It is currently Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:24 pm

News News of Copaxone

Site map of Copaxone » Forum : Copaxone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone

Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea

Hello to all

I'm on Copaxone.

I wanted to test something. Does anyone know how many days I would have to be off the shots to be able to tell how I feel without them? I want to test it to see if maybe they are what is making me so sick. I was sick on Betaseron as in the bad flu side effects and more but now I've been getting worse and I wonder ...
Read more : Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea | Views : 2791 | Replies : 7

*UPDATE* Visit with New Neuro Doc

:? Ok as if I was not already confused enough about this MS since my Dx in Feb of this year!

I met with the new Neuro Doc ( Duke). Very nice doctor. He took alot of time with me which I greatly appreciated. However I left saying to myself "Who's right?" My first Neuro Doc or this one. He didn't seem to agree with much of ...
Read more : *UPDATE* Visit with New Neuro Doc | Views : 1662 | Replies : 5

Weight Gain on Copaxone?

Anyone experience this. I had it with Betaseron and I think on this drug too. Is this common? Im newly diagnosed since the start of 2008. I'm working out daily, swimming and all. Its just coming out of nowhere and I eat good, nothing bad that would cause weight gain.

Anyone experience this? I refuse to pack on pounds for the sake of these drugs...if I should become imobile later on, that weight will be ...
Read more : Weight Gain on Copaxone? | Views : 13643 | Replies : 19

New to Board and on Copaxone

Hello Everyone
Newly diagnosed with MS RRMS as of Feb 2008 2 lesions seens on MRI and positive for Onco Bands on the Spinal Tap.
Started Betaseron but became very ill. Not to mention the side affects of feeling like I had the flu everyday of my life, weight gain and more Toughed out the drug until June 12 when I stopped on my own. I simply could not take the side affects.

Met with ...
Read more : New to Board and on Copaxone | Views : 1779 | Replies : 5

avoiding IPIRs with copaxone

I have mostly been a lurker on this board, but I do post now and then. I have been on copaxone for 13 months now, and just got the results of my 1 year brain MRI. The results are favorable (some improvement, no new lesions or Gd enhancing lesions) and my neurological exam was improved somewhat from before I started copaxone. Oh, and no relapses since starting :) ...
Read more : avoiding IPIRs with copaxone | Views : 7660 | Replies : 21

Copaxone trade for Avonex?

I was switched from Copaxone to Avonex but have leftover Copaxone... can I legally sell it or even give it away? Ideally my thought was to trade it with someone who was switched from Avonex...
Read more : Copaxone trade for Avonex? | Views : 2167 | Replies : 5

Copaxone--Mechanism of Neuroprotection

Hi again

This is old news but I thought I'd post it anyway.

T cell independent mechanism for copolymer-1-induced neuroprotection
Despite active investigation of copolymer-1 (Cop-1) for nearly 40 years the mechanisms underlying its neuroprotective properties remain contentious. Nonetheless, current dogma for Cop-1 neuroprotective activities in autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases include bystander suppression of autoimmune T cells and attenuation of microglial responses. In this report, we demonstrate that Cop-1 interacts directly with primary human ...
Read more : Copaxone--Mechanism of Neuroprotection | Views : 1505 | Replies : 0

Copaxone and Tremors

I was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis instead of the correct diagnosis of brainstem stroke. I had been on Copaxone for the four years of my misdiagnosis. About the fifth day of taking Copaxone, I developed a almost constant head tremor. (Dystonic No-No) It appeared as if I was shivering or repetitively shaking my head no very quickly. My quack neuro said that it was a symptom of my MS. I tried a variety of meds ...
Read more : Copaxone and Tremors | Views : 4972 | Replies : 10

double dose

When I miss an injection, I thought of doing 2 in the next 24 hours. Has anyone done this? Also, I heard their is a trial on this concept but can not find it.
Read more : double dose | Views : 2381 | Replies : 5

1 large bump for 24 hours on 1 injection site

For some reason, other than the typical injection site reaction (burning for 20ish min), I don't have side effects using Copaxone, except on my right thigh.

I've done 2 injections on this thigh, and each time the area injected remains a huge bump (that's kind of tough) for up to 24 hours after the injection.

This only occurs on this 1 site.

Anyone else experience this as well?
Read more : 1 large bump for 24 hours on 1 injection site | Views : 1825 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 223190 • Total topics 23198 • Total members 14681

Contact us | Terms of Service