It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:22 am

News News of Daily Life

Site map of Daily Life » Forum : Daily Life

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

happy mother's day

To all the mom's out there who struggle to raise a family despite this MS, who want the best for their kids despite this illness, who give all that they have even if it means neglecting their own physio or exercises or sleep, have a great day! Carole
Read more : happy mother's day | Views : 1451 | Replies : 1

How would ?

How would my wifes life be different without me? I am at a point where i can't stop thinking how i am changing my wifes life. Without me it would be so much better for her, she says no but i know in my heart that i am holding her down, i just mean little things like going out ,dancing, travelling, shopping ect. I could still do this stuff but not the way it ...
Read more : How would ? | Views : 4693 | Replies : 20

ranting about a doctor or two

okay i'm really mad. this is not about ms it's about a lady in her 80s. below is the summary of her medical care over the last few years. but it all started with her asking me to look at her bloodwork results the other day. she had her CBC results and her MPV, MCH, MCV, and her RDW were all high. now, the history.

- receiving b12 shots from doctor #1
- doctor #1 ...
Read more : ranting about a doctor or two | Views : 1555 | Replies : 0

Blenophobia--Whoops!

I accidentally hijacked the previous thread with this posting--hit the wrong button. Please forgive me, I intended a new topic:

After looking through the forums without finding the perfect fit, I am putting this new (to me, anyway) vocabulary word here. The subject affects the daily life of so many of us!

From a recent AARP publication came this information:

20 million Americans have blenophobia--or fear of needles--according to a recent study.

Shall we make ...
Read more : Blenophobia--Whoops! | Views : 1536 | Replies : 2

Is it time to call it quits with fulltime work?

Hi
I can't rem if I posted about this before, may have! - sorry, memory is sometimes a bit ropey. Periodically gets to me....and this is NOT a pity-party-post - I have a very good life - just could do with some constructive advice about this situation.

I have just had 2 weeks off work as hols and have hardly thought about MS at all, felt so good. Even got the gym, did garden, went ...
Read more : Is it time to call it quits with fulltime work? | Views : 2850 | Replies : 11

oven mits

It's like having oven mits when i try doing stuff with my hands, i read this comparison some where and thought this is a good way to describe it. I feel like most of u are fighting not to get like i am and i am fighting not to get like Twisted, Hope something comes soon!
Read more : oven mits | Views : 3284 | Replies : 12

i am MAD!

grr i'm so pissed off at my work right now that i don't know if i'll go back next winter! how petty am i, to get this pissed off about staff recognition awards! but i'm really mad!!
Read more : i am MAD! | Views : 2039 | Replies : 4

My possible walk for Myelin repaire Foundation

Hi
Lately I have been feeling like I need to do something in order to make it faster for these researchers to get the money they need to start pumping out the drugs. I wanted to organize a sponsored walk for the myelin Repair foundation. I have actually never done anything like that and don't really know where to start. I did email them a few days ago but have not received a reply. Tried ...
Read more : My possible walk for Myelin repaire Foundation | Views : 2107 | Replies : 8

What I'd do differently

Hi All,

I wanted to put a few thoughts down, given what I have read on the other thread about a poor guy breaking up with his girlfriend, over MS and the very strong opinions being expressed by others. I'm not wanting to venture into anyone else's relationship but to just give my own views on the matter of being in a relationship when at least one party has MS. What I have to say ...
Read more : What I'd do differently | Views : 4702 | Replies : 18

yahoo, landed great coop job!

i'm so excited, i just got home from a symposium in toronto to the news in my email that i landed a summer placement with environment canada's biodiversity convention office! and i might even get to work on article 8j, omg i envisioned working on this stuff when i applied to the program - and it's all coming true!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
Read more : yahoo, landed great coop job! | Views : 2294 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216695 • Total topics 22136 • Total members 13920