It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:19 am

News News of Daily Life

Site map of Daily Life » Forum : Daily Life

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

neuropsych assessment and cognitive retraining

Hi there

I recently underwent a full neuropsych evaluation and I just wanted to say that I found the whole process very interesting. The professor who conducted the assessnment was very warm and empathetic and although it was long and exhausting (6 hours over 2 days), the report was an eye opener!
Ally
Read more : neuropsych assessment and cognitive retraining | Views : 1935 | Replies : 3

What is this?

Yesterday I felt under the weather all day with a sore neck. In the evening, while at the theatre watching Harry Potter, my left shoulder, side of my neck, half of my torso and my entire arm started these waves of horrible pain.

About every minute it would come and go, and lasted about two hours. Then, it was completely gone. It was really bad.

Does this sound like an MS attack? Or maybe the ...
Read more : What is this? | Views : 1650 | Replies : 2

religion

What i love about MS is that it's like religion, you can believe what ever you want because no one really knows..
Read more : religion | Views : 1385 | Replies : 0

progress! ...?

well, i have officially (sort of) made it back to a place i was at mid 2005, before all this crap started happening!

spring 2005 i was working on the requirements for lifeguard certification, just for something to work towards in the pool. never was a particularly strong swimmer.

at that time i succeeded in swimming the 600m in 18 minutes once, but then work and school started eating at my schedule and so much ...
Read more : progress! ...? | Views : 3147 | Replies : 13

A parent's courage

I am new to this site and have recently discovered that I have ms. My mother who is no longer with us (rest her soul) was diagnosed in 1988. I watched her struggle with the disease for 15 years before it took her life I know they say it wasn't actually the ms that did it was actually an aorta aneurism but the ms was a contributing factor. From what I understand from her nuerologist ...
Read more : A parent's courage | Views : 1747 | Replies : 3

Walking Into Things

Hi all,

Just a little effort to try and laugh at something that would be easy to get upset about...since the MS, my peripheral vision hasn't been the same. So, when I'm not looking directly at something, I may miss out on something. Yesterday, after my first attempt at returning to exercise for awhile, something caught my eye while walking towards the exit of the club. I walked forward and reached my hand out to ...
Read more : Walking Into Things | Views : 2417 | Replies : 8

do you think?

Do you think doctors and neurologists ever read some of the posts on this site? Could they benifit from all the results that people talk about? could they learn something from all your ideas on why and how? Where do all the ideas that they concentrate on come from? Maybe the cure for ms will come from here..
Read more : do you think? | Views : 1719 | Replies : 2

Exercise with NO balance or energy???

How do you go to a gym/run/walk ANYTHING when you can't walk a straight line? I MUST appear to those on the outside to be FOREVER walking in a drunken stupor.

My daughter goes to school a half mile from home and we walk (we're too close for bus service). By the time I get home (my walk is a mile--- there & back), I'm done!!! Forget about asking me to do ANYTHING that requires ...
Read more : Exercise with NO balance or energy??? | Views : 2480 | Replies : 7

happy mother's day

To all the mom's out there who struggle to raise a family despite this MS, who want the best for their kids despite this illness, who give all that they have even if it means neglecting their own physio or exercises or sleep, have a great day! Carole
Read more : happy mother's day | Views : 1477 | Replies : 1

How would ?

How would my wifes life be different without me? I am at a point where i can't stop thinking how i am changing my wifes life. Without me it would be so much better for her, she says no but i know in my heart that i am holding her down, i just mean little things like going out ,dancing, travelling, shopping ect. I could still do this stuff but not the way it ...
Read more : How would ? | Views : 4730 | Replies : 20

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service