It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:39 am

News News of Copaxone

Site map of Copaxone » Forum : Copaxone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone

I came to the board not long ago. I was in the dumps. Going crazy about this monster called MS and just all over the place.

I found a wonderful group of caring and honest people. You girls and guys.

You have no idea how many of you helped me. More than you know...sp thank you with all my heart for that.

My Update:

Still on Copaxone- Shots still hurt and leave big welts and ...
Read more : ***Update***** | Views : 1405 | Replies : 1

Lymphocytes number low in CBC

Wondering if any other Copaxone users have noticed this in their blood testing....

Interesting results from my husband's latest blood draw. His lymphocyte (T-cells, B-cells and natural killer cells) number was just out of range, low at 19%. One of Copaxone's methods of action is to bind to lymphs and keep their proliferation low. Looks like Copaxone is working! Also lowish (at 2%) were his monocytes, the guys that inform the lymphocytes and sent them ...
Read more : Lymphocytes number low in CBC | Views : 4321 | Replies : 6

I Feel Stupid!!!

I consider myself to be fairly bright, did ok on the SATS, did well in college and so on...

When Brian was diagnosed with MS this year I became the "researcher". I've looked into everything. Investigated all the treatment options, looked into new diets, asked for help in determining good vitamins and other supplements, but I just can't wrap my mind around the treatment studies. I get lost with the numbers and confusing statistics.

I ...
Read more : I Feel Stupid!!! | Views : 1984 | Replies : 5

When will it make a difference?

I have been on Copaxone for 3 months now and I am still waiting for it to make a difference. I have had 1 fairly major relapse and am less healthy now then when I started, I have new symptoms popping up such as numb fingers. The MS hug is finally fading after 4 weeks!

My skin is covered in bruises and blotchy patches. Is it really all worth this? They didn't tell me it ...
Read more : When will it make a difference? | Views : 1760 | Replies : 4

Copaxone When does the pain end?

When does this shot become less painful? I mean I've been on it since July and its the worst most painful shot ever! The welts are terrible and the itching is insane but I'm trying to tough it out like the new Neuro doc said too till December.....

Has anyone had that horrible flushing side effect they talk about? Thankfully I have not but I have had others but the pain of that shot ...
Read more : Copaxone When does the pain end? | Views : 7077 | Replies : 17

Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea

Hello to all

I'm on Copaxone.

I wanted to test something. Does anyone know how many days I would have to be off the shots to be able to tell how I feel without them? I want to test it to see if maybe they are what is making me so sick. I was sick on Betaseron as in the bad flu side effects and more but now I've been getting worse and I wonder ...
Read more : Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea | Views : 2988 | Replies : 7

*UPDATE* Visit with New Neuro Doc

:? Ok as if I was not already confused enough about this MS since my Dx in Feb of this year!

I met with the new Neuro Doc ( Duke). Very nice doctor. He took alot of time with me which I greatly appreciated. However I left saying to myself "Who's right?" My first Neuro Doc or this one. He didn't seem to agree with much of ...
Read more : *UPDATE* Visit with New Neuro Doc | Views : 1712 | Replies : 5

Weight Gain on Copaxone?

Anyone experience this. I had it with Betaseron and I think on this drug too. Is this common? Im newly diagnosed since the start of 2008. I'm working out daily, swimming and all. Its just coming out of nowhere and I eat good, nothing bad that would cause weight gain.

Anyone experience this? I refuse to pack on pounds for the sake of these drugs...if I should become imobile later on, that weight will be ...
Read more : Weight Gain on Copaxone? | Views : 14984 | Replies : 19

New to Board and on Copaxone

Hello Everyone
Newly diagnosed with MS RRMS as of Feb 2008 2 lesions seens on MRI and positive for Onco Bands on the Spinal Tap.
Started Betaseron but became very ill. Not to mention the side affects of feeling like I had the flu everyday of my life, weight gain and more Toughed out the drug until June 12 when I stopped on my own. I simply could not take the side affects.

Met with ...
Read more : New to Board and on Copaxone | Views : 1820 | Replies : 5

avoiding IPIRs with copaxone

I have mostly been a lurker on this board, but I do post now and then. I have been on copaxone for 13 months now, and just got the results of my 1 year brain MRI. The results are favorable (some improvement, no new lesions or Gd enhancing lesions) and my neurological exam was improved somewhat from before I started copaxone. Oh, and no relapses since starting :) ...
Read more : avoiding IPIRs with copaxone | Views : 8067 | Replies : 21

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227695 • Total topics 24046 • Total members 15403

Contact us | Terms of Service