It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:10 pm

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

More free info on Zamboni's Presentation at Charing Cross

I found the following while trying to find what information was actually in the charing cross videos and books.
vn_charing_cross_2009-lowres.pdf

on page 10

Multiple sclerosis and the cerebral venous system
At the Charing Cross Symposium on Monday 6 April, Paolo Zamboni (pictured), University of Ferrara, Italy, will present the rationale behind and promising preliminary results of an endovascular technique for the treatmentof multiple sclerosis. According to Zamboni, a topographic correspondence between multiple sclerosis plaques and ...
Read more : More free info on Zamboni's Presentation at Charing Cross | Views : 1922 | Replies : 12

I just called......

I spoke to Angela, she said Alexandra was gone for the day, so I am to call back tomorrow at 9am there/11am here.

She was very nice. So until tomorrow...

Cat
Read more : I just called...... | Views : 2684 | Replies : 18

Ladystewart-------Finally

Well---I go to Stanford 8/4..Can't wait. I cannot type(slow), talk. walk. Relaping progressive 7 years and counting......I will keep all abreast when I FINALLY go. Praying for something!!!
Read more : Ladystewart-------Finally | Views : 1859 | Replies : 11

Read more : ..... | Views : 3673 | Replies : 33

Azygous

It seems Dr Dake is not seeing near as much azygous involvement as Dr Zamboni did.

Possible explanations:

1. Dr Dake's sample size so far is too small (not enough PPMS).
2. Dr Zamboni saw azygous stenosis that isn't there.
3. Dr Dake isn't seeing azygous stenosis that is there.
4. Others?

Just curious if anyone else is a little bothered by this.

Rokkit
Read more : Azygous | Views : 1184 | Replies : 2

Research bubble

Hi everyone!

A good friend sent me this paper to read, please do read it, it suggest we have a research bubble similar to our housing bubble in the US:

http://www.hedweb.com/bgcharlton/funding.html
Here's the things that stood out to me;

But over recent decades the rate of major clinical breakthroughs has probably declined , even as claims for the importance of medical research have grown more exaggerated...snip..Available therapies typically ...
Read more : Research bubble | Views : 1556 | Replies : 6

Russian Article

I asked Dr Simka if he had seen a Russian article that i had read about and the good doctor got a copy and translated it from Russian. He thought a copy would be helpful so that we can link it for other medical people to the research thread :D . KEEP COMMENTS ON TOPIC. Thanks!

Ogleznev KO, Tsuladze II
Department of Neurosurgery, Moscow, Russia
Diagnosis ...
Read more : Russian Article | Views : 2906 | Replies : 8

Randi's Turn

Ok, so it's my turn to pack up and head out for a CCSVI Stanford adventure. Thanks to all who have blazed the trail and shared their experiences. I will post in this thread when I can, and also pass on information to Joan so she can, and to Lew (when I actually see him!).
Read more : Randi's Turn | Views : 5207 | Replies : 42

Dr Dake and Ins

I am trying to figure out if Dr Dake is on my insurance plan. Where can I get basic information about him so I can figure this out?

Thanks Cat
Read more : Dr Dake and Ins | Views : 2054 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220049 • Total topics 22752 • Total members 14359

Contact us | Terms of Service