It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:55 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Immune system activates after injury

Something that we know but interesting nevertheless.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 173130.htm

"Our findings suggest that inhibiting or depleting B lymphocytes, the cells that produce antibodies, may promote healing and reduce the long-term effects of spinal cord injury," says study leader Phillip G. Popovich, professor of neuroscience and of molecular virology, immunology and medical genetics and director of the Center for Brain and Spinal Cord Repair.

"They may also help explain ...
Read more : Immune system activates after injury | Views : 1538 | Replies : 10

excited about vascular consult :)

Scheduled a consult on Oct 1st with a doctor named Razavi in Orange CA.
Info from his site:

Dr. Razavi specializes in image-guided therapy for cancer and endovascular treatment of vascular disease including carotid artery stent placement. Before moving to Southern California, he was an Associate Professor of Interventional Radiology at the Stanford University Medical Center and the Director of the fellowship program. He had also served as the Acting Chief of Interventional Radiology at ...
Read more : excited about vascular consult :) | Views : 1938 | Replies : 12

Sending Health History and MRI CD to Dr. Dake!

Hello Everyone :)
I had a wonderful conversation with Alex yesterday. We bonded over our mutal roots in the East Bay! I'll overnight my stuff today so that it can be on Dr. Dake's desk on Thursday morning when he is in. Then I wait for his call. My insurance is fine, whew!!! I prompted Alex to save a spot for me in mid-December. They are booked ...
Read more : Sending Health History and MRI CD to Dr. Dake! | Views : 2281 | Replies : 20

Astrocytes and cerebral blood flow

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm surprised that no one (as far as I can tell) has delved into the link between what Dignan has called the two biggest recent developments in MS -- CCSVI and the possibly integral role astrocytes play in the development of MS.

I've only quickly scanned a couple of abstracts, but it seems that there's a lot of research about astrocytes playing a critical role in cerebral blood flow. Could ...
Read more : Astrocytes and cerebral blood flow | Views : 1904 | Replies : 24

Surgery?

If this surgery is so simple, why are only two doctors doing it?
Read more : Surgery? | Views : 1027 | Replies : 4

Jacob's Clinic Study?

Has anyone been accepted in to the study at the Jacobs clinic? I called but haven't got an answer yet.
Does anybody know if there is any inclusion/exclusion criteria they are using?
I want this tested, then I will check out the costs to get to Italy or Stanford!
Read more : Jacob's Clinic Study? | Views : 1714 | Replies : 12

Ashton Embry on CCSVI

In case it hasn't been posted here yet, I found his article here

CCSVI – A Huge Breakthrough in MS?
http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/sho ... 418&page=2
Read more : Ashton Embry on CCSVI | Views : 4736 | Replies : 34

FDA- tysabri and a thought-

New warning from out this week from the FDA- PML seems to be a growing complication in only MS patients. But is not a concern in Crohns. If we consider PML within the CCSVI paradigm, we can see how slowed venous return and blood deposition into brain tissue could allow for a virus like PML to attack the brain. Shouldn't the docs be asking "Why no PML in other patients using Tysabri? Why is it ...
Read more : FDA- tysabri and a thought- | Views : 994 | Replies : 5

A CCSVI Patient Log: All About Steve

This is Steve’s treatment and recovery log. The Stanford imaging and surgery are scheduled for 9/28 and 9/29. I thought it appropriate to start with his MS symptoms and history. Please forgive me if some of the future entries are very dry and clinical.

About the man: Steve is 56, ½ Sicilian, ¼ Italian, 1/8 Irish, and 1/8 German. He was born and raised in Schenectady, NY, and he’s lived in the Dallas area for ...
Read more : A CCSVI Patient Log: All About Steve | Views : 24262 | Replies : 145

Insurance denied for MRV

Any hints on what dx local vascular doc can use? He went with the swollen ankle angle.

Medicare is primary and XYZ is secondary. The secondary denied. I am keeping the name of XYZ confidential. :evil:

I can't physically go to Stanford.
Read more : Insurance denied for MRV | Views : 840 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218765 • Total topics 22548 • Total members 14196