It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:52 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Horse Chestnut??

My wife just had some varicose veins fixed up. The doctor suggested she start taking 'horse chestnut extract', that it is tremendous for veins and he feels even works as good as the compression stockings that she is also supposed to use.
Just wondering if it might not be a bad supplement to use..

"The herb horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) is one of the most widely used natural treatments for varicose veins and chronic venous ...
Read more : Horse Chestnut?? | Views : 1985 | Replies : 12

After the procedure...

Has everyone stayed on an MS drug?

Also, has anyone had any adverese effects from the procedure?
Read more : After the procedure... | Views : 1724 | Replies : 11

To what extent are stenoses and reflux congenital?

I am starting this thread in the hope that it can become a summary of evidence we have for the i) venous malformations and ii) venous flow anomalies being congenital on one side, as well as of arguments for CCSVI starting later in life on the other side. There's been some discussion over in the antibiotics forum of the stenosis being caused by Cpn, etc:

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-6670-day ... asc-0.html

On ...
Read more : To what extent are stenoses and reflux congenital? | Views : 1886 | Replies : 11

CCSVI occluded veins

Hi,
I was wondering whether y'all could anwser a quick question I have?...

Why do some people present with inflammation on MRI's and others don't, even from the start of their disease?

Even if its the jugulars that are effected like in myself, no enhancement has ever shown (although ESR levels are high)

L
Read more : CCSVI occluded veins | Views : 1681 | Replies : 13

Coincidence?? It just can't be...

Ok. I just had to share this with you all. I stopped to get my mail this morning and struck up a conversation with a fellow dog walker. She mentioned that her and her husband were both physicians. After a bit, I asked what his specialty was... Drum roll... He is an Intervential Radiologist! I asked her to ask him what he thought of this. She seemed really interested and said she was going home ...
Read more : Coincidence?? It just can't be... | Views : 1677 | Replies : 10

Anybody going to be at Stanford the 1st week in November?

I go back for my followup on the 3rd.

My husband and I would love to meet others who are there.

Cat
Read more : Anybody going to be at Stanford the 1st week in November? | Views : 1711 | Replies : 12

Immune system activates after injury

Something that we know but interesting nevertheless.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 173130.htm

"Our findings suggest that inhibiting or depleting B lymphocytes, the cells that produce antibodies, may promote healing and reduce the long-term effects of spinal cord injury," says study leader Phillip G. Popovich, professor of neuroscience and of molecular virology, immunology and medical genetics and director of the Center for Brain and Spinal Cord Repair.

"They may also help explain ...
Read more : Immune system activates after injury | Views : 1553 | Replies : 10

excited about vascular consult :)

Scheduled a consult on Oct 1st with a doctor named Razavi in Orange CA.
Info from his site:

Dr. Razavi specializes in image-guided therapy for cancer and endovascular treatment of vascular disease including carotid artery stent placement. Before moving to Southern California, he was an Associate Professor of Interventional Radiology at the Stanford University Medical Center and the Director of the fellowship program. He had also served as the Acting Chief of Interventional Radiology at ...
Read more : excited about vascular consult :) | Views : 1951 | Replies : 12

Sending Health History and MRI CD to Dr. Dake!

Hello Everyone :)
I had a wonderful conversation with Alex yesterday. We bonded over our mutal roots in the East Bay! I'll overnight my stuff today so that it can be on Dr. Dake's desk on Thursday morning when he is in. Then I wait for his call. My insurance is fine, whew!!! I prompted Alex to save a spot for me in mid-December. They are booked ...
Read more : Sending Health History and MRI CD to Dr. Dake! | Views : 2298 | Replies : 20

Astrocytes and cerebral blood flow

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm surprised that no one (as far as I can tell) has delved into the link between what Dignan has called the two biggest recent developments in MS -- CCSVI and the possibly integral role astrocytes play in the development of MS.

I've only quickly scanned a couple of abstracts, but it seems that there's a lot of research about astrocytes playing a critical role in cerebral blood flow. Could ...
Read more : Astrocytes and cerebral blood flow | Views : 1950 | Replies : 24

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220332 • Total topics 22806 • Total members 14390

Contact us | Terms of Service