It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:22 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Neck Feedback desired

OK,

Since I had felt a little better and then promptly overdid it, I want some feedback from the others who have gotten through all of the surgery after stuff. I have a little different type of 'feeling' in it now and wanted to check it out with you all. I can turn my head fully now and it doesn't hurt at all. I've been driving and everything. Well it now feels very focused on ...
Read more : Neck Feedback desired | Views : 3111 | Replies : 26

Spoke to Alex today in Dr. Dake's office

I spoke to Alex today, Dr. Dake's assistant. I am sending my history and MRI's to Dr. Dake tomorrow. Alex told me she doesn't work on Friday but when she came back on Monday she had 25 voice mails waiting for her regarding this procedure.

I mentioned CCSVI to my GP (internist) today and she was extremely excited about it. She asked me to email her some information. I'm assuming I should send the top ...
Read more : Spoke to Alex today in Dr. Dake's office | Views : 2476 | Replies : 15

Extensive mixed vascular malformation clinically imitatingMS

"In the literature, there have been several re- ports of vaseular malformations that run a long insidious course and simulated multiple sclerosis .

However, in most published case reports, vaseular malformations were homo- genous and monofoeal.

We would like to demonstrate a case with fluctuating progres- sive neurological deficit and multiple differ- ent vascular malfonnations involving cere- brum, brain stem, cerebellum, spinal cord ...
Read more : Extensive mixed vascular malformation clinically imitatingMS | Views : 2371 | Replies : 17

Program for Hilarescere/CCSVI conference in Bologna

http://www.fondazionehilarescere.org/pd ... RE-PRG.pdf

Some new universities involved include
Harvard, Stony Brook, University of Texas, and Georgetown.
!
cheer
Read more : Program for Hilarescere/CCSVI conference in Bologna | Views : 2708 | Replies : 14

Dr. Dake's address?

Anybody have Dr. Dake's address handy? I want to send him the disc of my CT scans, but I don't know where to send it to. I left a message at his office today, but never received a return call. I'm sure they'll call tomorrow, but I'd like to get a jump on this...
Read more : Dr. Dake's address? | Views : 1980 | Replies : 4

Getting the blood thinned to the theraputic level

Anyone else having trouble getting the blood to thin to the therapeutic levels. My first blood work came back at 1.04 which is just in the high end of normal. I was taking warferin at 5 mg / day up to that point. Now taking 7.5 mg / day and will be re tested next week. Even with the higher dose it seemed after suffering an attack of the ankle grabbing blackberries that my blood ...
Read more : Getting the blood thinned to the theraputic level | Views : 7261 | Replies : 74

What a bummer!

Hi everyone! I just got back from a week vacation in Rhode Island and boy did I miss a lot! I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on everything. Thanks to needled (she PMed me) I have already read the preliminary reults of the liberation 100. How exciting!

So here what's going on in CT. I spoke with my Neuro and my PCP about all of this and both were interested ...
Read more : What a bummer! | Views : 1742 | Replies : 12

Risk factors for or clues to CCSVI???

I recently stumbled on this forum for CCSVI and would like your thoughts. Obviously you cannot diagnose me and are not doctors/nurses (at least I don't think most of you are!) but I am stunned by the notion that MS could be vascular in nature. My case history seems related in strong ways.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with optic neuritis, headache, dizziness, and cognitive issues. I have T2 lesions and black holes.

I ...
Read more : Risk factors for or clues to CCSVI??? | Views : 1585 | Replies : 6

Vascular Disease among Hospitalized MS patients

This study took place between 1988 and 2002.

It found that MS patients were less likely to be hospitalized for ischemic heart disease (OR = 0.58, 95% CI = 0.51-0.66) or myocardial infarction (OR = 0.78, 95% CI = 0.64-0.96), but more likely to be hospitalized for ischemic stroke (OR = 1.66, 95% CI = 1.33-2.09) than matched non-MS controls.

The conclusion:

MS patients have decreased rates of hospital admission for ischemic heart disease and ...
Read more : Vascular Disease among Hospitalized MS patients | Views : 1384 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service