It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:30 pm

News News of Diet

Site map of Diet » Forum : Diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

Diet - so simple, yet so complicated

Hi,
In January this year (07), I decided to follow a radically different way of eating.
I felt fantastic, still do and haven't had my yearly relapse (which of course could be down to any number of factors).
I started on a raw food diet and it did feel wonderful to completely lose the brain fog. My fatigue had been awful for the previous year and I only 'functioned' with Amantadine. Happily, this has improved ...
Read more : Diet - so simple, yet so complicated | Views : 9249 | Replies : 42

Healthful Food

http://whfoods.org/foodstoc.php

Since I stopped my CRAB over a year ago, I rely mostly on diet (plus the occasional steriod infusion) to control my MS. This site lists the nutritional content of many healthful foods. I've found it quite useful.
Read more : Healthful Food | Views : 2033 | Replies : 0

Spice up your health

Spice up your health
Dashes of herbs and spices like turmeric and oregano may rev more than just your taste buds
Naturopathic doctor Robert Pearman holds fresh garlic, ginger and baby dill. Use fresh spices when possible for health effects, suggests Pearman, since dried ones lose their potency over time.
Photograph by : John Lucas/CanWest News Service

Published: Thursday, February 01, 2007
EDMONTON -- Thyme for some sage advice on how to spice up your ...
Read more : Spice up your health | Views : 2222 | Replies : 0

Food allergies and the immune system

Here's an interesting article on food allergies and the immune system from American Scientist.

Why We Develop Food Allergies
Coached by breast milk and good bacteria, the immune system strives to learn the difference between food and pathogens before the first morsel crosses our lips

NHE
Read more : Food allergies and the immune system | Views : 3440 | Replies : 7

Just found out I'm pg, what amount of vits to take?

Hi
I'm just delighted, found out I'm pg. Was on Copaxone, but had a hunch I was pg so I gave it up about 6 days after conception, so I'm not worried about that.

I'm taking a general pregnancy multi vit/mineral.
But I'd also been taking 1,000 mcg Vit D - should I continue? Or is that too much during pg, does anyone know? Am taking calcium too, but I will continue that as on ...
Read more : Just found out I'm pg, what amount of vits to take? | Views : 2506 | Replies : 3

Vegetables are good for your brain

Although not specific to MS, this article is interesting none the less and diet modifications based on these results may prove helpful for MS patients as well as the general population. NHE

Study: Vegetables May Keep Brains Young
By Lindsey Tanner, AP Medical Writer
October 24, 2006, 1:52 AM EDT

CHICAGO -- New research on vegetables and aging gives mothers another reason to say "I told you so." It found that eating vegetables appears to ...
Read more : Vegetables are good for your brain | Views : 2858 | Replies : 3

nutrition/infection/immune sys

http://intl.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/66/2/464S

Synergism of nutrition, infection, and immunity: an overview
NS Scrimshaw and JP SanGiovanni
Food and Nutrition Programme for Human and Social Development, United Nations University (Program Office), Boston, MA 02114-0500, USA. Scrimshaw@inf.unu.edu

Infections, no matter how mild, have adverse effects on nutritional status. The significance of these effects depends on the previous nutritional status of the individual, the nature and duration of the infection, and the diet during the ...
Read more : nutrition/infection/immune sys | Views : 2092 | Replies : 0

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 3136 | Replies : 5

Wanna share your healthy diet recipes?

If you are into a healthy lifestyle, Beano is running a promotion right now called the Healthy Recipe Contest. Check it out @ www.beanogas.com . I am working on this promo on behalf of Beano.
Read more : Wanna share your healthy diet recipes? | Views : 1928 | Replies : 0

Insulin

I don't know if this abstract has been posted here before, but it looks interesting and may provide a potential role for insulin in reducing inflammation. By the way, the abstract can be found on page 9 of the linked document.

Macronutrient intake induces oxidative and inflammatory stress while insulin causes suppression of reactive oxygen species generation and inflamamtion
    Paresh Dandona, Kaleida Health, Buffalo, NY, USA

Following our original observation that the intake of 75g ...
Read more : Insulin | Views : 2771 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218790 • Total topics 22550 • Total members 14199