It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:13 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Read more : 123 | Views : 794 | Replies : 0

Skepticism or ignorance?

Skepticism is certainly useful, especially in the clinical field, because it avoids unjustified enthusiasm for unproven theories.
Skeptics about the endovascular treatment of MS should probably bother to read the papers published by prof. Zamboni and his team. It seems to me an unlikely coincidence that they found a defective venous drainage from the brain, due to congenital anomalies of the jugular and/or the azygos veins, in 100% of the patients with proven MS. No ...
Read more : Skepticism or ignorance? | Views : 4162 | Replies : 40

More Questions on Palo Alto/San Jose

I completely stink at searching for anything on this site. So I need some help.

It has been discussed about ways to get from the San Jose airport to Palo Alto and vice-versa

This I found out:

1)Rental Car $$ can't afford this - husband wants to eat....
2)Taxi is about $50 each way -again this could be food money
3)Sheraton does NOT have a shuttle to and from the Airport

Are there other shuttles ...
Read more : More Questions on Palo Alto/San Jose | Views : 1018 | Replies : 4

Lisinopril blood pressure treatment

I was wondering what you people think about the recent study that was all over news using Lisinopril (a standard blood pressure medication with few side effects) to very effectively treat MS-like disease in rodents, in the context of this thread?

(see e.g. http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssHeal ... 4420090817)

In particular I wonder if the blood-pressure lowering property would be an additional benefit to the shift Lisinopril apparently induces in the T ...
Read more : Lisinopril blood pressure treatment | Views : 2081 | Replies : 5

Near 2 month update, follow up, spreading the word.

So we're nearly two months out.

In the last week Mel's slipped back a bit.

Nothing major and no MS type symptoms but the initial super energy has gone.

This has coincided with a weird feeling in her neck/jaw on the left side.

Again, she is still doing great but just a general feeling of tiredness is coming back a bit. However this has coincided with 12 hour work days, lots of stress and she's ...
Read more : Near 2 month update, follow up, spreading the word. | Views : 2966 | Replies : 21

Memorial for Holly

Memorial for Holly

“peekaboo”

Member of ThisIS MS since February 9, 2009

Joined her God August 19, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Holly will continue to contribute to multiple sclerosis
Research at the Human Brain and Spinal Fluid Center, LA Calif.

Quotes from Holly:
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:17 pm Post subject:
Hi kay -

TIMS has so many topics re:ms that it can keep you busy for some time. I hate to brag but ...
Read more : Memorial for Holly | Views : 2680 | Replies : 14

Stent Questions

A couple of stent question to quell my curiosity.
1. What did Zamboni mean by the following.
However, no attempt at a stenting procedure was made in the absence of a dedicated device capable of preventing migration. This device would fit the particular morphology of the intemal jugular vein, similar to a upside down milk bottle, and, finally avoid protrusion into the brachiocephalic trunk.

2. Where in relation to the stents Dr Dake is inserting, ...
Read more : Stent Questions | Views : 1236 | Replies : 6

Received another opinion, and off to NIH tomorrow

With what's going on with Holly, this seems incredibly unimportant, but I'll be gone for a few days and wanted to post this before I left.

Just to review, the report that came with my CT scan said that everything was "within normal ranges". Doctor Dake reported over the phone that he saw rather severe occlusions (pancaking) in both upper jugulars. I asked him to send me a written account of his impressions, and received ...
Read more : Received another opinion, and off to NIH tomorrow | Views : 2782 | Replies : 21

Read more : 123 | Views : 2807 | Replies : 28

Blood pressure drug reverses MS symptoms in mice.

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre57g4ke-us-ms-drug/

Would love to hear what my knowledgeable friends on this board think about this announcement. Drug that keeps blood vessels from contracting. Not as a new treatment per say--but seems this might fit into the CCSVI model.

CHICAGO, Aug. 17, 2009 (Reuters) — A widely used blood pressure drug may hold promise as a treatment for multiple sclerosis, U.S. researchers said on Monday.

Lab tests found the generic ...
Read more : Blood pressure drug reverses MS symptoms in mice. | Views : 3355 | Replies : 15

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221760 • Total topics 23026 • Total members 14551

Contact us | Terms of Service