 18 months to deal with the iron.

Rokkit
Read more : 18 months | Views : 1099 | Replies : 3

Round 2 post

I say round 2 because I think my visit might be more than just a check up on the stents on my right side (my only ones). I will be greatly dissapointed if he says "everything looks great! We're not going back in". I don't imagine that will be the case, but here is the thread where I am going to post what he does decide to do with me next week. I hope more ...
Read more : Round 2 post | Views : 6160 | Replies : 66

CCSVI - Aussie Action!

Hi All,

Just to let any Aussies out there know that Cure and I are on the hunt for vascular surgeons in Australia who might be prepared to become involved with CCSVI. We've got a few names who seem interested - 2 saw Dr Simka's presentation in Monaco and another knows Dr Dake.

Personally, timing is important - the sooner the better; especially with the long hot Australian summer not too far away.

Prof Zamboni ...
Read more : CCSVI - Aussie Action! | Views : 130622 | Replies : 851

NEW PAPER- venous blood flow and iron deposition in MS

Anomalous venous blood flow and iron deposition in multiple sclerosis

link to abstract

Ajay Vikram Singh1 and Paolo Zamboni2

1Department of Physics, European School of Molecular Medicine (SEMM), IFOM-IEO Campus, Centro Interdisciplinare Materiali e Interfacce Nanostrutturati (CIMAINA), University of Milan, Milan, Italy
2Vascular Diseases Center, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Correspondence: Professor P Zamboni, Director Vascular Diseases Center, University of Ferrara, Milan, Italy. E-mail: zmp@unife.it

Received 27 ...
Read more : NEW PAPER- venous blood flow and iron deposition in MS | Views : 4933 | Replies : 24

only in MSer's?

Is CCSVI only found in people with MS? If so, could the detection of CCSVI be used to help diagnose MS?

Anyone in Canada been tested or treated for CCSVI? Just wonderring how our medical plan deals with this, particularly in B.C..

Thanks
Mike
Read more : only in MSer's? | Views : 972 | Replies : 2

CCSVI Doppler Demonstration on YouTube

Here ya go guys. It pays to be married to a geek :D
Jeff helped me convert the PAL DVD from the Bologna conference into a youtube video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFe-3h26Vs

Hope it helps-
cheer
Read more : CCSVI Doppler Demonstration on YouTube | Views : 2410 | Replies : 4

Genetics/Azygous

At the symposium, Dake at least acknowledged something that has concerned me a lot when he said he didn't know why he wasn't seeing much azygous trouble compared to Zamboni's 86%.

Since Zamboni has seen primarily Italians, and Dake primarily Americans, is it possible there's some genetic pool predisposing Italians to congenital azygous issues? I realize most Americans were Europeans 200 years ago, but still.

It seems that if there were such a difference then ...
Read more : Genetics/Azygous | Views : 1305 | Replies : 8

Radiologist and Zamboni's sample video

Hi all.

I have a wonderful radiologist who is very interested in CCSVI and we want to have a Doppler scan performed on me. He has been researching how it is done (hopefully, he has studied in Italy, speaks the language and knows some of the people appearing on the papers!!!) but he would also like o have the video that Zamboni mentioned at the conference.

Does anybody know if it is or will be ...
Read more : Radiologist and Zamboni's sample video | Views : 1443 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216595 • Total topics 22130 • Total members 13918