It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 pm

News News of Copaxone

Site map of Copaxone » Forum : Copaxone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone

White Hair???

Hello,
I started copaxone last month and now my hair seems to be turning white. I am 33, so I think this is a little premature. At this point I have more white hair than older brother, who is 5 years older. Has anyone else heard of this?

-Zeller
DX 4/08
Read more : White Hair??? | Views : 1852 | Replies : 2

Remedies for site reactions

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum (and also to MS). I don't have it myself; my girlfriend was diagnosed a couple months ago and I believe she's on Copaxone. We've only been together a few weeks so I don't know for sure, but from reading about the different medications it sounds like that's the one. Anyway, she almost always gets big red welts at the injection sites. They burn at first, then the next ...
Read more : Remedies for site reactions | Views : 2025 | Replies : 2

Teva sclerosis drug shows positive data

Teva sclerosis drug shows positive data

JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli drug maker Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (NASDAQ:TEVA) Inc. said Thursday a three-year study of its multiple sclerosis drug showed slower disease progression and fewer relapses in patients who did not respond to other treatments.

The three-year study showed patients who switched to Teva's Copaxone after failing treatment with a standard interferon drug experienced 77 percent fewer relapses of their disease. Patients switched among different interferon drugs ...
Read more : Teva sclerosis drug shows positive data | Views : 3031 | Replies : 4

If you're running out of injection sites....

Hi
I've been on Copaxone 5 years (or is it 6 :oops: just can't remember!). I took a year off to have my son who is nearly 4 weeks old now.

I have started back on Copaxone last week.

Just to say, before I took the break from Copaxone I had run out of usable sites because of lipoatrophy and hard lumps. It was getting very hard ...
Read more : If you're running out of injection sites.... | Views : 2469 | Replies : 0

Lipoatrophy Survey

Of all of you who are on Copaxone and how old you are and if you're male or female. I've heard that males tend to get it less, or not at all, and I was just wondering.
Read more : Lipoatrophy Survey | Views : 5668 | Replies : 19

Copaxone cuts risk of developing MS-

-In 481 patients presenting with a first flare and confirming MRI, but no definitive diagnosis.

In the interim analysis, the proportion of patients developing clinically definite multiple sclerosis (re: a second flare) was 43 percent in the placebo group compared with 25 percent in the Copaxone group, Teva said.

For those that received a clinical diagnosis of MS- the second attack was delayed to 722 days, vs. the 2nd attack average of 366 days in ...
Read more : Copaxone cuts risk of developing MS- | Views : 2275 | Replies : 1

Ouch!

I have been doing Copaxone injections for almost 5 years. I have dealt with lipoatrophy (which I chalked it up to the price you have to pay with this drug) stinging injections, and some hives. None of this has caused me to want to stop because I have felt I have benefitted from this drug. But I nearly went through the roof with my injection last night! Injected into my thigh (as I have done ...
Read more : Ouch! | Views : 3420 | Replies : 12

United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi

Does anyone know if Copaxone is available in Abu Dhabi in the U.A. E.? I am hoping to relocate there, but only if I can continue treatment.
Read more : United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi | Views : 2069 | Replies : 1

Copaxone long-term study

Now that's some long-term follow up!

Long-term (up to 22 years), open-label,compassionate-use study of glatiramer acetatein relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis.

Mult Scler. 2008 Jan 21
Miller A, Spada V, Beerkircher D, Kreitman RR.
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA.

To evaluate the safety and efficacy of long-term glatiramer acetate (GA) therapy, 46 patients with relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) were treated for up to 22 years in an ongoing, open-label ...
Read more : Copaxone long-term study | Views : 3593 | Replies : 5

Hives, copaxone - need information

Hello, I searched and the topic hives was already discussed, but though I´m askink. Did anybody have hives? I have terrible hives for 14 days (now I ´m hospitalized on cortizone cure, which helps, but when it stops, it appears again). I use copaxone 1 year and had no problems so far, but my neuro said, she couldn´t separete out the copaxone like a reason of hives. That´s why I don´t continue with copaxone now ...
Read more : Hives, copaxone - need information | Views : 6305 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219329 • Total topics 22629 • Total members 14267

Contact us | Terms of Service