It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:58 pm

News News of Copaxone

Site map of Copaxone » Forum : Copaxone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone

Copaxone When does the pain end?

Ok...

When does this shot become less painful? I mean I've been on it since July and its the worst most painful shot ever! The welts are terrible and the itching is insane but I'm trying to tough it out like the new Neuro doc said too till December.....

Has anyone had that horrible flushing side effect they talk about? Thankfully I have not but I have had others but the pain of that shot ...
Read more : Copaxone When does the pain end? | Views : 5796 | Replies : 13

Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea

Hello to all

I'm on Copaxone.

I wanted to test something. Does anyone know how many days I would have to be off the shots to be able to tell how I feel without them? I want to test it to see if maybe they are what is making me so sick. I was sick on Betaseron as in the bad flu side effects and more but now I've been getting worse and I wonder ...
Read more : Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea | Views : 2844 | Replies : 7

*UPDATE* Visit with New Neuro Doc

:? Ok as if I was not already confused enough about this MS since my Dx in Feb of this year!

I met with the new Neuro Doc ( Duke). Very nice doctor. He took alot of time with me which I greatly appreciated. However I left saying to myself "Who's right?" My first Neuro Doc or this one. He didn't seem to agree with much of ...
Read more : *UPDATE* Visit with New Neuro Doc | Views : 1673 | Replies : 5

Weight Gain on Copaxone?

Anyone experience this. I had it with Betaseron and I think on this drug too. Is this common? Im newly diagnosed since the start of 2008. I'm working out daily, swimming and all. Its just coming out of nowhere and I eat good, nothing bad that would cause weight gain.

Anyone experience this? I refuse to pack on pounds for the sake of these drugs...if I should become imobile later on, that weight will be ...
Read more : Weight Gain on Copaxone? | Views : 13927 | Replies : 19

New to Board and on Copaxone

Hello Everyone
Newly diagnosed with MS RRMS as of Feb 2008 2 lesions seens on MRI and positive for Onco Bands on the Spinal Tap.
Started Betaseron but became very ill. Not to mention the side affects of feeling like I had the flu everyday of my life, weight gain and more Toughed out the drug until June 12 when I stopped on my own. I simply could not take the side affects.

Met with ...
Read more : New to Board and on Copaxone | Views : 1785 | Replies : 5

avoiding IPIRs with copaxone

I have mostly been a lurker on this board, but I do post now and then. I have been on copaxone for 13 months now, and just got the results of my 1 year brain MRI. The results are favorable (some improvement, no new lesions or Gd enhancing lesions) and my neurological exam was improved somewhat from before I started copaxone. Oh, and no relapses since starting :) ...
Read more : avoiding IPIRs with copaxone | Views : 7777 | Replies : 21

Copaxone trade for Avonex?

I was switched from Copaxone to Avonex but have leftover Copaxone... can I legally sell it or even give it away? Ideally my thought was to trade it with someone who was switched from Avonex...
Read more : Copaxone trade for Avonex? | Views : 2179 | Replies : 5

Copaxone--Mechanism of Neuroprotection

Hi again

This is old news but I thought I'd post it anyway.

T cell independent mechanism for copolymer-1-induced neuroprotection
Despite active investigation of copolymer-1 (Cop-1) for nearly 40 years the mechanisms underlying its neuroprotective properties remain contentious. Nonetheless, current dogma for Cop-1 neuroprotective activities in autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases include bystander suppression of autoimmune T cells and attenuation of microglial responses. In this report, we demonstrate that Cop-1 interacts directly with primary human ...
Read more : Copaxone--Mechanism of Neuroprotection | Views : 1514 | Replies : 0

Copaxone and Tremors

I was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis instead of the correct diagnosis of brainstem stroke. I had been on Copaxone for the four years of my misdiagnosis. About the fifth day of taking Copaxone, I developed a almost constant head tremor. (Dystonic No-No) It appeared as if I was shivering or repetitively shaking my head no very quickly. My quack neuro said that it was a symptom of my MS. I tried a variety of meds ...
Read more : Copaxone and Tremors | Views : 5019 | Replies : 10

double dose

When I miss an injection, I thought of doing 2 in the next 24 hours. Has anyone done this? Also, I heard their is a trial on this concept but can not find it.
Read more : double dose | Views : 2401 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224393 • Total topics 23431 • Total members 14842

Contact us | Terms of Service