It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:53 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Notes from CureIous' at Stanford

Just heard from CureIous' good friend Don who tells me that he left Op Prep at 4:30pm the op will be roughly 2hrs and recovery about 3hrs. He will be getting double jugs way up high and another set by the shoulder.
Read more : Notes from CureIous' at Stanford | Views : 41904 | Replies : 301

Fast turn around for Dake!

I mailed my records yesterday afternoon through Fed-Ex and they arrived at Stanford this morning. Dr. Dake called me at 2 pm HIS TIME to talk. Quite impressive. The guy must be a machine!!! Anyhow, I can come have the procedure if I like -- although the wait time is now pushed up to September, maybe even mid Sept. since there are another 25 people lined up after the 25 he has already done.
Read more : Fast turn around for Dake! | Views : 1481 | Replies : 9

Lew at Stanford 9/15

I'll be out for my follow up on the 15th, and surgery on the left side on the 16th if indicated. Any and all people who will be out there, let me know and we'll meet up!
Read more : Lew at Stanford 9/15 | Views : 1160 | Replies : 4

Vein relocation

This probably isn't a novel idea, but I don't know the answer and I would really like to. Would it be possible to take a health vein fron one's leg and replace the obstructed portion of the jugular with that? Stents sound unpleasant and the clotting aspect worries me some. Would this work?
Read more : Vein relocation | Views : 1611 | Replies : 9

LadyStewart, Are you at Stanford?

Hello LadyStewart, If you're at Stanford today/this week, I just wanted to wish you well. I thought someone had mentioned you were being tested today, so if you are, I'm thinking of you and hoping all goes well.
Read more : LadyStewart, Are you at Stanford? | Views : 928 | Replies : 1

Hi all, final pre-op report.

:)
Read more : Hi all, final pre-op report. | Views : 2522 | Replies : 19

Reminder

I just want to remind all that according to Zamboni's preliminary findings that having the CCSVI intervention improvement varies in time.

Go to page 75 stating recovery can take 4days to 4 months and further down the page was a Z test stating lower limb recovery as much as 6 months. and also mostly RRMS

We are not a patient society. We take pills for instant headache relief...microwave a potato so it will cook in ...
Read more : Reminder | Views : 1383 | Replies : 5

Post Hypoxic Demyelination

Another proposed mechanism of how CCSVI creates those many scars. Post hypoxic (after a lack of oxygen to the brain) demyelination-

Here's a study of a man involved in a bad auto accident. He had massive blood loss, and his brain was deprived of oxygen for a while. He develops demyelinated lesions in his brain and has an overactive bladder.

Unlike previous reports of hypoxic-ischemic demyelination, our patient lacked any cortical abnormalities, presumably due to ...
Read more : Post Hypoxic Demyelination | Views : 5604 | Replies : 27

Ernst...have you got any help in Finland

Was just wondering if you have spoken to your doctors and if they were going to help your wife do any testing? My husband was tested with a doppler in Paris, but we haven't gotten any further yet.
Read more : Ernst...have you got any help in Finland | Views : 2377 | Replies : 15

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218765 • Total topics 22548 • Total members 14196