It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 am

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

MS recovery diet - EEEKKKK!!

Hey all
I decided to try and tackle MS early.. im going to begin the MS Recovery Diet. Book is already ordered - it should arrive tomorrow. To be sure it was the diet i wanted, and could follow, i actually read a lot of it on google.books... heres the link if anyone wants to have a read

<shortened url>

Quite interesting I must say. Does anyone have any hints or tips for this diet. ...
Read more : MS recovery diet - EEEKKKK!! | Views : 1751 | Replies : 3

Please help with a super short survey!

Hi!

My daughter is doing a science fair project about the effects of diet on MS. Please help us by filling out a super short survey. We really appreciate you sharing your information, it is completely anonymous.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QF825SN

Thank you soooo much!
Beth
Read more : Please help with a super short survey! | Views : 1227 | Replies : 1

Substitution

Hi. I'm doing the Best Bet Diet and I don't know how to substitute butter and margarine. I can't cook pie crusts with olive oil...any suggestions?
Read more : Substitution | Views : 1545 | Replies : 3

Anyone on "Best Bet Diet"?

Hi
is anyone out there living on the Best Bet diet? - no milk, no dairy, no gluten, no legumes, very low saturated fat?
I am on a modified form of it - I got ELISA food intolerance test done and I showed up as being intolerant of gluten, milk, eggs and slightly intolerant of soy and lentils.
I eat some soy and lentils occasionally. I am also finding I'm "breaking out" from the diet ...
Read more : Anyone on "Best Bet Diet"? | Views : 21451 | Replies : 159

Clinical trials on diet and suppliments - PDF documents

Hello,

It has taken me some time to find full text documents regarding clinical trials on diet and omega3/omega6 suppliments mentioned here and in the book. Most of google search returnes only abstract's and not full text. I'm not sure why this is so, but i think we deserve to have access to this documents. So here is a link to ZIP file download that i have put together.

http://www.2shared.com/file/7371455/68536064/DIETA.html ...
Read more : Clinical trials on diet and suppliments - PDF documents | Views : 1323 | Replies : 0

what diet, vitamins, etc to take?

I'm newly diagnosed and I really want to do all that I can to help my body recover. However, I'm not quite clear on exactly how to do that yet. There are so many diets already that I've found that claim to help relieve your symptoms (swank, best bet, ms recovery diet). I don't know where to start! I don't think I want to eliminate dairy completely or other drastic measures, but I can avoid ...
Read more : what diet, vitamins, etc to take? | Views : 1011 | Replies : 2

What diet, vitamins, etc to take???

I'm newly diagnosed and I really want to do all that I can to help my body recover. However, I'm not quite clear on exactly how to do that yet. There are so many diets already that I've found that claim to help relieve your symptoms (swank, best bet, ms recovery diet). I don't know where to start! I don't think I want to eliminate dairy completely or other drastic measures, but I can avoid ...
Read more : What diet, vitamins, etc to take??? | Views : 1751 | Replies : 4

am i doing something wrong?

I have been working on my diet going on 3 weeks. I walk 7 miles a day, i play on my Wii fit for 45mins, and i eat about 1200 calories a day and now i just added swimming to the mix of all this. And i havent gained nor lost a single pound. its very frustrating when you change your eating habits and such and exercising and nothing to show for it. I have ...
Read more : am i doing something wrong? | Views : 1408 | Replies : 1

Green Tea

Green/White TEA can also help treat/cure a lot of your MS problems. It needs to be taken as a supplement to get the dosage at high levels and it is desirable that other things be taken along with it to be really effective.

It is all found in PubMed but it is very hard to find.

I still have a large mug of green/white tea about twice a day.

jackD
Read more : Green Tea | Views : 3653 | Replies : 11

nutritional type & anti inflammatory diet

I used to follow the swank diet but was told to try the nutritional type diet - I am a protein type (which interestingly agrees with my blood type though I was not asked). Now I eat protein but only organic - chicken, kangaroo, a little low fat lamb & progurt (made from organic full cream milk).

I also read about the lupus diet (which excludes anti inflammatories - wheat, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, capsicum,aubergine) legumes ...
Read more : nutritional type & anti inflammatory diet | Views : 1794 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219648 • Total topics 22677 • Total members 14293

Contact us | Terms of Service