It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:05 pm

News News of Daily Life

Site map of Daily Life » Forum : Daily Life

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

I had such a bad day

Yesterday was a frightening day... I had not slept properly, not done my exercises (all because of time restraints and changes in the schedule) and was stressed by water in my basement. Mannnn, did I ever get it. My leg did not want to respond to me at all. I had forgotten how to walk and my balance was terrible. I am so afraid of becoming totally useless.
For the first time, the future was ...
Read more : I had such a bad day | Views : 2235 | Replies : 11

Pain

Just some thinking (and writing) out loud.

My low back hurts bad today, I can’t think straight. It feels like a nail is being driven into it. Nothing has helped much. I guess I’ll cancel some more plans.

I’ve always been able to fair pretty well in chaos. I’ve never experienced anything like this though. It defies reason. I have to find a way to co-exist with this thing called ms. It’s been 6 years ...
Read more : Pain | Views : 2154 | Replies : 8

vacay within adventure

ok cure i am now officially in sydney! arrived last night around 11pm and roamed the town with my friend til about 1:30 am then came home and gabbed til 3am, so tired today! but generally feeling fine. my C7/C8 hurt SO BAD on the plane but it wasn't intolerable with it just being a 3 hr flight. LA to auckland was 12 hours of hell! anyway beautiful day today, we are going to royal ...
Read more : vacay within adventure | Views : 1966 | Replies : 6

stupid dreams!!

the other night i dreamt that my hands were back to normal! there was a tiny bit of numbness only at the very tippy tips (which makes no sense really but that's how i dreamt it!) but then i woke up to the same old stupid numb hands, GRRRR!!! ah well. that dream will be real one of these days doggone-it!
Read more : stupid dreams!! | Views : 2059 | Replies : 7

Possible move to USA

Hi everyone
After 18 years of living in lovely Canada, I just can't take the cold anymore. Now that I have MS and know that heat might bother me, I have decided to move to a warmer climate. That's not so dumb if you knew that it was always my dream to live somewhere warmer so that I could go out whenever I want to. It's getting pretty warm around here but I also want ...
Read more : Possible move to USA | Views : 2127 | Replies : 6

upcoming challenge! eek!

okay, well i've slowly built up my walking over the last six months. i still find that my lower back and butt gets tingly when i walk, even for just a few minutes - particularly on paved surfaces. and i don't tend to walk for more than an hour or two at once even when i'm on a nice soft trail. these days, i can climb out of pretty deep ravines without my legs getting ...
Read more : upcoming challenge! eek! | Views : 2097 | Replies : 7

...and now...the hair loss...

Well...I guess I can not deny it anymore...I am loosing my hair. I think it is because of the Avonex but my Dr. wants to run some tests. I am not sure what to hope for. Do I want it to be Avonex which I THINK is helping me or do I want it to be something else???? What would I pick? This is going to be really vain but I love my hair. I ...
Read more : ...and now...the hair loss... | Views : 7100 | Replies : 26

Family/Friends and how they deal

I have seemed to have a lot of frustrations with my family and friends as of late. I try so hard to get them to understand how I'm feeling and what I can, or can't do. They still see me get up every day, go to work, and i still try to maintain avery plesant aditude. But when I can't do things (ie: run over and help them with an errand, or go out for ...
Read more : Family/Friends and how they deal | Views : 2331 | Replies : 9

coping

Dear all,

I would like to hear from others about how they cope with the losses and uncertainty related to this disease. I was dx two years ago with RR at 39. Completely out of the blue. Walking is now not great and my hobbies have all been lost (running, scuba diving, tennis). I like, all with this disease, have to deal with changing symptoms / daily embarassments etc etc.

In the two years, I ...
Read more : coping | Views : 4695 | Replies : 19

living

Hi everybody, there´s a new forum here and I can share with you my "living problem". My boyfriend and me want to leave together (perhaps for all life : and we are in age to wonder about our together living.

But there´s my disease, you know. And I think I should take into account my perhaps disability in future. I know maybe it never come, but there´s a probability.

Does anybody solve similar problem as ...
Read more : living | Views : 1684 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218755 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14192