It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:58 pm

News News of Daily Life

Site map of Daily Life » Forum : Daily Life

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

for when we feel sorry for ourselves

well i met up for wings and beer with a long lost high school buddy recently. he was telling me how he'd figured out over the years that the seizures he had suffered were due to lack of sleep, and ever since he realized that, he'd been fine without meds, although he'd given up driving.

so, we stayed up til midnight discussing all the events of the last 15 years, then settled up with the ...
Read more : for when we feel sorry for ourselves | Views : 2222 | Replies : 4

Expert Patients programme

Hi folks. Last Spring I attended a course on self management of chronic health conditions also called the expert patients programme- although personally i'm not keen on that name as I don't think of myself as either an expert or a patient! My neuro first mentioned it when I was dx and then i set out about finding out about it and booking a place.

It's for anyone with a chronic health condition. I was ...
Read more : Expert Patients programme | Views : 1660 | Replies : 1

Texas Barbecue Sauce

Hi all

Just had some best buds to stay in wildest Africa with me for a month (they live in Houston, Texas), and someone (sorry, can't remember who, think it was Gwa?) told me I should ask them to bring me some Texas Barbecue Sauce, and I just wanted to say thank you - it is the BEST! Needless to say, I ate way too much red meat, but I swear I will cut back ...
Read more : Texas Barbecue Sauce | Views : 11310 | Replies : 93

to whom it may concern:

have a great christmas! :D
Read more : to whom it may concern: | Views : 1481 | Replies : 0

Getting frustrated

I am still awaiting a diagnosis but it seems as though symptoms have been getting worse this week. I am working in a temp job and I quite often ahve to walk between departments. When I do my leg can go all over the place. Earlier today I was dizzy and my leg refusing to be controlled. I was staggering around like a drunk, having to hang on to walls for balance. In addition my ...
Read more : Getting frustrated | Views : 4590 | Replies : 15

fun times!!

so guess what. i am excited! this semester has been so crap. but now the snow flies and it's time to go back to work at the ski hill. something to smile about! and we're going to mt. st. louis-moonstone for training tomorrow. PAID training. what a great job!!!
Read more : fun times!! | Views : 3072 | Replies : 14

December the 3rd

December the 3rd - The International Day for Solidarity with the Disabled People
Read more : December the 3rd | Views : 1560 | Replies : 0

need non-ms advice!

ok this is weird, but in the last month i ran across trace of something that i am 99.999% sure is mine, that went missing about 17 years ago. i knew at the time that somebody in my circle of friends was lying to me about it, but not who.

now i think i know. it arose because it got sent from party A to party B, and they were communicating publicly about it.

I ...
Read more : need non-ms advice! | Views : 1797 | Replies : 4

Blues

Anyone else get the blues this time of year.
Read more : Blues | Views : 2011 | Replies : 4

marathon

My husband ran the 32nd Marine Corps Marathon this past Sunday. He ran it to raise funds for Accelerated Cure Project. He trained for 6 months in the hot, humid Florida weather. His goal (besides just finishing!) was to run the race in less than 5 hours. This was quite a lofty goal for a first time marathoner. His time was 4:58:32! It was an incredible experience, not just for him but for his family ...
Read more : marathon | Views : 2263 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220030 • Total topics 22749 • Total members 14355

Contact us | Terms of Service