It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:43 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Post Hypoxic Demyelination

Another proposed mechanism of how CCSVI creates those many scars. Post hypoxic (after a lack of oxygen to the brain) demyelination-

Here's a study of a man involved in a bad auto accident. He had massive blood loss, and his brain was deprived of oxygen for a while. He develops demyelinated lesions in his brain and has an overactive bladder.

Unlike previous reports of hypoxic-ischemic demyelination, our patient lacked any cortical abnormalities, presumably due to ...
Read more : Post Hypoxic Demyelination | Views : 5727 | Replies : 27

Ernst...have you got any help in Finland

Was just wondering if you have spoken to your doctors and if they were going to help your wife do any testing? My husband was tested with a doppler in Paris, but we haven't gotten any further yet.
Read more : Ernst...have you got any help in Finland | Views : 2463 | Replies : 15

CCSVI and Slovakia, Europe

Hi everybody!
I am new here. I have RRMS since 1996. I live in Slovakia, Europe.
I am 36 years old woman. I had chance to visit many places in the USA and Canada. My cousins live in Toronto and Vancouver. But I prefered the weather in California.

I have started to ask doctors in Slovakia about possible tests and treatment of CCSVI. My MS doctor did not know about it so I gave her ...
Read more : CCSVI and Slovakia, Europe | Views : 47722 | Replies : 384

Surgery - main results so far?

I quess many people with ms have red this forum, and especially the experiences after surgery. I quess there are some differencies among operated people --> some have got very good results quite fast and some with slower time? Of course, this is all very very new stuff.. so this is maybe too early to ask, but I quess some things can be said already.

I list some thoughts that I have about surgery effects ...
Read more : Surgery - main results so far? | Views : 1237 | Replies : 4

Catfreak's CCSVI journey

I hope I am not jumping the gun.

Alexandra just called me and she has given my info to Dr Dake and she said I will be getting a call from him next week.

I will update when he calls.

Cat
Read more : Catfreak's CCSVI journey | Views : 2687 | Replies : 22

EGCG Question

If we can ever connect with Dr. Dake, we're going to Stanford. He tried to call us 3 times while we were at Mass Saturday evening, one time was on my mobile phone which I always turn off in church.

In the meantime, I've been pondering on iron chelation, finding rx drugs like M30, HLA20, and deferiprone, but also finding highly touted supplements for iron chelation like EGCG (in green tea extract) and circumin. Steve's ...
Read more : EGCG Question | Views : 1265 | Replies : 2

How diffuse hypoxia of the brain changes a person...

Increasingly, elaboration of inflammatory cytokines appears key to the brain-based response to hypoxia, as evidenced by the biobehaviors of malaise, fatigue, lethargy, and loss of interest in the physical and social environment. These sickness symptoms implicate hypoxia-dependent activation of the neuroimmune system as a key component of acute hypoxia.

http://nro.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/14/3/235

I've mentioned before that Jeff's first signs of his MS progression- which began 15 years ago, although he ...
Read more : How diffuse hypoxia of the brain changes a person... | Views : 1948 | Replies : 8

Neck Feedback desired

OK,

Since I had felt a little better and then promptly overdid it, I want some feedback from the others who have gotten through all of the surgery after stuff. I have a little different type of 'feeling' in it now and wanted to check it out with you all. I can turn my head fully now and it doesn't hurt at all. I've been driving and everything. Well it now feels very focused on ...
Read more : Neck Feedback desired | Views : 3125 | Replies : 26

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221720 • Total topics 23019 • Total members 14546

Contact us | Terms of Service