It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:23 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Advice

This sounds too good to be true! What is Dr. Dake's success rate? How do I contact Dr. Dake?
Read more : Advice | Views : 1180 | Replies : 2

suggestions for American journalists?

Need some assistance. I'm going over to the conference in Bologna (Jeff can't go- Monk and Ugly Betty are on the air now), and Dr. Z asked if we had any medical/health journalist connections to invite. All our friends are entertainment writers...not much med cred.

I've tried the head health desk writer at AP. Wow...she's quite the gal. I e-mailed her, had a follow up phone call where she told me, laughing, she would "never ...
Read more : suggestions for American journalists? | Views : 5179 | Replies : 45

PT/PTT INR tests, the basics

:)
Read more : PT/PTT INR tests, the basics | Views : 1796 | Replies : 4

Article about CVSI that may hold clues to CCSVI?

Okay--I'm new here and honestly, my eyes cross at some of the science underlying the theories (but believe me--I get the theory--that part seems amazingly simple!!). But I stumbled across this article and thought I'd throw it out there for those wiser than me to comment on. I apologize if this is old news....

There's a lot more in this article but this is what captured my attention, below.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... ...

Zamboni's new paper- Venous Collateral Circulation 8/09

the plot thickens....

Collateral Circulation in CCSVI

Abstract: A new nosologic vascular pattern that is defined by chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency (CCSVI) has been strongly associated with multiple sclerosis. The picture is characterized by significant obstacles of the main extracranial cerebrospinal veins, the jugular and the azygous system, and by the opening of substitute circles. The significance of collateral circle is still neglected. To the contrary, substitute circles are alternative pathways or vicarious ...
Read more : Zamboni's new paper- Venous Collateral Circulation 8/09 | Views : 1766 | Replies : 8

Dr. Dake Reviewed My CT Scans

I sent Dr. Dake my CT scans last week, and received a call from him today. Although the radiology report that came with my CT scans concluded that everything was "within normal ranges", Dr. Dake says that he detects that the very tops of my jugulars, at the C1-C2 level, are almost completely occluded, "pancaked" in his jargon. He spent quite some time with me on the phone, and explained that while he could not ...
Read more : Dr. Dake Reviewed My CT Scans | Views : 3468 | Replies : 25

Follow-Up w/ Local Endovascular Docs?

Hi All,

I've been in contact with Dr. Dake's office over the past month or so. Spoke with him once and Alex twice and faxed off a bundle of reports/letter. Will likely be scheduling soon.

As my medical history indicates cerebral venous flow & IJV issues, I'm probably a good CCSVI intervention candidate. And, clinically fatigue/cognitive fog is one of my most disabling symptoms taking me down daily. Although my walking is getting wonkier every ...
Read more : Follow-Up w/ Local Endovascular Docs? | Views : 1506 | Replies : 11

CCSVI Website: csvi-ms.net

Dear TIMS-Community!

We are very impressed by the work you have done over the last years and the achievements of TIMS for CCSVI. It’s just brilliant thank you so much guys!

As there is nothing comparable in Europe we decided to start something similar in Switzerland/Germany.

We created a platform, a website and a forum for CCSVI: http://csvi-ms.net

Currently, the page and the forum are in German because that’s ...
Read more : CCSVI Website: csvi-ms.net | Views : 5545 | Replies : 15

did anyone have a MRV before going to Dr. Dake?

I have a bunch of questions!

Just wondering if anyone had the testing done at their home and then sent the results to Dr. Dake at Stanford? And if so what did Dr. Dake have to say? I assume he ran the tests again when you arrived at Stanford? If the tests are run by him a second time did insurance cover both?

I have a skeptical family member who thinks I should be tested ...
Read more : did anyone have a MRV before going to Dr. Dake? | Views : 1158 | Replies : 4

Lady Stewart-Stanford Update

It is 8:45 pm Palo Alto - Sharon has been in her room for about 30 minutes. I spoke with her briefly - she had three stents - 2 left and 1 right (I think that is what she said---it has been a long day, so please excuse). She is groggy -- her throat hurts. Her sister Susann is with her - thanks Susan for coming all the way from Louisiana to stay by your ...
Read more : Lady Stewart-Stanford Update | Views : 4290 | Replies : 30

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220284 • Total topics 22795 • Total members 14387

Contact us | Terms of Service