It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:17 pm

News News of Daily Life

Site map of Daily Life » Forum : Daily Life

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

Contribute your favorite recipe to a cookbook with

We are making a cookbook. If you would like to contribute a recipe, please continue reading.

Accelerated Cure Project is collecting favorite recipes and MS tips to be published in a cookbook. The proceeds from the cookbook will benefit Accelerated Cure Project’s mission to determine the causes of MS. If you are interested in submitting a recipe and short tip or saying relevant to living with MS, please adhere to the following instructions:

o Space ...
Read more : Contribute your favorite recipe to a cookbook with | Views : 1249 | Replies : 0

Mothers with MS Call for participants in TX

ARE YOU A MOTHER WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS?

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
A research study on mothers with chronic illness is seeking participants for interviews lasting approximately 90 minutes.

This study, being conducted by Courtney O’Dell, a graduate student at Texas Woman’s University, aims to gain insight into the daily realities of chronically ill women who mother by focusing on the narratives of mothers with MS.
You Must Be:
• Over the age of 18.
• Caring ...
Read more : Mothers with MS Call for participants in TX | Views : 1228 | Replies : 0

Distilled water, Urine and songs

Hi...
So tonight I thought I do a google search on distilled water and see if there is anything on it pertaining to MS. Like usual, I was distracted by all the odd other things that are on the net. Did you know that there are ppl that believe in drinking your own urine???? OMG! I am sorry...that is craziness. Urine is your waste...unless you are sick and your body is getting rid of things ...
Read more : Distilled water, Urine and songs | Views : 1826 | Replies : 6

new job

so i finally got a job in australia, just weeks before i'm due to leave :roll: - a part time one with an agency so i can say yes or no to whichever jobs come up.

the agency is on campus and it's called eco-jobs and mostly it involves going into natural areas (spiders, snakes and all) and weeding out all the invasive plants, some toxic, ...
Read more : new job | Views : 1503 | Replies : 1

Fatigue is making me crazy

Hi Folks:

Could someone tell me if my MS fatigue is typical?

I have ppms and my left side slowly stopped working over 6 years. Now I wear a brace and I can walk. Some days I feel pretty good, so I go out. Nothing strenuous mind you, just a drive to a store and some walking, maybe lunch. If I’m still feeling good I might run another errand.

BUT (and here’s the part I ...
Read more : Fatigue is making me crazy | Views : 4849 | Replies : 23

venting

well folks, i have been in australia since the beginning of july. my bf doesn't make any effort to communicate with me, he is not interested. it is very one-sided and hurts. he is mad at me leaving my job and returning to school in 2004, and i think he was relieved when i had my ms attack because i couldn't come on the australia exchange. he was actually quite supportive and kind when i ...
Read more : venting | Views : 1487 | Replies : 2

I had such a bad day

Yesterday was a frightening day... I had not slept properly, not done my exercises (all because of time restraints and changes in the schedule) and was stressed by water in my basement. Mannnn, did I ever get it. My leg did not want to respond to me at all. I had forgotten how to walk and my balance was terrible. I am so afraid of becoming totally useless.
For the first time, the future was ...
Read more : I had such a bad day | Views : 2254 | Replies : 11

Pain

Just some thinking (and writing) out loud.

My low back hurts bad today, I can’t think straight. It feels like a nail is being driven into it. Nothing has helped much. I guess I’ll cancel some more plans.

I’ve always been able to fair pretty well in chaos. I’ve never experienced anything like this though. It defies reason. I have to find a way to co-exist with this thing called ms. It’s been 6 years ...
Read more : Pain | Views : 2174 | Replies : 8

vacay within adventure

ok cure i am now officially in sydney! arrived last night around 11pm and roamed the town with my friend til about 1:30 am then came home and gabbed til 3am, so tired today! but generally feeling fine. my C7/C8 hurt SO BAD on the plane but it wasn't intolerable with it just being a 3 hr flight. LA to auckland was 12 hours of hell! anyway beautiful day today, we are going to royal ...
Read more : vacay within adventure | Views : 1984 | Replies : 6

stupid dreams!!

the other night i dreamt that my hands were back to normal! there was a tiny bit of numbness only at the very tippy tips (which makes no sense really but that's how i dreamt it!) but then i woke up to the same old stupid numb hands, GRRRR!!! ah well. that dream will be real one of these days doggone-it!
Read more : stupid dreams!! | Views : 2079 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221791 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service