It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:06 pm

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

Fructose Malabsorption?

Anyone got it? Heh. :)
Read more : Fructose Malabsorption? | Views : 1183 | Replies : 1

veganism - jimmylegs can we get your input?

Jimmylegs,

I remember you said that you were vegan for many years, but can't find the exact thread. You mentioned something relatively negative about your vegan experience. I've been vegetarian for about 7 years and vegan for about 12 months or so. Your post made me think whether I should rethink my veganism. Could you give your personal experience on being vegan and why you decided to stop? I'm aware that deficiencies are possible, so ...
Read more : veganism - jimmylegs can we get your input? | Views : 1575 | Replies : 7

Confused Fish vs no Fish

I was planning on eating herring everyday for the inflammation benefits and possible healing for the nerves. However, there is conflicting views that MS is caused by mercury poisoning. Is the risk of eating fish everyday outweight the idea of mercury poisoning being the cause of MS?
Read more : Confused Fish vs no Fish | Views : 1016 | Replies : 6

How do you get enough calories?

Alright' i have been doing diet research, and i need to get 2500-3000 calories a day to prevent being anorexic at least ( i have fast metabolism). I really want to try a healthy MS diet, but i don't see how i could possibly get 2500-3000 calories eating lean meat, fruits, veggies and nuts (WHILE keep it low fat). Anyone have advice? (avoiding dairy, gluten and legumes)
Read more : How do you get enough calories? | Views : 1423 | Replies : 10

dairy

I have read articles that suggest avoiding dairy products for MSers. I am heavily addicted to Tea & consume around 7-8 cups. And unlike in western countries, Indian tea tends to contain good amount of milk. So I would like to know from people what has been their personal experience on dairy products. Does it help?

Thank you ...
Read more : dairy | Views : 1669 | Replies : 3

Paleo Diet discussion

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone had tried this diet and if they had good results, comments etc.

Mirry

Here is an excerpt from their website: http://www.thepaleodiet.com

A New M.S. Diet Program: Treat Multiple Sclerosis with Diet

An emerging consensus among scientists who study autoimmune disease is that a number of autoimmune diseases, including Multiple Sclerosis, have an environmental trigger that originates from a leaky gut thereby allowing ...
Read more : Paleo Diet discussion | Views : 12438 | Replies : 53

symptoms with food intake

Folks,

Before I post, let me give some background. In my last 16 years with MS, I have seen that during days when I change travel I generally tend to get less symptoms. The moment I settle down and continue with my routine work, I see that symptoms slowly come back. I have always felt the reason could be due to better body exercise and relaxed mind.

I started thinking whether this is all due ...
Read more : symptoms with food intake | Views : 1619 | Replies : 4

Depression

I was diagnosed with MS in 2004 after 2 MRIs, I had a lumbar puncture which came back negative and since then have been following a gluten free diet. I didn't really have many symproms until 2008 when my father who I was very close to was diagnosed with a brain tumour a week after I had my only daughter. The following year, he was in and out of hospital and each time I was ...
Read more : Depression | Views : 1170 | Replies : 4

Nutrition Book?

Does anyone know of any good nutrition books? I'm interested in learning about the positive and negative effects of certain foods, supplements and anything else we put in our bodies. One single book (hopefully) full of all the information a person needs to make an educated choice in their health.

I want to understand what each vitamin does and what gluten, sugars and all that other stuff does to our body (other than the obvious). ...
Read more : Nutrition Book? | Views : 1331 | Replies : 8

Confused about diets

A few months ago, I had done some research on the Paleo Diet and my husband and I started following that diet for a while. I was doing fairly well, but we had a family crisis and we 'fell off the diet wagon', so to speak. It seems as though the Best Bet Diet is very close to the Paleo diet and is just slightly less restrictive in that some select grains can be eaten ...
Read more : Confused about diets | Views : 1925 | Replies : 13

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218774 • Total topics 22549 • Total members 14199