It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:30 am

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

My weekly menu plan

I thought it might be fun to share my weekly menu plan... its gluten free, dairy free. Basically following Best Bet Diet with some ideas from the Body Ecology Diet. Please comment and share your own plans

<shortened url>
Read more : My weekly menu plan | Views : 1310 | Replies : 1

Testing for food allergies

Before embarking on a diet, say like the gluten free diet,would you check to see if you are allergic to gluten and other foods that you wish to eliminate from your diet?
I want to do the Terry Wahls diet, but before that were checking out and making sure that my husband actually is allergic to gluten, sugar etc..
Your views are welcome:-)
Read more : Testing for food allergies | Views : 1472 | Replies : 4

Do diet friendly neurologists exist?

Due to the lengthy times required to wait to see a neurologist here..6 months from probable diagnosis to actually seeing one. I was left with plenty of time to research.
I am of the strong belief that diet and lifestyle play a large part in health and slowing the progression of this illness. When I mentioned diet to my neurologist her reaction was as if I was talking about voodoo!
Does anyone out there have ...
Read more : Do diet friendly neurologists exist? | Views : 1449 | Replies : 7

egg whites?

Are egg whites ok on the swank or best bet diet? I know the swank diet says no more than 1 egg/day and nore more than 3/week, and I'm assuming because of saturated fats, but egg whites contain no saturated fat and it doesn't say anything about them so I don't know if egg whites are ok to eat unlimited?

Anyone know?

Thanks
Read more : egg whites? | Views : 3171 | Replies : 18

I can't believe how good linseed makes me feel!

Diagnosed last year, like all of you I started researching EVERYTHING I could find...Swank, Jelinek, interferons etc etc. About two weeks ago I decided to look in one of my traditional Chinese medicine text books. There was a suggestion of flax / linseeds, and I thought "hey well it can't hurt"
Two weeks later I'm feeling like the converted! I soak 4 tsps overnight in water and tip off the excess water in the morning ...
Read more : I can't believe how good linseed makes me feel! | Views : 27734 | Replies : 19

Coffee good or bad?

Hi! :) I have a question, is coffee good or bad for ms? I hear its bad sometimes and i hear its good sometimes? I don't currently drink it, but if its good, then I'll start lol Thanks
Read more : Coffee good or bad? | Views : 1950 | Replies : 6

caffeine

An interesting abstract to browse with your coffee or tea...

Impacts of methylxanthines and adenosine receptors on neurodegeneration: human and experimental studies.

Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2011;200:267-310.
Chen JF, Chern Y.
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA. chenjf@bu.edu

Neurodegenerative disorders are some of the most feared illnesses in modern society, with no effective treatments to slow or halt this neurodegeneration. Several decades after the earliest attempt ...
Read more : caffeine | Views : 903 | Replies : 0

Japanese Rice may help MS

The purpose of the present study was to develop a peptide fortreatment of multiple sclerosis (MS). We have tested the effectof a novel antiinflammatory peptide (KGHYAERVG, termed IIIM1)on experimental autoimmune encephalitis (EAE), an animal modelof MS. Our findings demonstrate significant reduction in neurologicalscore following oral administration of IIIM1, as compared tothe control groups received the vehicle (saline). Structuralstudies revealed that the entire peptide is required for activity.The peptide caused significant reduction in IL17, interferongamma and ...
Read more : Japanese Rice may help MS | Views : 1278 | Replies : 3

Fructose Malabsorption?

Anyone got it? Heh. :)
Read more : Fructose Malabsorption? | Views : 1206 | Replies : 1

veganism - jimmylegs can we get your input?

Jimmylegs,

I remember you said that you were vegan for many years, but can't find the exact thread. You mentioned something relatively negative about your vegan experience. I've been vegetarian for about 7 years and vegan for about 12 months or so. Your post made me think whether I should rethink my veganism. Could you give your personal experience on being vegan and why you decided to stop? I'm aware that deficiencies are possible, so ...
Read more : veganism - jimmylegs can we get your input? | Views : 1598 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220838 • Total topics 22888 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service