It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:03 am

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

Green Tea

Green/White TEA can also help treat/cure a lot of your MS problems. It needs to be taken as a supplement to get the dosage at high levels and it is desirable that other things be taken along with it to be really effective.

It is all found in PubMed but it is very hard to find.

I still have a large mug of green/white tea about twice a day.

jackD
Read more : Green Tea | Views : 3715 | Replies : 11

nutritional type & anti inflammatory diet

I used to follow the swank diet but was told to try the nutritional type diet - I am a protein type (which interestingly agrees with my blood type though I was not asked). Now I eat protein but only organic - chicken, kangaroo, a little low fat lamb & progurt (made from organic full cream milk).

I also read about the lupus diet (which excludes anti inflammatories - wheat, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, capsicum,aubergine) legumes ...
Read more : nutritional type & anti inflammatory diet | Views : 1806 | Replies : 2

Probably a dumb Question, But....

On the best Bet Diet, I see that you can make rice milk, ect... But can you actually eat the rice?
Read more : Probably a dumb Question, But.... | Views : 1887 | Replies : 9

Gluten Free Diets

For those on the Best-Bet or gluten free diets, do you have substitutes for bread and pasta? I've been considering this diet, but I tend to eat a lot of sandwiches and make pasta often, since it's so easy.
Read more : Gluten Free Diets | Views : 3650 | Replies : 14

Coffee

I'm new here and battling to get right answer (not yet diagnosed).
I posted in the Introduction (you can read my story if you wish).
---
Question is:

I found out that coffee increased symptoms. Even with no caffeine (is there really no caffeine?). Is the caffeine the culprit itself or what does coffee (may be vaso-constriction).

- Shaky hand
- Increase of paresthesia
- The effect was delayed in time

Am i right? do ...
Read more : Coffee | Views : 1407 | Replies : 10

nutrition status and allergies and diet

I wanted to share with you some testing available, it's just outside the realm of standard-covered-by-your-insurance traditional lab testing.

one is "Functional Intracellular Analysis": http://www.spectracell.com/

They culture your lymphocytes and check the nutrient values, then bombard them, starve them, perform biochemistry i barely understand and give you your status, and what you need. It generally comes back different than the normal RDA's....and doesn't that make sense, since we are ...
Read more : nutrition status and allergies and diet | Views : 1465 | Replies : 0

Garlic Foe or Friend??

Hi All,
I have some questions about garlic.

Is garlic something to be avoided in large doses or embraced as way of killing bacteria and viruses?

I had HBOT alongside the garlic and think it cause a relapse.

L
Read more : Garlic Foe or Friend?? | Views : 2128 | Replies : 9

Jelinek diet discussion

Just curious - the Jelinek diet is a more radical version of the Swank.

No meat, no fats including dairy - does your head in really. Anyone on this?

I am below 40kgs (female) and I don't think wise - any comments?

Thanks Jam
Read more : Jelinek diet discussion | Views : 17571 | Replies : 63

Ginger bad for you?

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi- ... 4/PDFSTART

I didn't understand much in this article, but just reading the first few and last few paragraphs, does this mean ginger is bad for your brain?
Read more : Ginger bad for you? | Views : 1646 | Replies : 3

creatine and remylination

Does anyone now about some under the radar info and journals done in china about remylination of the spinal cord in animal models with creatine supplementation.

This was from a spinal cord journalin china about 2002 sept:449- 456 university of Zurich
Read more : creatine and remylination | Views : 2650 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220988 • Total topics 22912 • Total members 14475

Contact us | Terms of Service