It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:40 pm

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Inflammation

Inflammation is a big deal for the brain: it cannot tolerate it at all well.

One of the issues we have been hit with is how can MS be venous if inflammation suppression via revimmune metheylprednisolone etc helps people with MS.

I have offered that MS is an inflammatory disease and that is how we can account for the conundrum: the venous damage happens then the immune system responds to heal the damage and THAT ...
Read more : Inflammation | Views : 4893 | Replies : 25

Plasmapheresis

Hi.

I have found this in the news:

link

It is about the long term effects of plasmapheresis. I wonder what in the plasma could erode the BBB, so that despite the stenoses, the nervous system keeps working...

The 100% freaked out,
sou
Read more : Plasmapheresis | Views : 1943 | Replies : 2

The Veins in CCSVI- from Dr. Simka

A note from Dr. Simka, regarding his impression of the difference in MS venous stenosis, after studying the veins with ultrasound:

From my (still very limited) experience, the hallmark of venous lesions in MS patients is the stiffness of venous wall, it is not external compression. Neither is it alike varicose veins, thrombosis, atherosclerosis, or so. It is very strange, I am sitting in vascular sonography for years and I don't remember to see such ...
Read more : The Veins in CCSVI- from Dr. Simka | Views : 8235 | Replies : 34

Vascular surgeon, etc

Hi all.

A very good friend of mine is a close friend of a great vascular surgeon for 15 years, now. I was a little shy about contacting him, but my friend did it "spontaneously".

The surgeon can "prescribe" the MRV and then I shall have it done. But I am a little nervous about the results. What if there is no stenosis at all? I doubt that this is the case, but my head ...
Read more : Vascular surgeon, etc | Views : 4653 | Replies : 22

Vitamin D

Vitamin D is the elephant in our room... How can it be that MS is a venous issue that it occurs in people from latitudes with less sunlight and we have lower vitamin d levels?

heres a paper associating peripheral artery disease with low vitamin d
http://www.health.am/vein/more/vitamin- ... y-disease/

Participants with the lowest vitamin D levels were 2.18 times more likely to have PAD than were participants in the ...
Read more : Vitamin D | Views : 4296 | Replies : 15

Diminished Visibility of cerebral venous vasculature in MS

ABSTRACT
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease of the central nervous system characterized by widespread demyelination, axonal loss and gliosis, and neurodegeneration; susceptibility-weighted imaging (SWI), through the use of phase information to enhance local susceptibility or T2* contrast, is a relatively new and simple MRI application that can directly image cerebral veins by exploiting venous blood oxygenation. Here, we use high-field SWI at 3.0 Tesla to image 15 patients with clinically definite relapsing-remitting MS and ...
Read more : Diminished Visibility of cerebral venous vasculature in MS | Views : 2095 | Replies : 3

Italian Summit- Venous Function in MS- 9/8/09

Nice e-mail from Dr. Zamboni.

My program is to project a multicenter randomized control trial joining all the people who scientifically support my discovery. Hilarescere will support the International Scientific Coterie in Italy on September 8th, titled VENOUS FUNCTION AND MS

He is inviting other doctors who will, by then, have research to further document CCSVI in MS. A nice opportunity to visit lovely Ferrera, vascular doctors!!!

AC
Read more : Italian Summit- Venous Function in MS- 9/8/09 | Views : 1969 | Replies : 1

Read more : 132 | Views : 1806 | Replies : 2

Liberation Procedure/Stent placement

Jeff is scheduled to have his stent placed in his jugular vein on Tuesday, May 5th at Stanford University by Dr. Michael Dake. Details and results will follow.
This is moving faster than we expected... :D
AC
Read more : Liberation Procedure/Stent placement | Views : 17154 | Replies : 127

Cerebral vein thrombosis following prednisone treatment???

Hi all.

I have found this case and I wanted to share it with you:

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/display ... 0168/56831

sou
Read more : Cerebral vein thrombosis following prednisone treatment??? | Views : 2850 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 245055 • Total topics 26951 • Total members 17977

Contact us | Terms of Service