It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:38 am

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

diet for SPMS?

Hey gang. Anyone with SPMS or PPMS had any luck with dietary regimens? About a month back, I started following the Best Bet Diet pretty rigorously. And though I've lost some weight, I haven't noticed anything tremendous in my lousy legs, bladder, or other affected body parts (I'm a 33 year old male with SPMS, originally diagnosed in 2000). I realize a month may not be long enough, but with all the other things this ...
Read more : diet for SPMS? | Views : 2517 | Replies : 5

Sweet Poison (aspartame and MS)

I got this from my dad's wife (not my mother). Just another thing to worry about, I figure. I'm not giving up my diet ginger ale!

SWEET POISON
A MUST READ

In October of 2001, my sister started getting very sick. She had stomach spasms and she was having a hard time getting around. Walking was a major chore. It took everything she had just to get out of bed; she was in so much ...
Read more : Sweet Poison (aspartame and MS) | Views : 8801 | Replies : 13

Carbohydrate connection

Although this post deals with vitamins and I was tempted to put it in "Natural Approach," its underlying message concerns diet. The following quote comes from my new favorite book, Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. I have recommended it in the past and probably will again in the future--it has so much good information in it! I wonder if jimmylegs or others with knowledge of vitamins and nutrition already knew this; I never ...
Read more : Carbohydrate connection | Views : 2186 | Replies : 2

Flaxseed oil

My local health food shop do not refrigerate their flax seed oil.

Is it likely to be an oxidized and therefore compromised product?

Thanks
Read more : Flaxseed oil | Views : 5951 | Replies : 8

Diet - so simple, yet so complicated

Hi,
In January this year (07), I decided to follow a radically different way of eating.
I felt fantastic, still do and haven't had my yearly relapse (which of course could be down to any number of factors).
I started on a raw food diet and it did feel wonderful to completely lose the brain fog. My fatigue had been awful for the previous year and I only 'functioned' with Amantadine. Happily, this has improved ...
Read more : Diet - so simple, yet so complicated | Views : 9145 | Replies : 42

Healthful Food

http://whfoods.org/foodstoc.php

Since I stopped my CRAB over a year ago, I rely mostly on diet (plus the occasional steriod infusion) to control my MS. This site lists the nutritional content of many healthful foods. I've found it quite useful.
Read more : Healthful Food | Views : 2010 | Replies : 0

Spice up your health

Spice up your health
Dashes of herbs and spices like turmeric and oregano may rev more than just your taste buds
Naturopathic doctor Robert Pearman holds fresh garlic, ginger and baby dill. Use fresh spices when possible for health effects, suggests Pearman, since dried ones lose their potency over time.
Photograph by : John Lucas/CanWest News Service

Published: Thursday, February 01, 2007
EDMONTON -- Thyme for some sage advice on how to spice up your ...
Read more : Spice up your health | Views : 2201 | Replies : 0

Food allergies and the immune system

Here's an interesting article on food allergies and the immune system from American Scientist.

Why We Develop Food Allergies
Coached by breast milk and good bacteria, the immune system strives to learn the difference between food and pathogens before the first morsel crosses our lips

NHE
Read more : Food allergies and the immune system | Views : 3421 | Replies : 7

Just found out I'm pg, what amount of vits to take?

Hi
I'm just delighted, found out I'm pg. Was on Copaxone, but had a hunch I was pg so I gave it up about 6 days after conception, so I'm not worried about that.

I'm taking a general pregnancy multi vit/mineral.
But I'd also been taking 1,000 mcg Vit D - should I continue? Or is that too much during pg, does anyone know? Am taking calcium too, but I will continue that as on ...
Read more : Just found out I'm pg, what amount of vits to take? | Views : 2484 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216292 • Total topics 22102 • Total members 13900