It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:14 am

News News of Copaxone

Site map of Copaxone » Forum : Copaxone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone

Copaxone trade for Avonex?

I was switched from Copaxone to Avonex but have leftover Copaxone... can I legally sell it or even give it away? Ideally my thought was to trade it with someone who was switched from Avonex...
Read more : Copaxone trade for Avonex? | Views : 2157 | Replies : 5

Copaxone--Mechanism of Neuroprotection

Hi again

This is old news but I thought I'd post it anyway.

T cell independent mechanism for copolymer-1-induced neuroprotection
Despite active investigation of copolymer-1 (Cop-1) for nearly 40 years the mechanisms underlying its neuroprotective properties remain contentious. Nonetheless, current dogma for Cop-1 neuroprotective activities in autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases include bystander suppression of autoimmune T cells and attenuation of microglial responses. In this report, we demonstrate that Cop-1 interacts directly with primary human ...
Read more : Copaxone--Mechanism of Neuroprotection | Views : 1491 | Replies : 0

Copaxone and Tremors

I was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis instead of the correct diagnosis of brainstem stroke. I had been on Copaxone for the four years of my misdiagnosis. About the fifth day of taking Copaxone, I developed a almost constant head tremor. (Dystonic No-No) It appeared as if I was shivering or repetitively shaking my head no very quickly. My quack neuro said that it was a symptom of my MS. I tried a variety of meds ...
Read more : Copaxone and Tremors | Views : 4915 | Replies : 10

double dose

When I miss an injection, I thought of doing 2 in the next 24 hours. Has anyone done this? Also, I heard their is a trial on this concept but can not find it.
Read more : double dose | Views : 2247 | Replies : 5

1 large bump for 24 hours on 1 injection site

For some reason, other than the typical injection site reaction (burning for 20ish min), I don't have side effects using Copaxone, except on my right thigh.

I've done 2 injections on this thigh, and each time the area injected remains a huge bump (that's kind of tough) for up to 24 hours after the injection.

This only occurs on this 1 site.

Anyone else experience this as well?
Read more : 1 large bump for 24 hours on 1 injection site | Views : 1806 | Replies : 3

White Hair???

Hello,
I started copaxone last month and now my hair seems to be turning white. I am 33, so I think this is a little premature. At this point I have more white hair than older brother, who is 5 years older. Has anyone else heard of this?

-Zeller
DX 4/08
Read more : White Hair??? | Views : 1869 | Replies : 2

Remedies for site reactions

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum (and also to MS). I don't have it myself; my girlfriend was diagnosed a couple months ago and I believe she's on Copaxone. We've only been together a few weeks so I don't know for sure, but from reading about the different medications it sounds like that's the one. Anyway, she almost always gets big red welts at the injection sites. They burn at first, then the next ...
Read more : Remedies for site reactions | Views : 2051 | Replies : 2

Teva sclerosis drug shows positive data

Teva sclerosis drug shows positive data

JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli drug maker Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (NASDAQ:TEVA) Inc. said Thursday a three-year study of its multiple sclerosis drug showed slower disease progression and fewer relapses in patients who did not respond to other treatments.

The three-year study showed patients who switched to Teva's Copaxone after failing treatment with a standard interferon drug experienced 77 percent fewer relapses of their disease. Patients switched among different interferon drugs ...
Read more : Teva sclerosis drug shows positive data | Views : 3060 | Replies : 4

If you're running out of injection sites....

Hi
I've been on Copaxone 5 years (or is it 6 :oops: just can't remember!). I took a year off to have my son who is nearly 4 weeks old now.

I have started back on Copaxone last week.

Just to say, before I took the break from Copaxone I had run out of usable sites because of lipoatrophy and hard lumps. It was getting very hard ...
Read more : If you're running out of injection sites.... | Views : 2498 | Replies : 0

Lipoatrophy Survey

Of all of you who are on Copaxone and how old you are and if you're male or female. I've heard that males tend to get it less, or not at all, and I was just wondering.
Read more : Lipoatrophy Survey | Views : 5726 | Replies : 19

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221009 • Total topics 22916 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service