It is currently Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:09 pm

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

Wahls diet article

Hi,

Mercola's newsletter just had an article today about how Dr. Terry Wahls' has reversed her MS by diet alone.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... _DNL_art_1
Read more : Wahls diet article | Views : 2403 | Replies : 2

Fiber is crucial

I do not wish to offend anyone, but I found a recent episode of The Dr. Oz Show and its topic of "poop" very educational, especially his comment (about 4:50 in the video) that he could diagnose diabetes and neurological disease from the pellet-like shape of a person's "poop."

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/warning- ... oilet-pt-1

In determining my diagnosis of MS, a neurologist has never ask me if I was constipated or ...
Read more : Fiber is crucial | Views : 781 | Replies : 0

confused

i keep reading stuff about diets that can help with MS but its all very confusing to me. I just need to find something that i can stick with and that may be able to help me. I would love some ideas that i can easily understand
Read more : confused | Views : 608 | Replies : 1

antioxidants help

Interesting article.

jackD

SAN FRANCISCO-In a series of studies designed to define the role of dietary
macronutrients in the initiation of arterial inflammation that predisposes a
person to atherosclerosis, University at Buffalo researchers have found that
a high intake of glucose, or eating a high-fat, high-calorie fast-food meal
causes an increase in the blood's inflammatory components.
However, they also have shown that the antioxidant vitamins E and C can
nullify this inflammatory response.

Results of ...
Read more : antioxidants help | Views : 1200 | Replies : 3

What you eat and drink may affect your MS

If you have multiple sclerosis, will drinking wine make the disease worse? How about smoking? Or eating fish? How do daily choices affect your condition?

Researchers from Belgium and the Netherlands wanted to take an in-depth look at some of the most common daily life choices, and learn how they affected the progression of disease in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS).

The results were maybe not what you'd expect: Alcohol, coffee, and fish consumption ...
Read more : What you eat and drink may affect your MS | Views : 1403 | Replies : 2

Thanksgiving , could use some proven recipes Fiona?

Hello

I know you really support this diet, and so does my mom but she hasn't had what she needs to do it right now. However she swears by it and made me buy The Yeast Connection. Since I'll be trying this, was thinking you might have some really good tried and true delicious "eats" for Thanksgiving if you have the time. Could use just some simple basics, too complicated or too time consuming. Thanks ...
Read more : Thanksgiving , could use some proven recipes Fiona? | Views : 772 | Replies : 0

sugar and increase in symptoms

I always keep reading that refined sugar is bad for MS patients but failed to understand why. Why only "refined" sugar. Recently I noticed that whenever I was taking refined sugar in my diet there was an increase in burning sensation in my legs. Again it was hard for me to believe that sugar could have such an effect. Thought it to be linked to diabetes, but blood tests were always normal. Can someone give ...
Read more : sugar and increase in symptoms | Views : 4431 | Replies : 8

Fish oil fights mental illness

Fish oil supplements 'beat psychotic mental illness'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8490937.stm

Taking a daily fish oil capsule can stave off mental illness in those at highest risk, trial findings suggest.

A three-month course of the supplement appeared to be as effective as drugs, cutting the rate of psychotic illness like schizophrenia by a quarter.

The researchers believe it is the omega-3 in fish oil - already hailed for promoting healthy hearts - ...
Read more : Fish oil fights mental illness | Views : 803 | Replies : 1

"Sugar – the Great 'Food' Deceiver" article

As most of us probably do, I have spent recent hours cruising the Internet. With my interest in insulin (specifically, the excess insulin resulting from insulin resistance), you will not be surprised that I found the following article, Sugar – the Great "Food" Deceiver, and think it has much information relative to MS:

http://www.stangardnermd.com/2009/02/01 ... -deceiver/

Now, let’s talk about what happens with sugar or refined carbohydrates after they ...
Read more : "Sugar – the Great 'Food' Deceiver" article | Views : 1069 | Replies : 1

Is dairy really bad for you?

I work out and love dairy foods. I also have protein powders that contain dietary protein in it. Are these bad?

Also I take creatine which I hear is good for MS patients. Any info on that?
Read more : Is dairy really bad for you? | Views : 1475 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227071 • Total topics 23943 • Total members 15241

Contact us | Terms of Service