It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Tysabri "rebound"

Thanks to my brains (Marie Rhodes :lol: ), I have been looking into a rebound effect that is reported in Tysabri. I plan to bring this up to Dr. Dake and right now this is the donkey I'm pinning my non improving tail on. It makes sense and there is a bunch of informatin out there regarding this. This is a quickie article to explain it, but ...
Read more : Tysabri "rebound" | Views : 3070 | Replies : 24

hypoxia | memory & executive function

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but it sounds like one of the takeaways from the Bologna conference is that the damages of MS may be due to mild-but-sustained Ischemic hypoxia (or "hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy"), caused by screwed up flow dynamics in the brain.

Brain hypoxia is the condition in which there is a decrease in the oxygen supply to the brain even though there is adequate blood flow. If hypoxia lasts for long periods ...
Read more : hypoxia | memory & executive function | Views : 1161 | Replies : 4

Press Release- A good summary of event in Bologna

This was released to press on the 8th, I received it from the press office and it's up at Fondazione Hilarescere site. Again, I WISH (like all of you) we had copies of the Liberation results that will be published in the Vascular Journal next month...I do not have firm numbers to share, and that is frustrating. It's one thing to make statements, and another to have concrete numbers to back them up. I also ...
Read more : Press Release- A good summary of event in Bologna | Views : 4065 | Replies : 11

Catfreak's Recovery Notes

Patient: Cindi

Diagnosis: Probable MS 2/03 and RRMS 4/08 - at age 48

Lesions: multiple brain lesions, 8 or so, small, round and scattered

Symptoms: constant headache, ringing and buzzing in left ear, severe fatigue, bowel issues, depression, constant twitches in legs and occasionally in arms and hands, daily numbness and tingling in feet, legs, arms and hands, left hip pain, slight left foot drop when fatigued, severe heat intolerance, severe brain fog, problems with ...
Read more : Catfreak's Recovery Notes | Views : 14329 | Replies : 109

Not CCSVI but somewhat related

If you had heart surgery you will probably develop memory and cognitive problems.

Brain scientists and cardiac surgeons at Johns Hopkins have evidence from 227 heart bypass surgery patients that long-term memory losses and cognitive problems they experience are due to the underlying coronary artery disease itself and not ill after-effects from having used a heart-lung machine.

Neurologists on the study team say the results highlight the need for further research into the long-term consequences ...
Read more : Not CCSVI but somewhat related | Views : 850 | Replies : 1

Treatment in Italy - When?

Besides being Argentinian, I have Italian citizenship (Grazie tante Nonno) so it would be natural for me to go to Italy to get the treatment.

So, does anyone know or imagine or estimate when a treatment will be available there? As far as I know the procedure would be free for Italian citizens (?)

Thanks

EDIT: Changed the subject to reflect the contents better.
Read more : Treatment in Italy - When? | Views : 1579 | Replies : 6

Read more : 123 | Views : 1668 | Replies : 14

Dr Simka's PP presentation from Monaco

CLICK HERE FOR POWER POINT

Dr Simka has a brand new paper about to be published, here is a powerpoint presentation he gave in Monaco just last week on this new work. How about that--this is going all over the place all at once with these wonderful researchers really putting themselves into it.

He explains well the CCSVI paradigm and includes some nice graphics that demonstrate things such as the tight junctions of the BBB ...
Read more : Dr Simka's PP presentation from Monaco | Views : 2248 | Replies : 10

Read more : 123 | Views : 1011 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220059 • Total topics 22752 • Total members 14360

Contact us | Terms of Service